Disciples of Dante : Western-Literature-Demonic RPG

DeletedUser13682

Johnathan shrugged. "Sure, whatever you need. Just tell me what to do, and I'll do it." Johnathan drew his katana, after a particularly violent shake from the thing. "I just don't believe we have much time. This thing will shake us off in a few moments if we don't hurry up and kill it."

DeletedUser14280

(So, let me get this straight... You two, an archangel and a human with a maybe magic sword, are riding on top of a giant flying tentacular worm demon that's carrying several more demons and a dragon inside it.)
(Time to step it up another notch.)

Inside Targus, the demons were lying back and relaxing on the worm's soft inside walls.
Cogarl was slowly pacing a path around Azult, who was tightly wrapped up in thorns protruding from what passed for the ground.

One of the other demons watched him pace and asked "Something wrong, cougar?".
Cogarl stopped, and looked at the one who spoke.
"There could be. I want this dragon as my steed, but he's a bit small right now."
"Oh, don't worry. We still have Tarot, remember?"
Azult's eyes opened wide at the mention of his former master's name.
"Mruf?" he asked, through a thorn wrapped around his muzzle.
"Oh yes, we still have him." Cogarl said, turning back to the dragon. "I'm sure that he can make you large enough for me to ride on."

The place rumbled suddenly, and a few seconds later, Targus's voice sounded in their heads.
We have a problem, boys. That human and his feathery friend have managed to jump on my back.
Azult started to mumble something, but gave it up after a few syllables.
"Want that we come topside and teach them a thing or two, Targus?"
I can't say I disapprove of such an action.
"Alright then, pull us up."

Thorns sprouted from the ceiling and snatched up all but one of the demons, then retracted and disappeared into the ceiling, taking the demons with them.

On top of the worm:
"Duck!"
Johnathan and Zachariah ducked, as a giant tentacle whipped over their heads.
"That was a bit close."
Suddenly, the skin in front of them ripped apart, and half a dozen demons, lead by Cogarl the Torturer, appeared out of it, borne on thorns waving through the air.
"Tentacles, more tentacles, a giant flying worm..." Cogarl said merrily,
"And now a bunch of demons intent on ripping your heart out. Do you suppose other angels have days like this?"
He raised his gun and sword, and swung forward on his thorn.

I do think that I will recap.

On page 1: Introduction, guy goes into a church, fight nearly erupts in church.
On page 2: Fight does erupt in church, bad guy disintegrated, secret passage revealed, leads to a bar.
On page 3: Spontaneous dragon fight, dragon reveals his preference for fruit juice, we link to exposition.com.
On page 4: Leaving exposition.com, spontaneous bad guy, good guy kicks butt, dragon practises surgery. L33t guys go looking for more baddies.
On page 5: Back to exposition.com, bad guy comes back, godmoder doesn't godmode, mild conversation combined with tentacle monster.
On page 6: Guns don't quite happen, violence, awesome cutscene where flying tentacle worm boss appears, good guys start boss level.
On page 7: Round 1, demons, tentacles, high altitude...FIGHT!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"No, none of my fellow angels have to deal with scum like you." Zachariah growled moving his left foot back slightly he held his defensive stance with his sword pressed to his leg as he glanced up at the foul out casts above him and the human standing to his left as he growled again.

"The only reson you're here with this lot is because you know that if i found you alone i'd render you and slice you up!" Zach barked as the deamon growled and replied.

"I'd like to see you try!"

"Bring it..." Zach teased as his eyes glinted up and he sharply replied. "Go ahead!"

DeletedUser14280

Cogarl raised his shotgun and fired, but Zachariah had already cloaked himself in his wings, and the bullets harmlessly lodged in his feathers.
"Is that all you've got? Come on, you can do better!" Zach taunted.
The taunt had the intended effect; Cogarl tossed his gun aside and dashed towards Zachariah with his sword.

Across the sky, the clash of swords rang.
Zachariah blocked and parried Cogarl's many attacks, while Johnathan watched the archangel's back,
slashing through the many tentacles that were trying to sweep the two off Targus.
At a distance, the remaining demons were taking careful aim at Johnathan and Zachariah.

