Disciples of Dante : Western-Literature-Demonic RPG

DeletedUser13682

(a world war two one, and one that's based off Gundam)

Johnathan thought for a moment about Azult's question. "I have no idea. Didn't know that demons were supposed to be impervious to human weapons. The thought never occured to me." Johnathan drew out his sword, and looked closely at it. There was nothing that he could make out that it was more than a normal katana. "It was my father's, who got it from the Orient, where he met my mother. He gave it to me in his will, after a case of gunpoweder in a stable blew up, killing both my parents. My grandfather took care of me, and finished my training in using the katana. He died shortly after, of old age. It's just supposed to be a regular katana, but I guess there's something different about it. I'd laugh if it turned out to be the legendary Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, although it can't control winds, I doubt it is." Johnathan shrugged, and resheathed his sword. "So, want to get a bite to eat? I know a great place a few streets over. Great food, great drink, every kind of fruit juice you can imagine."

Johnathan and Azult were eating at the restaurant, Azult nursing a mug of fruit juice, and Johnathan eating a slice of Black Forest Cherry Cake, which was starting to get Johnathan a little drunk. "So, tell me more about yourself Azult. It must be interesting being an angel dragon thingy. Of course, never really believed angels existed, unless some girl was named Angel, only saw one though." In the middle of Johnathan's speech, the same pack of demons came in, this time armed with Mauser Gewehr 98s, Maxim machine guns, Gatling guns, and military revolvers. "Hey, you can't do that!" Johnathan yelled. "We defeated you already tonight. Can't you let us enjoy a meal in peace?" The head demon, who was freshly recovered from his wounds, laughed. "We're demons. We can do whatever we want. And we came better armed this time. Say good-bye Azult, and his samurai sidekick."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

(Um...Johann? I think I need more of a bone to continue the story.
Can you add another paragraph and insert some action?)

DeletedUser

(It's 1896 and you are talking about little Kan-tanas? Ever seen Army of Darkness? Quite simply, Guns Own Swords.)
armyofdarknessbruce1.jpg

DeletedUser

(Sorry for the late reply.)

Zach sat on the dark chair the chipped wood covered in marks and scrapes he moved his rode aside his long boots layed over the table as he held his blade within his warm plam. "Deamons." He said his hood dark his blue eyes shone through them and his face dark hiding his long scar, what seemed to be the leader stood talking to the human and the dragon as he winced almost falling off of his chair retrning it to it's former position on all 4 legs.

He stood his boots cracked on the dark wooden floor as the resteraunt grew slient the covosation between the 2 men and the pack of sins carried on as Zach stood his robes moved to the side showing the sheat of his sword latin coated harded leather with a blue rim.

"Leave this place foul beast." He said his voice low and threatening.

"Hush fool!" The deamon replied.

"I will have to remove you...By force." He said whipping his sword from it's sheath with great speed the blade sparked as the embers fell to the floor the tip of his long sword erupted with blue flame.

"This is your warning." Zach said.

DeletedUser14280

Everybody looked at the newcomer with his flaming blue sword.
Who is that?, Johnathan wondered.
It might be just me, but you look familiar..., thought Azult.
What's going to happen to my bar?, the bartender worried.
Wait a minute...I know that sword!, thought Cogarl angrily.
"Zachariah!"

"Surprised to see me?" the archangel asked.
"I am!" Azult piped up.
He sauntered up to Zachariah, past the demons who were now edging towards the door, and stopped right next to the archangel.
"So Zaccy, where've you been?"

DeletedUser

"Around." Zach replied with a sharp tone to his voice, he wasn;t in the mood.

"What is this fool doing?" He barked.
"He is the leader of...Them"
"Talk to my face not to your own." the deamon growled.
"Do you want to take this outside deamon?" He asked a cocky tone left the deamon angary with annoyance.

"FOOL!!! My swordsmanship could out weight your tactics anyday." Zach said growling at the rather large abomonation.

DeletedUser14280

"Please don't antagonize my chew toy, Zaccy."
"Your chew toy?"
"I'm not his chew toy."
"'Course you are. Cogarl the Chew Toy."
"I don't have time for this..."
"Neither do I."

Cogarl snapped his fingers, and the same barbed tentacles from before erupted around the demon, thrashing and flailing everywhere.
In the center of the tentacles, a thick stem sprouted next to Cogarl, and an eye opened on top of it.
You need my assistance again, Cogarl?
"Indeed I did, Targus. These little pests have no respect for their betters."
They never do...never mind, I can chastise them.
The tentacles erupted towards everything in the room, only pausing for a second before going for Azult as well.
Johnathan and Zachariah tried to cut at Targus's tentacles with their swords, but the demon was too quick and seized the two.

