Disciples of Dante : Western-Literature-Demonic RPG

DeletedUser13682

(Alright I'll make some changes to my dialogue, so it fits Johnny better)

Johnathan followed the man, who now had the sword, through a doorway. He was expecting a lot, but a bar was not one of them. The lighting was so much brighter than the tunnel, that Johnathan stumbled around for a second, almost knocking a table over. When he could see better, he walked over to the bar, where a friendlyish looking bartender was polishing glasses. The bartender immediately asked about the church scene. "Epic battle in the rafters. Grayman won, made me carry a hand and a half. He took it now. Do you have any nihonshu?" The bartender handed Johnathan a bottle of nihonshu, and Johnathan laid some money out.

Johnathan headed toward the nearest table, beckoning the other person to come over. He sat down, and tasted the nihonshu, finding it to be good. He was about to take a long drink, when he happened to look in a corner, and saw a dragon like creature. Quick as a blink, Johnathan was out of his chair, trenchcoat 10 feet away, and katana drawn out at the dragon. "How did you get here, and what is your business, dragon?" Johnathan asked the creature, in a challenging manner.

DeletedUser14280

Azult sat up and fixed his gaze upon Johnathan.
Then, with exaggerated care, he said "Pardon?"
A little disturbed, Johnathan repeated his challenge: "How did you get here, and what is your business?"
"I got here by walking, and I'm here as the bouncer. Why do you ask?"

As Azult stretched out, Johann noticed the long chain on his tail.
"Oh-ho! You're a savage beast, escaped from his master!" he announced triumphantly.
"Savage? I wouldn't say I'm savage..."
"As an honorable man, I must punish you for your desertion."
"You weren't listening before, were you? I'm employed here." said Azult in exasperation.
Johnathan wasn't listening now either, as he was bearing down upon the dragon, sword in hand and with intent to subdue.

Johnathan raised his sword, and roaring "Feel this, dragon!", swept the flat of it around at Azult's skull.
Before it could connect, Azult ducked, and grabbed Johnathan's sword arm with his claw.
Johnathan wrenched his arm out of Azult's grip, then aimed a kick at the dragon.
Azult jumped back, avoiding the wild attack, then ferociously headbutted Johnathan, knocking him to the ground before firmly pushing a paw on his chest.

"Listen, I think we-" Azult started to say, but Johnathan forced his paw up and he was cut short.
With a growl of fury, Johnathan rose and threw himself at Azult, pushing them both to the ground.
Azult rolled this way and that, trying to push Johnathan away, but the man of honor proved impossible to remove.
Struck by sudden inspiration, Azult's tongue whipped out and slapped Johnathan's face, providing enough of a distraction for Azult to push him off.

Johnathan rolled away and picked himself up, before recovering his sword.
Howling a war cry, he threw himself at Azult once more, but the dragon, with more effort than before, seized him under the shoulder and threw him aside.
Johnathan crashed to the floor, his sword flying out of his hand and across the room, into a group of barrels.
Azult leaned against a wooden column and sighed, exhausted, no longer paying attention to Johnathan.

Johnathan staggered up, then, struck by inspiration of his own, dived for the chain on Azult's tail.
The dragon saw him move and roared with anger, but it was too late.
Johnathan seized the chain, then brought it up around Azult's neck and tugged once.
The dragon choked, bringing his paws to his throat, and that was all that Johnathan needed to tie the chain in a fiendish knot around the column before stepping back.

Azult's claws reached for the knot, but his arms couldn't bend back far enough to reach the chain. He was stuck.
Johnathan dusted himself off, ignoring Azult's smoldering glare, and walked with a new spring in his step over to the bartender.
"Pray tell, good fellow, who is the master of that terrible beast?" he asked.
The bartender replied "That terrible beast is Azult, and his master is me."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gem

DeletedUser13682

Johnathan looks at the bartender, and puts his katana away. "Sorry about that, sir. I was in, you know, one of those moods, I guess trying to get out some fight, terribly sorry." Johnathan sheepishly walks over to the chain, and unties it from the column, freeing Azult. He turns around, and faces the dragon. "Sorry about the mix up. I really don't know what got in me, but like I explained to the bartender, maybe I was just trying to get some fight out. Hope there aren't any hard feelings." Johnathan extends his right hand out, hoping that Azult will shake his hand.

