Duel weapon attacks

DeletedUser

Also could you please edit your first post to include the new idea form? No ideas will be moved into Development Discussions unless they use this format.

I'll make sure to do that soon, I'm a bit busy at the moment but I'll get to it in a few hours.

And thanks Shin :laugh:

DeletedUser

Just got done editing the first post. Is this what you wanted it to look like Diggo?

Diggo11

I can't put ideas into Development Discussions anymore unless they use the standard Ideas Form.

Diggo11

The formality (using headings, being concise), as well as Visual Aids and the Administration part ;)

DeletedUser

I think I just finished putting in all of those, take a look :laugh:.

DeletedUser

Just added another mock up. It isn't perfect but I think it's a good example of an extra round. I put it up near the explanation of the extra round in my first post but you can also view it here.

DeletedUser

If you guys want to see both of the mockups just check the bottom of my first post, got them listed.

DeletedUser14029

just TWO things:
you seen to favour firearms over melee weapons... Buntline is going wayyy offf the book. the +35% of bonus is just too great. ppl switch some aim dodge and shooting to tactics then plain sailing >.< (as if the gun is not deadly enough already) definitely overpowered.

also, extra round seem to apply to ranged weapons only... another bad sign >.<

DeletedUser

I meant to have the cavalry charge bonus as an extra round, but I think I forgot to put it in. Just changed it.

The shotgun really isn't used that often due to it being obsolete when faced with a muzzle loader and you get it early on so not many people will be using that weapon, so the firearms really only has the pepperbox revolver as the only usefull weapon that has an extra round.

Besides, Hernandos sword heals you so I think that makes it godly compared to any firearm ;). I'll alter some of the bonuses for the top guns though.

DeletedUser

quick question. are both the bonuses and drawbacks utilized during the duel?

DeletedUser

Thats what I intended it to be like.... I sure hope that one of the weapons doesn't have a disadvantage that cancels out the bonus! :unsure:

DeletedUser

Yea, that's what I was thinking. The bonuses/drawbacks might conflict with each other. Might want to keep an eye out for that.

DeletedUser

But maybe with that bonus more people might try and get it :razz:

DeletedUser14029

it's pure LUCK

once you hit Level 78 a Precise Buntline is readily available - but a melee dueler got these problem:
1) Best weapon stuck at level 73, the mighty Sharp Calvary Sabre
2) If you did even one thing wrong while searching for Hernado's you can never get it
3) Hernado's overall bonus is magnificent, I agree - but the downside is 20% more damage every hit can make a huge difference, especially to resistance-based duelers (don't worry I am not speaking on my behalf...)

I think it's also quite unnecessary to add bonus for weapons below Dagger - or the bonus just aren't balanced. -6% Toughness/+6% Damage can never cancel out the decrease in Aim. who will go resistance (and effectively speaking) at so low a level?

suggestions >.<