DeletedUser

"Thou shall not be paraded by such a fool!" Zachariah shouted. His sword still within grip he slashed wildly barely able to cut much the monster removed his injured limbs keeping them clear of Zach's sword.

Zachariah mumbled a quick prayer as he pulled his hands together knocking his rode away his scar promonent on his face as he gritted his teeth growling at the deamon muttering curse wordss to himself as he flung his blade into the air catching it with his other bound hand, sheathing it.

DeletedUser13682

Johnathan calmly ate his cake, while Azult had a short reunion with another angel, this one named Zachariah, amidst the demons, who were being led by "Cogarl the Chew Toy". Not a very fierce name in Johnathan's opinion. After finishing every last crumb of cake, Johnathan got up, and reached for his sword. Instead of getting it, he got a tentacle wrapped around his body. Luckily, his grandfather had taught him to get out of situations like this, and a moment later, the tentacle was writhing on the floor, cut off from its owner, Johnathan's katana dripping with greenish blood. He turned to Zachariah. "Zachariah, is it? I'm Johnathan. Pleased to meet you. How long have you been fighing demons? I personally started earlier this evening, after meeting your friend at the bar across the street."

DeletedUser

"Years." Zach growled his fist clenthched as ehstambed down on the tentacle below ripping his sword back for it sheath arching it over his head and bringing it down on the fattest slither of the beast only cutting half way though the monster howled in pain.

With it's largest now out of action it lunged many smaller arms at Zach he did his best to cut them back but a few managed to grab his leg, as the largest lay infront of his sizzling as he looked back up hoping for a little help.

DeletedUser14280

Azult wasn't resisting the tentacles much.
The demon they came from wasn't strangling him this time, so he was quite comfortable, except for the whole "being restrained by barbed tentacles" thing.

Sensing what he believed was weakness, Targus dragged Azult towards his center, towards Cogarl.
"What's the matter, little dragon? Got no fight left?" Cogarl sneered.
"Oh, I have plenty. I just don't see the need to use any of my energy."
Azult wiggled the tip of his tail at Zachariach and Johnathan, the chain on his tail clinking. "I'm sure they can beat you, in due time."
"Targus could kill you in an instant, at my command."
"He could, but he won't. You've made it no secret you want me alive."

Cogarl thought about this, and smiled. "Yes, that is true. Your friends, however..."
The demon made a swift motion with his hand, and the group behind him hefted their guns, aiming at everyone else in the bar.
Azult saw this, and opened his jaws to shout a warning, but a tentacle whipped up and ringed around his muzzle, slamming it shut before the dragon could make a sound.
Ah, ah, ah...no sounds from you, lizard, Targus said in his mind. Let your friends find out for themselves.

DeletedUser13682

Johnathan walked over to help Zachariah out with the tentacles. "You know, I thought you would do better than this, considering you have years of experience, your sword is a huge pillar of fire, and you're an angel, excuse me archangel. But, it's fine. Everyone has their off days." Johnathan blocked a few more tentacle attacks, and looked around for Azult. He was slowly being dragged toward the tentacle thing, and started walking over to help. The demons, those with firearms that is, aimed at everybody at the bar, which consisted of about 5 guys, too drunk to notice what was going on, and three others who had passed out for various reasons. "Are you really going to kill those washed out drunkards, Chew Toy? What's the reason? And now that I think about it, why do the call you Cew Toy? Not very fearinducing, more like laughinducing."

DeletedUser

:)P Didn't want to do too much, godmodding would be my crime.)

Zach swung his swords from it's sheath as it agian burst into flames he eyed the monster, "Foul beast." He snarled as a large huddle of limbs exploded out towards him in rage as the beast attempted to regain it's grip on him.

Zach snarled agian bringing his balde over head bringing it down and swinging it around himself as the beast howled and the blood of the creature sizzled on his blade gripping it agian he brung it down into the floor and a plume of blue fire burst with inteanse heat and force up through the bar in a straight hot burning line knocing floorboards in all directions engulfed in blue flame around the bar as the heat traveled shooting up below the monster.

It howled in return the stentch of it's burning flesh filled the room quickly as Zach lifted his sword touching the cold blade to his head as he clicked his fingers and it broke the blue glow from around him as he sheathed his weapon his eyes fixed on the deamon.

"Fool, pick your fights wisely." The creature fell to the side, limp his arms crossed as Zach watched the party of the dragon and the man his scar promomently pertruding from his face.

"You are fool!"

"Do you know who i am?"

"A god fearing over puffed angel!"

"Snet down by the lord himself to cleanse the land he created of your foulness, do not test me you sack of recycled human waste!" Zach stood watching the deamon his eyes sharp as the drilled into his scarred face.

DeletedUser14280

(I had a bit of trouble reading all of that, but I'll see what I can do with it anyway.)

