Count to 00,000

DeletedUser31931

and what does that have to do with social media?

(That's also why I mentioned BAE, I'm pretty certain they designed it or they now own the rights).

Apelatia

This is far from what it used to be... Before I turned up, and even before Zem came along, it was a lot more active heh... Johann will likely remember those days best...or Tiger.

DeletedUser

I dunno about golden days. More active throughout the forum? Yes, I definitely remember that. Though I would say that the quality of material in the campfire has only grown, despite the loss of activity. But I guess that's just forum members getting older. I first came to the forum in 2009, when the West game itself was booming, and then started coming regularly at the end of that year. Over time I think that the game and the forum has drifted apart, and the game isn't nearly as popular as it was four or five years ago, so there are less newcomers. Many people got bored with the game/forum or had to leave for RL reasons. Elymr, Hellstromm, JR, English Bill, MoW, Peril etc. Me, Regal and Johann are the only forum members left from back then (not counting the devs/game forum moderators like Slygoxx or Da Twista).

One one hand, it's sad how so many great people have left. OT was much more livelier a few years ago. However I still think its incredible that a core group of us are dedicated to staying here (for now at least) and being as active as we can.

I think it is a stretch to call them 'good old days' or something like that. There was a lot of flaming and spamming and people generally being idiots to each other. And even though they were very funny at times, I certainly don't miss the endless stream of moral/political/social/theological/'scientific' debates that raged around in circles.

So yeah. They were certainly more active, though I would hesitate to say they were golden days.

and what does that have to do with social media?

(That's also why I mentioned BAE, I'm pretty certain they designed it or they now own the rights).

... I didn't say BAE. I said bae.... I take it you don't know of the expression, and therefore don't get the joke. Never mind...

DeletedUser35120

That certainly gave me an idea of how the forum was back then, very interesting I must say. Wish I were here at that time.

DeletedUser36559

I only started a few months ago I wish I was back there in the good ol days.

Apelatia

That was well-written Tiger. I have heard a lot from Regal about times past, but that was also a good summary heh...

DeletedUser28032

I caught the tale end of the "Golden Age" and yeah there were more people here and the threads were more active. You had the likes of Alawa, Peril and David Schofield who wrote really good stuff on the CS section and produced some very good RP's but on the other hand like Tiger said there was also a lot of dross...not to mention the dreaded "Wekek"

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

I'll be honest, it was a while ago, half a decade, so that time way back when isn't all to clear in my head anymore. I do remember that it was fun, there definitely was much more activity. I think some of my favourite times from back then, that I can remember, were from those RPs where we started putting more detail into everything. Those one or two sentence posts were fading away, and you started getting a clearer picture of everything that was going on. Now paragraphs are the norm, not because of any written rule, but because we all have decided to give our characters much more detail than we did in the past.

DeletedUser31931

Lots of various people, I turned up sort of on the end of the tail end, Alawa and David and a few others quit whilst I was around and I was still here during the wekeking. I only used to wekek as a joke and mine would always be green. I think the only people I've ever red-repped were Master Groove and TUG and the brown tie, (and maybe a few others as a joke).