"You're proving quite difficult to hit, angel." Cogarl growled as they fought.
"It's because you're weak." Zachariah replied.
Cogarl just sneered, and suddenly, swung his sword faster than the eye could see.
Zachariah stepped back quickly, but the sword still cut across his chest and left a dark red line of blood.
The archangel glared at Cogarl, "Oh, yeah, brilliant, but I'm not falling for that again!"

Behind Zachariah, Johnathan cut and slashed his way through an endless wave of tentacles, when he spied a demon in front of him about to fire.
I can't hit him with my sword... he thought hopelessly.
Another tentacle came up to meet him, and as he sliced it away, a spike on it fell to the ground.
Johnathan stared for a split second, then seized the spike, tossing it up into the air.
With a cry of "FORE!", he swung the flat of his katana into the spike, sending it flying right into the demon's eye.
As the demon screamed and fumbled his gun, Johnathan went back to guarding Zachariah's back, with renewed determination.

Inside Targus, the sole remaining demon guarding Azult paced and sighed.
"Oh man, I wish I was up there. I want to be there when our cougar cuts out the hearts of your friends."
Azult couldn't speak, but his growls were clearly audible.
"You know, Cogarl's been waiting for a steed for ages. Do you know, he flogged his last one to death because it wouldn't lick his feet clean?"
The growls grew louder.
"I bet you can't wait to lick his feet, huh? Want to practise on mine?"
"Mno. Uf off." Azult muttered angrily.

"Don't be rude, little dragon, or else you'll be begging for me to stop shoving my-."
VRRIP!
The demon looked around just in time to see Azult tearing the thorns around him to pieces.
"Oh, shoot..." he whimpered, right before the dragon reached him and viciously slammed him into the floor.
"Begging for you to shoving your what? Your head into my jaws? Oh for the love of God, stop putting your crunchy skull in my mouth." Azult said sarcastically.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

Johnathan was starting to get very annoyed with slashing away tentacle after tentacle after tentacle. "Hey Zachariah, how many more tentacles does this thing have? I'm starting to get very annoyed." Just then, out of the thing's mouth, popped Azult, little tufts of hair blowing out of its mouth. "Hey Azult, what kept you? Mind helping me with these tentacles?"

DeletedUser

Zach jumped back as he strianed his arms managing to grab onto a nearby tentacle as he lunged forward plunging his sword into the deamons chest that had flng him out of the way and was after Johnathan. "Shut up and focus!" He shouted growling as he tossed his body to the side toying with the horde that were now after him.

"We have Azult not get out of here!" He yelled lurching back as he grabbed John and swung down under the worm and his wings opened as he fluttered in the wind waiting for ythe dragon.

DeletedUser13682

"It's called multitasking. You'd think an angel would know about that. Oh well." Johnathan slashed and hacked in silence, until of course, Zachariah decided to bugger out, and hover over the thing, just watching the fight go on below. "Great. Some angel you are!" Johnathan yelled at, well, you know who. Suddenly, he was the one facing Cogarl, a simple human, who would probably die before he was 60 anyways, facing against a thing with extraordinary powers. Of course, the odds weren't in Johnathan's favor, but, that didn't stop him from attacking the demon. Even so, it would be good to have some help. "Hey Azult? Mind helping out an old pal?"

DeletedUser14280

(Um, Johann? I read through Coram's post carefully, I think that the archangel picked Johnathan up.)

Cogarl whipped around to see Azult bearing down on him.
"Oh, damn it. How did you get loose?" Cogarl asked.
Azult said nothing, but continued to advance.
"And how did you grow so big? That was helpful of you."
Azult had indeed grown bigger; he was now the size of an elephant.
"Really, you've saved me a lot of trouble. Now I can-"

WHAM!

Cogarl was sent flying, off Targus and out of sight.
Azult put his paw slowly down, and...yawned.
Then he jumped off the worm and flew down to cruise with Zachariah and Johnathan.

"So, can we go home now? I've had enough excitement for one day." Azult yawned.
"Really? You look like you've just gotten started." Johnathan replied.
"Oh, this new size is temporary. I'll be back to normal by tomorrow." said Azult.
"That's a pity. I've always wanted to ride a dragon." Johnathan said jokingly.
"Huh, like Cogarl." Azult sniffed. "Did Targus catch him?"
"Yeah. With one of his tentacles." Zachariah answered.
"That's good. I'm looking forward to beating him up again."
"You sure you're an angel?" Johnathan queried.
"I've had bad influences."