Duel Mismatches

DeletedUser

Does anyone know how much the difference between levels of attacker and defender have to be before a duel cannot go ahead? And is this based on Duelling Level or Actual Level? I've had characters who are 25 levels above me just pop over and knock me out to gain 7 experience, which seems a pretty poor use of everybody's time.

DeletedUser

This gets asked a lot. If you look in the in game Help File it will tell you the formula used to determine if a duel is possible between two players. The formula is ((7*losers dueling level)+(5*winners dueling level)*Motivation)+5.

As long as both of you can earn xp from a duel the duel is legal. So if you have a significantly higher dueling level than character level you will find yourself able to be attacked by players significantly higher than you in character level. On the other hand, you can attack them as well and if you win you get a lot of xp.

DeletedUser

This gets asked a lot. If you look in the in game Help File it will tell you the formula used to determine if a duel is possible between two players. The formula is ((7*losers dueling level)+(5*winners dueling level)*Motivation)+5.

As long as both of you can earn xp from a duel the duel is legal. So if you have a significantly higher dueling level than character level you will find yourself able to be attacked by players significantly higher than you in character level. On the other hand, you can attack them as well and if you win you get a lot of xp.
Thanks Den, I did scan the help, but looked at the requirements rather than the reward. Not sure I quite get it still, since for there to be a loser or a winner, there has to have been a duel, while I was looking at a situation where a duel can't happen because it's hopelessly mismatched.

DeletedUser

dueling1.png

DeletedUser

well its not accurate, but calculating for d lvl 20 (able to duel from lvl 15-28), it seems correct

for the graph, green is min and blue is max, right?

DeletedUser3543

possible dueling levels

I think there must be a mistake somewhere...

In W4 I'm level 80, but there is a level 51 that is causing grief to some of our town members and duel is not possible...

So, unless motivation is a factor, and the other person has REALLY low motivation, then there must be an error, as the graph says I should be able to duel down to level 40...

Forget that, it looks like I was reading the graph back to front D'OH!!

DeletedUser

The equations I used were given before:
(7*losers dueling level)+(5*winners dueling level)+5>=1 and the inverse of that
If you want me to change it to >0, let me know...

DeletedUser

the graphs okay, green line has slope 5/7 and blue line has slope 7/5

for your duelling lvl, refer to the x-axis, so for lvl 80, the graph says min is about lvl 58

DeletedUser

the graphs okay, green line has slope 5/7 and blue line has slope 7/5

for your duelling lvl, refer to the x-axis, so for lvl 80, the graph says min is about lvl 58
You can use either axis to be your dueling level, as long as the other axis is your opponent's, because the two lines are inverses of each other (isn't it cool how that works?)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yeah, i really like it. how did u make it anyway?

why r u writing 'inverse' everywhere, some may not understand it

DeletedUser

yeah, i really like it. how did u make it anyway?

why r u writing 'inverse' everywhere, some may not understand it
Graphmatica>screenshot>paint for cropping

I use inverse because it's the correct term, and it's really easy to plot those graphs because you just switch all the X's with Y's.