Do you think a 50% cap on damage reduction is acceptable for dueling?

Do you think a 50% cap on damage reduction is acceptable for dueling?

• Yes. This change is absolutely needed to balance resistance dueling.

Votes: 1,125 47.3%
  • No. This change would destroy dueling and unfairly singles out resistance duelers.

Votes: 494 20.8%
  • No. I agree a change was needed, but a 50% cap is excessive.

Votes: 488 20.5%
  • Undecided. It doesn't affect me because I don't duel and don't get dueled.

Votes: 272 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I would vote on that! I love banjo music!

Still, this does not affect me much because I am a pure builder. If the vote was for builders to get kevlar I would be all for it, but it isn't so I really do not care much since nothing I do as a pure builder will make any difference. I am still going to get owned.

DeletedUser13020

the way things are going we will be dueling with banjos :sad:

when it comes to dueling resistance builds, you might as well be using a banjo. This new update will make sure that when they get stabbed, they are going to at least feel it.

DeletedUser6439

No. I agree a change was needed, but a 50% cap is excessive

DeletedUser

lol, who voted undecided? everyone should go duel that person. :D

DeletedUser

This absolutely needs to be done. The current system is quite broken.

DeletedUser

OK - I have done a preliminary sweep of my house and I see no camera. I will be calling in the experts tomorrow for a thorough investigation but I don't see how you can know about the melon-balancing unless you 1. are my neighbour; or 2. have some special powers. It's really spooky how you knew though locdog. I won't underestimate you if our paths cross in the future that's for sure.

DeletedUser

We do not need this so called fix. Whats next put a cap on pure shooters? All the resistance duelers will just shift the skill points back to a different area making it hard to beat them. The serious pure dueler build will be hard to beat no matter what is done they will still be king. Pure duelers don't care about doing quests or all the jobs, all they want to do is duel and win.

DeletedUser

this is just innogames caving to the pressure put on them by all the whiney people who whine about resistance duelers.

DeletedUser

I'll only accept this if they give everyone a free respec. When Blizzard totally change the balance like this, they always give people affected a free respec and WoW respec is cheap compare to The West.

Without free respec, how can they expect resistance build players to stay? It'll take forever to respec. It'll take several hundred thousand to fully respec, but resistance players will get KO every 48 hours while trying to save the money because now they're going to be easy to farm.

Too bad for me that I just paid more to the premium thing. Can I get a partial refund?

DeletedUser

in the beta world they are experimenting with possibly make a respec cost nuggets. so those with premium could easily change their skills around. this is just in the beta, so there is no guarantee that it would be implemented other places. but that could solve the respec issue.

DeletedUser

in the beta world they are experimenting with possibly make a respec cost nuggets. so those with premium could easily change their skills around. this is just in the beta, so there is no guarantee that it would be implemented other places. but that could solve the respec issue.

that wouldnt solve this, that would just allow people with extra money to have a huge advantage, i spent my time for months respecing and this update will kill all that hardwork

DeletedUser

I'll only accept this if they give everyone a free respec. When Blizzard totally change the balance like this, they always give people affected a free respec and WoW respec is cheap compare to The West.

Without free respec, how can they expect resistance build players to stay? It'll take forever to respec. It'll take several hundred thousand to fully respec, but resistance players will get KO every 48 hours while trying to save the money because now they're going to be easy to farm.

Too bad for me that I just paid more to the premium thing. Can I get a partial refund?

if they do destroy resistance dueling, at least give us a chance to fix our build.

as it is their hanging us out to dry, and telling us our opinons dont matter.

DeletedUser7371

No. I agree a change was needed, but a 50% cap is excessive.It need charge but 50% probably not far.

DeletedUser7371

:madb::cool:It need charge but 50% probably not far.i like we need put more good wepion in gum smith or i need help get good one in my town.

DeletedUser

if they do destroy resistance dueling, at least give us a chance to fix our build.

as it is their hanging us out to dry, and telling us our opinons dont matter.

Agreed! A one-off free respec for every player that had a toon prior to the announcement of this change would do wonders for the community I think.

That said, I have no idea whether this can be actually done developmentally-wise

DeletedUser

A change was needed but this is a stupid way to do it. The problem was that melee builds could get attack and defence in one single attribute. If they made it so that you had to decide between resistance and attack strength upgrades the problem would largely vanish. For example;

Strength: Vigor, toughness (and remove health too, make it just levels)
Mobility: aiming, dodging
Dexterity: Shooting, reflex

And the problem is largely solved without hard-capping / simplifying how to make a dueller. I mean there was never a problem with ranged resistance builds right?

The dev's for this game are pretty slow moving and like simplistic solutions I think. So they can focus on things like forts which ended up being a pretty pointless addition as they didn't add much to the gameplay.

DeletedUser

Ah, so they're trying to turn this into evony. I'm not entirely sold, I think they might have to advertise with women in low cut tops first :laugh:

DeletedUser

A change was needed but this is a stupid way to do it. The problem was that melee builds could get attack and defence in one single attribute. If they made it so that you had to decide between resistance and attack strength upgrades the problem would largely vanish. For example;

Strength: Vigor, toughness (and remove health too, make it just levels)
Mobility: aiming, dodging
Dexterity: Shooting, reflex

And the problem is largely solved without hard-capping / simplifying how to make a dueller. I mean there was never a problem with ranged resistance builds right?

The dev's for this game are pretty slow moving and like simplistic solutions I think. So they can focus on things like forts which ended up being a pretty pointless addition as they didn't add much to the gameplay.

this would fundamentaly change the game, skills are not going to be moved to different attributes, and they dont want a hard line distinction between dueler and job doer, as some of the best do both

Status
Not open for further replies.