Dueling, fair?

DeletedUser

heres a good way to deal with duelers, put your money in the bank! its so simple! and if u hav a lvl 1 bank, build it to lvl 2, then. som ppl only duel for the exp tho, so if theyr dueling and getting no $$$, ask nicely if they can duel som1 else.

if duelers are only able 2 duel those who are also duelers, not sleeping, and are at their home town, thats just like deleting dueling, and ppl will start ditching the game, and all those duelers dont want that 2 happen

DeletedUser

heres a good way to deal with duelers, put your money in the bank! its so simple! and if u hav a lvl 1 bank, build it to lvl 2, then. som ppl only duel for the exp tho, so if theyr dueling and getting no $$$, ask nicely if they can duel som1 else.

if duelers are only able 2 duel those who are also duelers, not sleeping, and are at their home town, thats just like deleting dueling, and ppl will start ditching the game, and all those duelers dont want that 2 happen

/signed finally someone with some common sense

DeletedUser

Yeah, but it's difficult if you are saving money because you can't put that much in the bank at the same time so walking about with a load of cash on you is a neccesary evil until you are so rich you can bang your bank up to a high level.

DeletedUser

I'm sure at some point in the future though they'll introduce bank robberies as well, then we're all screwed.

DeletedUser

I just got attacked again for $80 more after working another 3 hours and walking back to town (while sleeping in real life). This is fair? ...
It is not intended to be fair, life isn’t fair. If you walk around as a fat tempting target without protection you will most likely be hit, such is life and has always been (in real life nowdays the protection is the law, not much of that in the Old West). So stop whining, please.

DeletedUser5281

Whats to stop a Dueler from sleeping in a hotel for $10 in my town, just hang out 100% and never leave, and challenge everyone so they can NEVER build up their town and work?
Sounds like a great idea! :D

DeletedUser3543

Can someone explain how the duelling level works?

EG : In world 2 I am level 21, with 120 duelling experience [woot!!]. I have no idea what my duelling level is, because there is no way to tell for yourself????

However I have picked a duel with a level 17 person, who had a duelling level of 19.

How come - if the experience earned from duelling, goes on to your player's experience also - there is a difference in actual game level and duelling level?? Surely they should both 'level up' at the same time, unless it takes less experience to level up a duelling level, in which case how can we find out our own level for duelling and when will we next level up????

DeletedUser

in the end i think dueling is fair as it is. if you are mad that higher levels come and knock you out send ALL your towns duelers to ko him.:(g
or if your duelers cant challenge him attack his towns duelers.

DeletedUser

Mistergadilf- as I understand it, 17 is his real level, and 19 is the level he would have if he got twice as much experience from dueling as he did. So in your case, if you are less than 120 pts from being level 22, your dueling level should be 22... Oh, and to see your own dueling level, just look at yourself on the ranking page- this is also good for seeing your fellow townspeople.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i'm a dueller class in w1, i''m lvl 35 in duelling and ranked 67 on the world so i'm tallking from experince.

duelling in this world is already hard enough, as at my lvl there is no body good enough to fight around me, so i usually have to travel 1:30 to 4 hrs to find a good town, and then i duell all there duellers and soldiers, but in most casses there will be 1 or 2 guys hight enough for me to duell them, so then i look for the other classes and duell the hight playrs.

and btw all the other classes have better advantages than us, so don't make our class even worst.

DeletedUser1105

I think all the classes are equally good. They all have their advantages.

DeletedUser3543

Another one :

I'm level 21, but duelling level 22.

I found a rusty muzzleshooter, but I can't use it until level 22, so why are these duelling weapons not calculated on your duelling level??

DeletedUser

in the end i think dueling is fair as it is. if you are mad that higher levels come and knock you out send ALL your towns duelers to ko him.:(g
or if your duelers cant challenge him attack his towns duelers.

Well, what u say it's common sense, but as u might know, there is no way 2 kill him - kill him. you attack, he gets 2 sleep and end of story.