DeletedUser14280

"Eh, don't worry about it. What's a little bondage between friends?"
Azult took Johnathan's hand and shook it.

"My name is Azult, as William told you. I'm actually an angel, so if you want someone to confess your sins to, I'm listening."

Silence.

"I was joking. Sorry, I'm not really here to entertain."
"What do you do?" Johnathan asked.
"I bounce."
"Sorry?"
"I bounce people out of the bar if they cause trouble. I'm really good at it, you haven't seen half of what I can do."

At this point, the bartender (William) interjected:
"Azult's got some neat tricks up his sleeves, or scales, whatever. He's strong enough to leap across the room, and I've seen him spit fireballs."
"Nice to know." Johnathan said, turning back to Azult. The dragon had a banana in his hand.
"Where did that...?"
"He has a little talent for telekinesis, too."

(From now on, Azult's speech color is blue. I colored the bartender's green to make it easier to understand who was talking.)

DeletedUser13682

Johnathan was starting to like this dragon, *cough* I mean angel, better by the second. He seemed like a good guy, well he was an angel, and he had telekinesis, which always came in handy. "That is a handy power. But, why did you come here in the first place? and take the form of a dragon? I mean, I can understand why you would, power, authority, stuff like that. But wouldn't you have even more power and authority as an angel?" Johnathan thought for another minute, and asked one more question, for now. "And do you drink? Like Jack Daniels, Stroh 80, nihonshu, alcohol."

DeletedUser14280

"I'm a dragon because when I was summoned, Eleanor gave me the form of a dragon. I guess she just liked dragons.
I was only tiny then, my job was to help with the paperwork."
"How'd you get bigger?"
"Ask Tarot, he's the one who did experiments on me."
"And about the drink?"
"No thanks, I prefer ordinary fruit juice."

DeletedUser13682

Johnathan sighed. "Sure. One fruit juice, ordinary, and one Stroh 80, leave the bottle." A minute later, Johnathan had his bottle, and Azult had his ordinary fruit juice. "So, how did you get here to this bar, how did a bar get underneath the church in the first place, and what exactly is going on here? Something strange is going on and I want to find out what it is."

DeletedUser14280

Azult turned to the bar.
"Hey, William, are you going to get around to explaining anytime soon?"

(Call for David Schofield, he's the one playing the bartender.
Come in, Schofield. Do you receive me?)

DeletedUser

"Nope." William said, with a stern look. He reached for a bottle of his own wine stock and began to drink. The wine tasted delicious. It was his own stil and he often refused to drink other mens forumlas of Whiskey, wine, and other drinks. Even milk he would refuse unless he milked the cow himself.

DeletedUser14280

Azult sighed. "I don't know why I put up with him."

"Okay, for starters Johnathan (that is your name, right?), this isn't under the church.
I don't know how you got mixed up, but this bar is the second biggest saloon in town, and it ain't underground.
Now, what you really need to know is, this town is at war.
There's two cults here, and they're perpertually battling with each other for the town."

"The Cult of Everto (yes, it shares the name of the town) was here first:
They're some kind of demon worshippers or whatever that are trying to take over the town and make it into a minature hell.
I'm not sure if that's true or not, because anyone who gets too close to the truth disappears.
The biggest secret we know is the name of the cult's leader: Virgil."
"As in...?"
"We don't know. It could be a given name, or it could really be him."

"And what about the Disciples?"
"I don't know much about them either.
As far as I know, there's one purpose for the Disciples, and that is to fight the Cult.
I suppose that makes them good guys, but I dunno..."
"Huh?"
"You've met with Duncan, right? You've seen some of his methods.
How can someone so destructive be a hero?"
Azult paused; neither of the two had any comment.
"I suppose that having the Disciples around is a good thing. Better than the alternative, at least."
"The Cult of Everto running wild through the streets?"
"Precisely."

"You're a wonderful audience, you know that?
Do you know I've been rehearsing that explanation for ages just waiting for a stranger to come into town?"
"And you delivered it so well! You could be an actor."
"I know!"

