Do you think a 50% cap on damage reduction is acceptable for dueling?

Do you think a 50% cap on damage reduction is acceptable for dueling?

• Yes. This change is absolutely needed to balance resistance dueling.

Votes: 1,125 47.3%
  • No. This change would destroy dueling and unfairly singles out resistance duelers.

Votes: 494 20.8%
  • No. I agree a change was needed, but a 50% cap is excessive.

Votes: 488 20.5%
  • Undecided. It doesn't affect me because I don't duel and don't get dueled.

Votes: 272 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Nope. The devs (on the German servers) confirmed that 1/2 of one type of resistance goes to helping the other type of resistance

I just had a "new" thought on this subject.

Change the dueling set up so toughness ONLY counters vigor and reflex ONLY counters shooting.

Basically make it so weapon specific damage can only be dodged, while weapon "bonus" damage CAN be reduced/eliminated or something similar to that effect.

Then I support klondike's idea. I have always thought reflex was for shooting only and toguhness was for only melee.

DeletedUser

Considering that you think 180 shooting is not high...I simply don't believe you.

180 shooting with gear isn't high. It's average, now 200+ starts to reach the high level.

I've been around long enough to experience plenty of duels. Believe me or not.
There are duelers out there with high tactics/dodging and will beat me, I've seen myself lose many times to that.

DeletedUser

Then I support klondike's idea. I have always thought reflex was for shooting only and toguhness was for only melee.

No one would really know, but his idea could very well be worse for resistance duelers than this 50% cap.

In the beginning I thought toughness was only for vigor and reflex only for shooting too, until it was confirmed by devs.

DeletedUser

180 shooting with gear isn't high. It's average, now 200+ starts to reach the high level.

I've been around long enough to experience plenty of duels. Believe me or not.
There are duelers out there with high tactics/dodging and will beat me, I've seen myself lose many times to that.

Yup...I don't believe you.

Considering that 180 points go into Shooting, that doesn't leave much for the big three dueling skills; dodge, aim and hit points -- not to mention tactics which you claim was the deciding factor.

If you were to tell me that you fought some with a 50 shooting who beat you, then it would be a matter of the Dodge / Tactics build making the difference. But, in your case, it's about the shooting... As I said, there is only one way to beat a resistance build...

DeletedUser

Look at my dueling guide will ya. geez. Go down to the section about beating resistance duelers.

180 points from AP, SP, and gear, not just SP as you still seem to think is what makes up the 180.

DeletedUser

I don't need a dueling guide...and certainly not yours.

But, again, thanks for admitting that the Dodge / Tactics weren't the deciding factor. The 180 Shooting was.

DeletedUser

No one would really know, but his idea could very well be worse for resistance duelers than this 50% cap.

In the beginning I thought toughness was only for vigor and reflex only for shooting too, until it was confirmed by devs.

Resitance duelers would have to choose who they want to defend against. It sounds like restiance duelers are the only ones missing out on klondikes proposed plan. Most duelers actually benefit because they can do more damage. It seems like only a niche group would suffer.

DeletedUser

Who said what?

Dueling isn't determined by one stat. If you don't understand that, then you're nothing more than a noob. A combination of skills is required to be effective at dueling.

DeletedUser

Who said what?

Dueling isn't determined by one stat. If you don't understand that, then you're nothing more than a noob. A combination of skills is required to be effective at dueling.

A combination of 180 Shooting...and some other minor stuff. Yeah...

And I'm no noob. I just know a completely dishonest and self-serving argument when I see one.

DeletedUser

Who said what?

I was saying if Klondikes proposal is used then ref;ex and toughness would not add on to the same restistance (Reflex wouldn't use Toughness to lower damage from Shooting)

Therefore Resistance duelers would have to sacrifice some of thier immunity and try to allocate the resistance skills (Relfex and Toughness) to the resistance (Shooting or Vigor) that they feel most threatend by.

The current state of things sounds like a pure toughness person (who would be crazy to be so) can still have resitance against shooting. Which I believe is wrong. Toughness should only affect Vigor, and Reflex only Shooting.

DeletedUser

You're a bit loco.

I said I lose to players with 180+ shooting, lots of dodge, aim, and tactics.

In an example I gave, I pointed out that a player at level 75 with 180 shooting isn't very high. You refuse to believe me, so what is the point of your posts now?