What people say, it's that there should be a way 2 solve these situations in which some dueler/player keeps dueling a town. I am sure duelers will come out again screaming it's fair. But i suggest to those to read and accept other points of view, without speaking bad about the others.

Anyway, there should be a way 2 stop / counter attack. The duel-him-back might not work, as he gets into the hotel and sleeps. Now, as u might know from movies, there is no rule "he sleeps in the hotel and is well protected", many have attacks during night / sleeping time (don't give me the movie-is-not-life line again, i think u can be robed while sleeping during the night in real life too). Now, as duelers here like 2 sneak, don't say it wouldn't be fair for duelers to be able 2 be attacked while sleeping. It's like saying that is fair for all others to be blind, not that you to be too.

So there might be a posibility that if a non-dueler is attacked by a dueler, he's got an extra bonus for 24 hours against that dueler. That extra bonus might be:
- higher attack
- lower damage taken
- the possibility 2 attack the dueler while that one sleeps

If you want 2 have a fair game, you have 2 think on the rules u make.

Fair? Why fair? Because, well, as you know, in RL we have police who protects us from robbers / killers, and as u know, wild west it's gone because outlaws (like duelers) have been taken out by the law. Simple and clean. You want a game in which one player class has all the advantages, and no disadvantage? hm...

Another posibility to this - and now i'm thinking team work - is to use the soldier class members 2 defend against duelers. Like before you can attack town members, you have 2 face the soldiers there. You win against those, u can challenge the other members. And that resets every 24 hours. Would bring soldier class into the game, as i am sure no dueller wants 2 attack soldier class instead of builder class.

DeletedUser1105

I don't think they should be able to duelled at night. I think it is unfair.

However, I do like the idea of a bonus, with a time limit, for someone who has just lost a duel.

DeletedUser4547

I was attacked by a Level 15 Dueler yesterday when I was not playing...
SOMEHOW...
I took no damage to myself and beat him down badly and won. All I had was the Granite, and he had the Bat PLUS a major advantage of level points.

Sometimes it doesnt work out too bad at all in the end.

I only wish there was a way to queue up a bank deposit after your queued work is done.
I don't cotton to back shooters either! One should have to challenge the player and not his avatar!

DeletedUser

Duelers sure do get butt hurt when you begin to jeopordize their advantages lol...Actually make it a challenge for them and they cry..

I'm not 'whining' that I should be immune to occupations that are ranking PRIMARILY for the purpose of stealing money and attacking others who are weaker...all I'm saying is, when you are working for 2 hours, then 2 hours more, you make $100+.

You log in to find out that some punk dueled you while you were working and stole $80+, you get kind of pissed. Okay..part of the game. But then within the same hour (while working a job) and cant leave or go anywhere, you are attacked AGAIN and lose another $80+, its a little far fetched. You have literally, NO defense and he has 100% advantage. Nothing you can do.

Perhaps drastically limiting the amount of $ a dueler can take upon a victory would be a good rule, if like the current situation, he's able to attack anyone, anytime. Only to give him good dueling XP based on the level of the defender.

I just find it very dishonorable to camp out in a town, go after lower dueling levels than yourself, attack them, take ungodly amounts of $ that they worked hard for all day in a matter of seconds, stay in their hotel for cheap, then just do it until you feel like you've made a few hundred and youre bored.

My first reaction was to have our duelers/gunslingers attack him and KO him so he had to return to his town.

To retalliate, his town was over 14 hours away, so we have to waste our time and travel 14 hours in Real Time, not worth it.

Grow some hair on your coin purse and challenge UP! EARN your wins by fighting duelers, and not those who have no defense against you if they are doing anything but sleeping. I expect challenges in a game, thats what makes them fun and you keep playing. But the amounts duelers can win is rediculous, and thats my primary issue.

Otherwise, increase $ gained per job exponentially, so we can have sufficient time to get our money back to the Treasury/Bank without fear of it all being 'camped' away by a dueler in our town.

Perhaps when challenging any player other than a dueler, a town should have a 'sherrif' that can increase in levels. He can protect the other classes when they are working/not sleeping, and if he is defeated, the challenger can THEN attack the residents in a town.