(I hope I'm not upstaging the rest of you. Am I?)

DeletedUser13682

(nah, Johnathan doesn't care. He makes swords, not poems)

After absorbing all the information in about the cults and battles, Johnathan was still confused. "So, there's been a shadow war going on here, for how long? My parents were here for a few years before I was, and they didn't know anything about it, at least that they told me. And how big is this shadow war? Like one on one combat, like earlier tonight, or like whole armies?"

DeletedUser14280

"Typically it's discreet murders and sabotage."
Johnathan waited, but Azult didn't have any more to say.

"What, nothing else to say?"
"Not really. As much as I end up doing it, I don't like to talk."

"So, whatcha going to do now?"

DeletedUser13682

Johnathan sighed. "Well, I don't really know. I guess go home, maybe start a katana, although it will take a month to finish, at least. Or maybe practice my sword or marksmanship skills. We always need practice in fighting. Maybe design a new rifle, something that can get a lot of bullets out at once, like Gatling's design, or maybe Maxim's, but lighter, and more powerful." Johnathan headed toward the door, and turned around. "So, can you change into anything? Even if you can't, you're welcome at my house anytime. It's way too big for me alone anyway, so you don't have to worry about space."

DeletedUser14280

Azult started to answer, when all the windows in the saloon burst open at once, letting a fell wind into the saloon.

Everyone there jumped to their feet as a small army of men cloaked in darkness swarmed into the bar.
The leader of them, a red skinned demon draped in human hides, stepped forward.
"Bring us the human, Duncan." he demanded in his rumbling voice.

"Are those the Cult?" Johnathan whispered to Azult.
"I would say so, yes." the dragon whispered back.
"This is your only chance, mortals! Bring us Duncan, and we will show you mercy in making you our slaves.
Stand against us, and we will drag you down to Hell to destroy you utterly!"

"I've never seen anything like this before...I think they're all demons."
"All of them?"
"Yeah, I don't know how the Cult summoned so many."
"And they all want Duncan..."
"If he doesn't show up, we could be in big trouble."

The leader of the demons watched the denizens of the bar whisper to each other, and growled.
"Cannot make a decision, animals? Then I'll make it for you."
He turned to his demonic squad; "Punish everyone in this bar. I want them alive to toy with later."
The demons howled with joy, and tore into the saloon.

(And no, these demons aren't all meant to be defeated. They're meant to chase everyone out of the bar, moving the story along, and provide antagonists to the story.)

DeletedUser13682

Johnathan looked around at the demons, and setting his gaze directly on the one that seemed like the leader. "Before you do that, I just want you to know that we have no idea where Duncan is. He killed some guy, led us here, and walked out. Now, if you excuse us, we shall be leaving." As Johnathan headed toward the door, a particularly big demon stepped in front of him. "Nope. You're staying here until we say you can leave." Johnathan sighed at the demon, and replied, "I said that we were going to leave, and we will. Now, if you want to keep your head on your neck, and your red red krovvy in your body, you'll let us pass. If not, then stay there and see what happens." The demon started laughing, and within the space of an eyeblink, its head was on the floor, smile still on it, blood flowing out of its neck, covering Johnathan. The other demons got really angry at this, and started attacking. "Let's go Azult!" Johnathan yelled at the dragon, cutting a path through the demons, making it out, only covered in three layers of blood.

DeletedUser14280

"You get out of here. I'll cover the leader." Azult's voice was unusually cold.

In the center of the bar, the demon leader was strangling one of the patrons.
With incredible speed for his size, Azult launched himself at the leader's back, and sank his jaws deep into his shoulder.
The leader roared with pain and threw the patron across the room, into a shelf of fine wines.
Then he turned to face Azult, who had come loose and was now standing up to match the demon's size.

"Ah...you must be Azult. I can't wait to bridle you and make you my steed.
Oh yes, Cogarl the Torturer and his loyal dragon slave! Won't that be fun?"
He has an obsession with slavery, Azult thought.
For a moment, neither of them moved. Then Cogarl's hand shot out and snatched at Azult.

