Dueling, fair?

DeletedUser1105

There already is a limit to how much duellers can win. It's 1/3 of any cash you are carrying.

I am already in favour of having an increased time limit on how often you can duel the same person, but I don't think anything else should be changed.

There is already protection in place whereby you can only duel someone withina certain level on your duelling level, so the duellers will soon be too big for you anyway.

DeletedUser3543

Simple solution : Leave town, go to work.

Get town founder / councilor to invite you when you are out working, walk back to town when finished working, accept invite, deposit large sums of money into treasury, go to sleep.

You can't be duelled, and won't lose any money. Town benefits even more because you left and went to work....

DeletedUser1105

Get town founder / councilor to invite you when you are out working, walk back to town when finished working, accept invite, deposit large sums of money into treasury, go to sleep.

You can't be duelled, and won't lose any money. Town benefits even more because you left and went to work....

There are always ways around being duelled..... :)

DeletedUser

Well, it seams u forget about the time to wait before rejoining a town. Each time u leave, that time doubles. And goes down in time, but slowly. So if u rejoin once a day, first time u will wait 2 hours, then 4, then 8, then 16, and so on. I don't think this is a posibility as after the first week you will end up waiting for 48 or more hours

DeletedUser1105

Well, it seams u forget about the time to wait before rejoining a town. Each time u leave, that time doubles. And goes down in time, but slowly. So if u rejoin once a day, first time u will wait 2 hours, then 4, then 8, then 16, and so on. I don't think this is a posibility as after the first week you will end up waiting for 48 or more hours

This would be a good feature in the game to stop rotation.

DeletedUser

Dueling is part of the game... everyone at a point can do it... get use to it and duel ...

"Discover new land and experience exciting adventures and duels!
The West is waiting for you!"

DeletedUser3543

Does this time thingy come into play if you are 'kicked' from a town?

DeletedUser1105

Mister, I don't think it is the case - I think it is just an idea. But it would have to include being kicked, or those who wish to rotate would just kick members out, and it wouldnt stop them.

DeletedUser

First of all, as like with anything else, there will always be disputes of fairness. Unfortunately, the game allows it, it'll happen. I'm not a habitual complainer, I just disagree and stated my point.

What I don't agree with the above, is joining/leaving towns.This is NOT one of the intentions of the people who developed this game. So that is a way around dueling, which means you are saying you dont agree with dueling because you are not willing to accept the consequences of remaining a townsmember and getting dueled. In that sense, you agree with those who don't think the dueling rules are fair.

Secondly, the town doesnt benefit any more or less when you do this. Either way, if you are making money and you deposit to the Treasury upon returning (like you're supposed to), the 'town' knows no difference.

If higher duelers eventually cant pick on other classes/lower levels, thats a decent start and rightfully a good rule. But the amount of money taken and the fact that someone can be attacked like me like I was, was wrong. The point mainly being, I spent the better half of a days worth of work (I only log in once or twice a day to stack up jobs) only to have it almost all taken by me in 10 seconds worth of dueling. In this scenario, greatly reduce the amount of money taken, or as stated, limit the amount of times you can be challenged by the same user within a certain time frame.

Dueling is an appealing part of the game, but it should not be over-priviledged in the fact that whether you are working, constructing, or anything other than sleeping, you can be dueled without warning and lose everything that took you hours to earn.

I'm hoping they impliment some type of 'sheriff' deal where non-dueling classes are protected somewhat, before challenging everyone else in the town. Duelers should be able to challenge duelers equally without the sheriff being involved.

DeletedUser1105

I don't feel rotation is cheating, but I think it's a shady way of improving the town. It's a loophole that the developers have left (probably unintentionally), and I personally don't agree with it.

DeletedUser

I don't feel rotation is cheating, but I think it's a shady way of improving the town. It's a loophole that the developers have left (probably unintentionally), and I personally don't agree with it.

Ok, so if not cheating, then i see no way why this would be removed

DeletedUser

I am a dueler and what some of you don't seem to get is this is simply part of the game. I personally don't attack any builders of any towns because i feel that is wrong unless they are the only one in their town. That is the only class i feel should have nothing to do with the dueling process. Now, you complain about losing your days money and ect... the way i look at it your first attack is a warning. If the dueler gets a lot of money from you , then you can expect them attacking again. That would mean putting money in the bank once you reach an ammount you wouldn't want to lose. As far as my dueling experience goes i've won 2/3. Duelers will have bad rounds like i had where they don't hit you at all. Dueling is something in this game you will either have to just deal with or you might as well quit if it really bothers you that much. If you read up on the game prior and when you all hit level ten you looked through job options and knew that dueling was a possibility. That is this game whether you like it or not. Is it fair? That's your opinion but, it will not change and so, if your willing to put up with it great ,but if not this game might now be for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lmao

They have sim city, no duelers there. i suppose iin real life when someone wants to fight someone else they need to have consent, thats what they did in the west a long time ago. two gentlemen, one asking if he can rob the other of his cash. oh wait no it wasnt, have some harden up juice :p

DeletedUser

Ive played the worker and yes i got dueled often but guess what they take maybe $3-$10 total and that is nothing to what i earn. If you carry a boatload of cash which by your accounts is $80 then why are you carrying $240 on you. I bank every 4 hours then repeat the process as a worker. A smart worker isnt a sitting duck he carrys a big heavy melee weapon and switches to offensive clothes after the job has been lined up which is easy to do since workers earn so much money. If the bank is full then deposit in the treasury help the town you self centred worker. Oh and dont underestimate the power of produce i had over $500 in products in a short time.

Duelers of the notorious nature are deterred by big bulky weapons and offensive clothes. Learn to use everything at your disposal.

Duelers are the hardest class to play IMO ive played as one do you realize that a cash cow such as you are hard to find. If i see a guy i know to carry so much money you can garantee your getting a repeat visit.To be honest i want to know what world your on because im on my way.

DeletedUser

I can't believe someone necroed an 8 month dead thread, just to disagree with something. Can't we just let these dead topics rest in peace?