DeletedUser

I was saying if Klondikes proposal is used then ref;ex and toughness would not add on to the same restistance (Reflex wouldn't use Toughness to lower damage from Shooting)

Therefore Resistance duelers would have to sacrifice some of thier immunity and try to allocate the resistance skills (Relfex and Toughness) to the resistance (Shooting or Vigor) that they feel most threatend by.

The current state of things sounds like a pure toughness person (who would be crazy to be so) can still have resitance against shooting. Which I believe is wrong. Toughness should only affect Vigor, and Reflex only Shooting.

No, i wasn't talking to you. lol
Talking to that noob who refuses to believe that I lose to players with 180 shooting, high aim, high dodging, and high tactics(a proper duel build i might add) all the time.

DeletedUser

I said I lose to players with 180+ shooting, lots of dodge, aim, and tactics.

What you claimed is that you fought a Dodge / Tactics build that beat you. How you can claim that someone has a Dodge / Tactics build when they have 180 in Shooting is beyond me...

What stat would a person with 180 in Shooting have the most points in if they had a Dodge / Tactics build at level 75? Come on...I know the answer...

Now, how can you call a build a Dodge / Tactics build if neither Dodge nor Tactics has the most points in it?

DeletedUser

What you claimed is that you fought a Dodge / Tactics build that beat you. How you can claim that someone has a Dodge / Tactics build when they have 180 in Shooting is beyond me...

What stat would a person with 180 in Shooting have the most points in if they had a Dodge / Tactics build at level 75? Come on...I know the answer...

Now, how can you call a build a Dodge / Tactics build if neither Dodge nor Tactics has the most points in it?

Oh dear...:huh:

Oh my...:eek:hmy:

Oh god....:blink:

Stay in school, please!

Does anyone know what adelei is going on about?

DeletedUser

I beg to differ that dodge and tactics / appearance won't give you the win. I've lost to those builds, and never stood a chance.

You have just proven my point. There are currently two types of build, the resistance build and the anti-resistance build...and you know it.

Your statement above is complete hogwash. When 180 Shooting becomes "not high" and a Dodge / Tactics / Appearance build has not much of any...then you know that the game is skewed and needs to be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If a dueler's vigor or shooting is greater than their weapons damage, my suggestion would result in LESS damage, otherwise it would be more than the 50% rule currently expected. I guess the calculation could be adjusted somewhat.
Whatever PERCENTAGE of reflex/toughness LEFT OVER after eliminating vigor/shooting could be used toward reducing weapon damage up to a maximum of 50% of weapon damage or something similar.
What I am trying to do is find some method that increases dependency on aim AND dodge [and health to a lesser degree], somewhat decrease dependency on vigor/shooting/toughness/reflex, AND allows high resistance duelers the ability to still be competitive without having to change MOST of their skills.

DeletedUser

Run away, poor child, run away.

You have just proven my point. There are currently two types of build, the resistance build and the anti-resistance build...and you know it.

Your statement above is complete hogwash. When 180 Shooting becomes "not high" and a Dodge / Tactics / Appearance build has not much of any...then you know that the game is skewed and needs to be fixed.

that includes 180+ shooting
Did you read the posts before that?

I gave an exmaple. Maybe you didn't read the part about "assuming all other skills are what they should be," and in addition to those skills, you have shooting which is what determines the damage.

For example(lvl 75's, assume all other skills are what they should be), A range dueler with 180 shooting against a resistance dueler with 200 resistance would be able to inflict high enough damage to win. 180 shooting at lvl 75 isn't high at all. It's what every range dueler at lvl 75 should have for their shooting. If you think 180 shooting is high, then that's where your mistaken.

oh my goodness. Stop posting about whatever it is your going on about, it hurts. (dodge/tactics build, what is a dodge/tactics build? Who in the world goes only dodge/tactics for dueling? What are you going on about?)

DeletedUser

I gave an exmaple. Maybe you didn't read the part about "assuming all other skills are what they should be," and in addition to those skills, you have shooting which is what determines the damage.

Which is precisely my point...Shooting has to be inflated extremely high (180) for a dueler to survive because of the resistance build. Again, you prove my point.

(dodge/tactics build, what is a dodge/tactics build? Who in the world goes only dodge/tactics for dueling? What are you going on about?)

You tell me...this is what YOU claimed...

I beg to differ that dodge and tactics / appearance won't give you the win. I've lost to those builds, and never stood a chance.

DeletedUser

my god.

read what I posted above

It's like your going on about two different matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.