Azult slapped the hand aside with his paw, and spat a fireball at Cogarl.
The fireball connected, and the demon recoiled from the impact, before he was tackled to the ground by Azult.
The dragon pushed him down firmly with both paws, and took a bite at Cogarl's face, raking scars across the demon's skin.
But before Azult could bite again, Cogarl's leg twisted around and kicked the dragon in the side, knocking him away.

The two of them got up, and studied each other for a second.
Azult had black blood on his fangs, from biting Cogarl, and was breathing slightly heavily after the demon kicked him.
Cogarl's hides were covered in burns and claw marks, and his face was covered in his own blood, although his injuries were already mending.

Cogarl crouched down and with a smile and a hiss, thrust his hand into the wooden floor.
Barbed tentacles erupted around Azult, and captured the dragon, suffocating him and holding him in place.
Azult pulled at the tentacles, but it did no good, until he bent around and bit at the one strangling him.
His jaws pierced right through the tentacle, causing it to bleed green goo, and with a shriek, the tentacles disappeared, leaving a bloodied, but not weakened dragon.

Azult gathered himself, and whipped his tail at the astonished Cogarl.
The chain on his tail flew through the air at deadly speed, cracking around Cogarl's hip and leaving a bloody mark.
Emboldened, Azult spat another fireball, but Cogarl evaded it, covering the distance between the two in a second, and seizing Azult by the throat.

"You fought well, my pet." Cogarl whispered to a choking Azult, "But your time is up. You will become my slave forever..."
I'm really getting sick of this idiot, Azult thought muzzily.
He eyed the ruined shelf of wines across the room, and smiled.
While the demon raised an eyebrow, a broken bottle whizzed across the room into Azult's grip.
Even as Cogarl figured out what was happening, Azult upturned the broken bottle, and drove the shards into the demon's arm.

Cogarl snarled, and dropped Azult, who immediately opened his mouth and lunged at a target which would disable even a demon.
The dragon's jaws clamped down, and tore away a gaping hole between Cogarl's legs, causing the demon to scream in pain and horror.
Azult pounced on top of Cogarl, forcing them both down, and spat one last fireball at point blank range; down the demon's throat.

The fireball went down Cogarl's throat and detonated inside his chest with a muffled explosion.
The demon's eyes opened wide and he tried to push Azult off him, but his strength was stolen away.
Not satisfied at what he'd managed, Azult snapped at the demon again and again, tearing off bits of hide and flesh, until Cogarl was naked and horribly mutilated.
With a grim satisfaction, Azult leapt through the window, leaving a humbled Cogarl to curse and cough up black blood.

It had started raining, and everyone else seemed gone.
All the patrons had fled the scene, and all the demons (except their leader, Cogarl) had chased after them.
Azult thought about what he'd done to win the battle.
"I'm not proud of what I did, but you can't deny it was effective." he said aloud, though there was no-one to hear him.

(At this point, I would like to nominate myself for the title of best roleplayer.)

DeletedUser

"You get out of here. I'll cover the leader." Azult's voice was unusually cold.

In the center of the bar, the demon leader was strangling one of the patrons.
With incredible speed for his size, Azult launched himself at the leader's back, and sank his jaws deep into his shoulder.
The leader roared with pain and threw the patron across the room, into a shelf of fine wines.
Then he turned to face Azult, who had come loose and was now standing up to match the demon's size.

"Ah...you must be Azult. I can't wait to bridle you and make you my steed.
Oh yes, Cogarl the Torturer and his loyal dragon slave! Won't that be fun?"
He has an obsession with slavery, Azult thought.
For a moment, neither of them moved. Then Cogarl's hand shot out and snatched at Azult.

Azult slapped the hand aside with his paw, and spat a fireball at Cogarl.
The fireball connected, and the demon recoiled from the impact, before he was tackled to the ground by Azult.
The dragon pushed him down firmly with both paws, and took a bite at Cogarl's face, raking scars across the demon's skin.
But before Azult could bite again, Cogarl's leg twisted around and kicked the dragon in the side, knocking him away.

The two of them got up, and studied each other for a second.
Azult had black blood on his fangs, from biting Cogarl, and was breathing slightly heavily after the demon kicked him.
Cogarl's hides were covered in burns and claw marks, and his face was covered in his own blood, although his injuries were already mending.

