Resolved Dodging,Tactic and Appearance

DeletedUser

So use a bow, who cares? No one is telling you not to use it. No one is telling you to not use a shawl. No one is telling you to use a brown tie. No one is telling you to use a fancy bow tie. Just put something on your neck that gives some kind of bonus to some kind of dueling skill. Try not to put it on too tight and you're good.

DeletedUser

Resurrecting this thread as I have two questions to add. (Please excuse noobishness, I only just got started duelling.)

1. atm I'm using a gold cross (2 str. 2 mob. 2 dex. 2 charisma). Am I right to think that gives me +20HP, +2 dodge, +2 aim, +2 shooting and +2 tactics?

2. Do you recommend switching to a brown tie or fancy bow tie instead? Or rather, is the advantage of those over the gold cross big enough to be worth spending the cash on?

thanks for any advice! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

Resurrecting this thread as I have two questions to add. (Please excuse noobishness, I only just got started duelling.)

1. atm I'm using a gold cross (2 str. 2 mob. 2 dex. 2 charisma). Am I right to think that gives me +20HP, +4 dodge, +4 aim, +4 shooting and +4 tactics?

2. Do you recommend switching to a brown tie or fancy bow tie instead?

thanks for any advice! ;)

1: Attribute points give you one skill point per each skill in the same category. Ex: 1 STR = 1 Construction, 1 Vigor, 1 Stamina, 1 Toughness, 1 Health

Therefore 2 str 2 mob 2 dex and 2 char will give you the following duelling bonuses: 2 vigor, 2 toughness, 2 health, 2 dodge, 2 reflex, 2 aim, 2 shooting, 2 tactics and 2 appearance.

You can check that yourself. Click on Skills (press S) and observe your skills without and with clothes equipped. Just tick the checkbox in skills for total skills with clothes and when unchecked it shows raw skills only.
GH0vDSM.png

2: Natty Bumppo's Scarf (1 STR, 10 Dodge, 10 Aim, 5 Health) is the best as far as I know. Doc's tie is very good as well (1 CHar, 8 Tactic, 15 Dodge). Between Fancy Bow Tie and Brown Tie, I'd pick Brown Tie any day.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I edited the numbers part zd3no, that was just a senior moment, I think. *facepalm* I hadn't considered about the vigor, toughness and appearance part, tho!

Thanks for the advice on the other part. I could no way afford those first two yet, plus I'm still 20 levels short on being able to use them anyway, so it's really just a choice between Fancy Bow or Brown atm. Guess I'll go see if I can find a price on the brown, then... :)

DeletedUser30224

be on the lookout for doc's tie or natty's shawl, they used to be quite common on some markets and quite cheap as well.

DeletedUser35120

I stumbled upon this thread, and found this.

Brown tie is the only other thing you might consider.

Sorry for posting in a very old thread.. and it maybe completely meaningless to some, but I can't leave the thread without...

Bowing down to the almighty brown tie :rolleyes:

DeletedUser22685

Ah, yes, a quote praising the Brown Tie long before its church was founded. This is yet another example of how the Almighty Brown Tie was generous and noble long before its value was truly recognised. It takes a truly benevolent nature to provide assistance to such an ignorant people.