All the barbed tentacles withdrew into the ground, releasing everyone in the room.
Azult started to step away from Cogarl, but the demon snatched the chain on his tail and said "Not just yet, dragon. You want to see what comes next."

The ground shaked, and timber began to collapse from the ceiling of the building.
Zachariah and Johnathan raised their swords, but the demons raised their guns at them, and all came to a standstill to see what was about to happen.

Half of the floor collapsed, and all the demons (including Cogarl) fell gracefully into a smoking pit, Cogarl dragging Azult in backwards by his tail.
Enormous jaws snapped shut on the hole a second later, then started salivating a thick white goo.
Within seconds, the hole was covered by the goo, which was petrifying into stone.

Johnathan looked at Zachariah. "What do we do now, angel? They have Azult!"
Zach started to reply, but the sound of an eruption outside cut his words short.

Everyone still in the bar dashed outside. There was a huge hole outside, covered by the same stony white goo, and-
"Oh, my lord." Zachariah said slowly.
"What the hell is that?" Johnathan asked, in a determinedly calm voice.

A titanic purple worm was flying through the sky.
It had enormous jaws on its front, and screeched loudly as it flew over the archangel and human.
All over its body, thousands of barbed tentacles sprouted and writhed; several dozen of these tentacles had a membrane stretched over them, and resembled grotusque wings.

"Again, what is that?" Johnathan asked.
"That...is Targus." Zachariah replied, and wouldn't say any more.
Above them, the monstrous worm started flying out of sight, and everyone knew that Azult was being carried away on it.

(Why is it that when I try to create a character that's not unstoppable, the dragon ends up being the damsel in distress?)
(Also, Coram, I'm giving your character royal blue speech, because I can. Does it look nice?)

DeletedUser

(Awsome...I love it.)

"I've only fought it once...And lost." He siad pointing out his large scar.

"One of it's smallest teeth." Zach rolled his shoulders and cracked his neck as he pulled his sword over his shoulder and used it to cut through his clothes as his face tightened and he fell to his knees a low growl stuck in his chest rolling as he tensed.

He stopped as he stood his bones cracked as he said "Comming?" His eye brow rised as his lush white wings spreadfrom his back and his bones cracked for abuse by time and he stretched out as he sheathed his sword and stood folding them back to make sure they had been well warmed up.

DeletedUser13682

Johnathan watched the thing in the sky, apparently called Targus, and turned back down again. He sheathed his katana, and looked over at Zachariah. "Well, I would love to go with you. Only problem is I can't fly. We haven't invented anything that can sustain flight yet, besides balloons, and I doubt that one of those would last. Maybe I can shoot it from the ground."

DeletedUser

Zach chuckled to himself as he pulled the human towards him and said. "Who said you're not joining me?" He asked as he pulled the human close.

He bent his legs springing himself up into the air as he let loose his wings the wind catchign them as he glided a few hundred yards landing softly on the roof of the bank.

"So how about it mortal? Do you wish to help me?" He asked as he released John and moved back. He looked up the lareg creature disgusted him. "Foul creature!" He announced.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

Targus heard the archangel, and slowly wheeled back around to face him.
Upon seeing the two standing on top of the bank roof, he roared with joy and dived.

Targus plummeted towards the ground, wings outstretched and tentacles waving.
Right before impact, he flattened out his descent; his tentacles sunk into the road and began tearing it apart.

Johnathan and Zachariah watched, speechless, as Targus tore towards the bank, ripping a great chasm in the road as he went.

(Short post to describe a lot of action...)

DeletedUser13682

(methinks the Wolves thread needs to be jump started)

Johnathan was staring dubiously at the angel. Sure, he had gotten them both at the top of the bank, but he preferred not to be carried by a naked manlike creature, no matter how angelic they were. But, these thoughts were banished from his head as he watched the Quetzalcoatlish creature dived down. The first thought that went through Johnathan's head was (Oh no, not again. Many have speculated that if we knew exactly why Johnathan had thought that, we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now. Not really) 'Curious. What to do now.' Johnathan's second thought was to jump, and jump he did, right before the thing crashed through the bank, landing perfectly on its back. Johnathan waved back to Zachariah, while keeping precarious balnace. "Hey, now what do I do? Plunge my katana into its head? Or is there another weak spot?"

DeletedUser

"I do not know mortal!" He said as his heart filled with despair and loss as he swung his body in a spiral as the bank imploded and the dust felw everywhere. Zach on the other hand was quick enough to jump to the side spreading his wings and gliding away as he turned and dived back down next to John.

"What should we do now?" He thought drawing his sword once more as he eyed the beast it's weak points seemed few and far between and even then it seemed pretty pointless...Could Zach cut it up...He wasn't sure.

"I'll need you're help!" He said as the creature roared and turned ready and waiting for the right moment to strike at them.