Cogarl crouched down and with a smile and a hiss, thrust his hand into the wooden floor.
Barbed tentacles erupted around Azult, and captured the dragon, suffocating him and holding him in place.
Azult pulled at the tentacles, but it did no good, until he bent around and bit at the one strangling him.
His jaws pierced right through the tentacle, causing it to bleed green goo, and with a shriek, the tentacles disappeared, leaving a bloodied, but not weakened dragon.

Azult gathered himself, and whipped his tail at the astonished Cogarl.
The chain on his tail flew through the air at deadly speed, cracking around Cogarl's hip and leaving a bloody mark.
Emboldened, Azult spat another fireball, but Cogarl evaded it, covering the distance between the two in a second, and seizing Azult by the throat.

"You fought well, my pet." Cogarl whispered to a choking Azult, "But your time is up. You will become my slave forever..."
I'm really getting sick of this idiot, Azult thought muzzily.
He eyed the ruined shelf of wines across the room, and smiled.
While the demon raised an eyebrow, a broken bottle whizzed across the room into Azult's grip.
Even as Cogarl figured out what was happening, Azult upturned the broken bottle, and drove the shards into the demon's arm.

Cogarl snarled, and dropped Azult, who immediately opened his mouth and lunged at a target which would disable even a demon.
The dragon's jaws clamped down, and tore away a gaping hole between Cogarl's legs, causing the demon to scream in pain and horror.
Azult pounced on top of Cogarl, forcing them both down, and spat one last fireball at point blank range; down the demon's throat.

The fireball went down Cogarl's throat and detonated inside his chest with a muffled explosion.
The demon's eyes opened wide and he tried to push Azult off him, but his strength was stolen away.
Not satisfied at what he'd managed, Azult snapped at the demon again and again, tearing off bits of hide and flesh, until Cogarl was naked and horribly mutilated.
With a grim satisfaction, Azult leapt through the window, leaving a humbled Cogarl to curse and cough up black blood.

It had started raining, and everyone else seemed gone.
All the patrons had fled the scene, and all the demons (except their leader, Cogarl) had chased after them.
Azult thought about what he'd done to win the battle.
"I'm not proud of what I did, but you can't deny it was effective." he said aloud, though there was no-one to hear him.

(At this point, I would like to nominate myself for the title of best roleplayer.)

I'd have to contradict...

DeletedUser13682

(you're not posting in We're Wolves anymore?)

Johnathan watched the battle between the chief demon and Azult in a comphy armchair across the street from the bar, drinking from a bottle of Stroh 80. About halfway into the battle, Johnathan walked into the store, and bought the armchair, planning to have it taken home tomorrow. He had a friendly chat with the shopkeeper, who didn't exactly see a demon/dragon battle going on across the street, but instead saw a few bar patrons getting a little too drunk. After the battle was over, Johnathan walked over to Azult, and applauded him. "That was a great battle. That one move there, that took a lot of, uh... a lot of balls." Johnathan coughed a little. "But anyway, great battle. Now what do we do?"

DeletedUser14280

(Not really, no. I'm waiting for other characters/Lord Regal to post.)
(Speaking of which, do you go on any other forums?)

Azult poked his face through the bar window, "Hey, Cogarl, what should we do now?"
Cogarl coughed, and glared at Azult and Johnathan,
"All *cough* my loyal demons will *wheeze* find you, dragon...bleh...save some time...and go to them, so they can, ha, punish you."

Azult turned back to Johnathan, "There we go, then. We can go find the rest of those demons, and squish them."
"I suppose that sounds like a plan."
"Off we go, then."

Azult turned and wandered off. Johnathan looked back at Cogarl, considered the matter, and drew his sword.
"No, Johnathan. Put that sword away."
"But aren't we going to finish him off?"
"No, I like him alive. He'll have a hell of a time (heh) explaining this one to whoever he works for."
Johnathan nodded slowly, and sheathed his sword again.

A few minutes later, they were walking down the street, keeping an eye out, when Azult spoke again:
"By the way, I noticed something..."
"What?"
"Your sword. Demons have really tough skin, bolstered by magic, but you were managing to carve them up like, like...I dunno, lilypads. How?"