Resolved Dodging,Tactic and Appearance

DeletedUser

Whats the defferent between dodgin and tactic,appearance. I know the main that the tactic is when you are def and apperance when you are attacker and thats why i find it really useless to be upgraded its much easier to upgrade only your dodge and it will have the same effect but it will be for attacking and defending. So can someone tell me why appearance and dodge are created and why most of the people buy appearance and tactic clothes instead of shooting dodging or aiming clothes

DeletedUser14006

Appearance and tactics were more important prior to update 1.36 where they were a vital element of duel builds.

These days though aim and dodge are considered to be all you need for your average duel build, you will find if two folk have the same amount of aim and dodge, only then will an excess in appearance vs. tactics and vice versa provide the player with an advantage.

In short bang all your points into aim and dodge and forget appearance and tactics, but hey that is just my opinion and without concrete proof there will undoubtedly be many folk with a difference of opinion :)

DeletedUser

Who focuses on appearance and tactics clothes? My defensive gear is mostly dodging.

DeletedUser16628

I do not focus on any of that.My gear is mostly aim dodge and reflexology baby.

DeletedUser

Well. I still see a lot of people dueling with Shawls, which gives only appearance and a few AP. When I ask "What is the best dueling neckband" I usually get the answer "Blue/Black Shawl". And some of the best 0moto duelers at my world uses shawls.

DeletedUser22685

Well. I still see a lot of people dueling with Shawls, which gives only appearance and a few AP. When I ask "What is the best dueling neckband" I usually get the answer "Blue/Black Shawl". And some of the best 0moto duelers at my world uses shawls.

Because there are few decent neckbands out there. Other than Natty's fur scarf, the shawls are still the next best duelling neckbands despite only giving a bonus to the secondary skill of appearance. Brown tie is the only other thing you might consider.

DeletedUser22685

A fancy bow tie gives the same dodging and the health doesn't help if changed gear from a neck without health.

Yeah, if you're using a fancy bow tie for defence because of the tactics and your best attacking neckband is a brown tie then you might as well just keep the bow tie on when switching to attack gear. Personally I've never actually used a brown tie for duelling (only tie I ever used was a green one when I was pure mobility), but they are relatively popular since shawls became less powerful than they were in the old duelling system so I added it as an afterthought.

DeletedUser

Because there are few decent neckbands out there. Other than Natty's fur scarf, the shawls are still the next best duelling neckbands despite only giving a bonus to the secondary skill of appearance. Brown tie is the only other thing you might consider.

What about Bows? Black Bow? 12 Shooting > 13 Appearance.

Ripwise

Bows are good for boosting shooting when attacking or defending against a resist player.

Brown tie is currently the best allround neckband(for dodger's) if one does not own Natty scarf.

DeletedUser22685

What about Bows? Black Bow? 12 Shooting > 13 Appearance.

I'd only use a bow vs. resistance, like Rip said. 12 shooting is simply not noticeable nor worth it against a regular dueller.

DeletedUser

Lemme get this straight:

Shooting: Adds damage, but only slightly
Dodging: Increases chance to dodge
Aiming: Increases the chance to aim where your duel tactics lead
Appearance: Dodging+Aiming Boost if Dodging+Aiming are the same for both players. Helps attacker???
Tactics: Dodging+Aiming Boost if Dodging+Aiming are the same for both players. Helps defender???

Ripwise

Appearance helps in Attacking: Appearance
Tactics helps when defending: Tactics

After version 1.36 those 2 were nerfed down so the importance is debatable whether it is profitable to invest in those skills.

Imo soldiers can benefit from investing into tactics cause of their class advantage but any other class shouldnt.
Appearance imo isnt worth having because after 1.36 dodge was boosted as main skill so it is better to have dodge then appearance.

DeletedUser22685

Lemme get this straight:

Shooting: Adds damage, but only slightly
Dodging: Increases chance to dodge
Aiming: Increases the chance to aim where your duel tactics lead
Appearance: Dodging+Aiming Boost if Dodging+Aiming are the same for both players. Helps attacker???
Tactics: Dodging+Aiming Boost if Dodging+Aiming are the same for both players. Helps defender???

You're right about all of them except appearance and tactics. When the attacker's appearance is higher than the defender's tactics, the defenders aim is reduced. When the defender's tactics is higher than the attacker's appearance, the attacker's aim is reduced.

DeletedUser

You're right about all of them except appearance and tactics. When the attacker's appearance is higher than the defender's tactics, the defenders aim is reduced. When the defender's tactics is higher than the attacker's appearance, the attacker's aim is reduced.

So you want to tell me, that they were nerfed so much that there are almost no difference? Sounds awesome to me.

DeletedUser22685

I didn't say that. They still have an effect, it's just been reduced. It's simply more effective to maximise your aim and dodge.

DeletedUser

Ok, I got this. But still, if Shooting gives only a bit more damage, why would you get points to shooting than appearance?

Ripwise

Ok, I got this. But still, if Shooting gives only a bit more damage, why would you get points to shooting than appearance?

Because if you want to beat someones resistance you need to have more shooting to beat his reflex, same is with vigor against toughnes!