Considering Retirement

DeletedUser

I like The West because it is less intensive. Also less competetive to. No big town yet able to knock you down before you can stand up. Though I like the duels. Being beat and beating also, you can find some good opponets.

Also, I don't see how people with onbly 1 stat can play the game and still play it enjoying it. Sure they may be able to hunt bears (trapping) but they miss out on many more jobs. Though I guess its thier choice ... od though that about the only ones that do complain are the laborers who have only done construction.

Though its thier choice, whether they regret or like it. As for the topic starter, quit the game then. If its reached its point, then just quit it, or if you think it has hope, log in every 3 weeks or so. I don't understand why people tell people they are quitting. Almost as if they want attention and pity.

DeletedUser

I I don't see how people with onbly 1 stat can play the game and still play it enjoying it. Sure they may be able to hunt bears (trapping) but they miss out on many more jobs. Though I guess its thier choice ... od though that about the only ones that do complain are the laborers who have only done construction.

This play style seems ludicrous to me, sure have a primary attribute and skill, but at the expense of everything else.... no-wonder people are getting bored... Variety is good, Questing, duelling and working all make for a nice mix... and don't forget the occasional nice find.... :D

DeletedUser

The point here is that once you reach level 30-ish, you'll start doing the same jobs over and over again; you also start dueling the same guys over and over again for steady XP-gain; you, too, will be farmed for XP (which is really but a passing inconvenience if you use the bank); quests become rare (as you reach a new level more and more rarely), and you either get the required stuff very easily, or you lack 867654 job points to get them. If you're into a decent town with all shops maxed out and ****, then you'll have good gear, so the incentive of getting better stuff is also kind of lost. It can get really boring; not because if the relatively slow pace (which I like), but rather because the already slow pac eslows into a halt and nothing new really happens.

(Personally, I'd like a more dynamic job system. Seasonal stuff (like, gold rushes and harvest seasons) which would make you want to catch the opportunity &c; teamwork in jobs; job products that are actually useful; jobs needing specific equipment; and, well, actually I'd like to see the work finished once in a while. I mean, we're building that exact same bridge forever & we never finish? Jobs moving around randomly would spice things up a bit. I think. And some incentive to find new dueling opponents, or, generally, to move around at all instead of sitting on our asses, would be awesome.)

DeletedUser

@ Whistlingleaf

I have a town on w1 and w2, but am taking a break from both of them, having put in the major amount of money on w1 and many building hours on w2.

In w3 and w5 i have towns in both.

I spend alot of time modding both on these forums and in game, to sort out problems for you, which for me is a big part of why im here to sort out problems for you so that you can have a more enjoyable experience.

DeletedUser

Yes it needs something.

Once you get to level 20 it loses all of it's appeal. It is so damn annoying that it has so much potential and yet it is not being developed how it should.

Is there anyone here from the very beginning of tribal wars? Was it the same over there?
Tribal Wars just destroys itself pointlessly.

Starts with a world closed, then tribes are duking it out until there is one tribe left, from there I guess the tribe disbands and its all 1for1 and last man standing = winner of the world, then it restarts.
I'm pretty sure how that works.
Meh...I quit when it came down to the last 34 tribes on the world I was in.

DeletedUser

Intensity is fine with mee too. I just want to remind that there are planed changes:
Planned changes

We still have quite a few changes planned for The West, we can't give you the exact publication date though. You might find information about the changes in the forum.

• The sheriff will be available in the town.
  • In duels there will be special abilities.
  • There will be shootouts between the towns. In those all players from the two towns fight against each other.
  • There will be special quest sequences for each character class.
  • Trade
In 3 months i've been playing i see none of these changes implemented. Why? I thought that it was a priority when i've started playing.

DeletedUser

@Bowie - Sounds like someone is getting tired of being farmed by auxo !

Actually, mate, I just got tired of kicking your face in every 4th day. No longer fun. You can come out of your hotel now. It's safe. I'm taking a sabbatical. ;)

DeletedUser

I have no interest in bashing the Dev team. This game was buggy & slowly seems to be running more smoothly. That's a tall job.

The changes I'm aware of seem minor extensions of the current game. Shootouts seem to be little more than mass-duels.

We need something to turn the game on its head. Put in some real consequences. In TW, if you lose, you start over.

It seems like the game is simply designed as a farming/leveling game. PVP is designed to be a part of the game, but not its central focus, and not with any significant gains/losses for either party. Perhaps there's an audiance for that, but not with me.

I am a powergamer and only want to match my skill & account against others, and join teams of like minded folks.

DeletedUser

The sheriff will be available in the town.
  • There will be special quest sequences for each character class.
this was my idea but i dont know if i made them but it i or if they had it in mind as there was no comment from a dev or whatever but oh well a story to tell the grankids

DeletedUser

There is a lot of sense talked here.
In my opinion there are ideas already out there capable of making this game interesting.
Restricted resources, bounties/jail, poker, auctions and a number of others. The real problem is that the developers are out to lunch.

DeletedUser

The problem could just be that the suggestions you mentioned don't fit with their idea of where they want the game to be going. I don't think anyone will ever come up with a game that's right for everybody, but I think they've tried to satisfy both the barbarians and the pacifists as much as possible.

There are a lot of people here who want to see this game become more like Tribal Wars, but I think there are just as many who came here from there because we didn't like a lot of the things others want added here.

DeletedUser

They need to update the game. Maybe even add more classes and things. Quests and dueling isnt working either for me. Maybe they should have had it be an MMO or something. I stay on for the reason of the forum. I still play sure but the forum is more fun. More rp and stuff. Well I threw my 2 cents in.

DeletedUser

You guys probably got it. Their cusomer base is largely from TW. TW is a powergamer's game. It's all about PVP. The winner gets villages & the loser starts over. The consequences don't get any taller than that.

This is simply a care-bear game with very little to offer the powergamer. That's the way it's designed & that's probably the way it will remain.

What we're seeing are players demanding more from this game from what it was designed to offer.

DeletedUser

i think there should be conaiquences for dying but not starting over! maybe having to start youre level again

that would be killer later on when you almost level up

DeletedUser

i know ulthor i wish that we had more of an input and that if they wanted this game to be successful they wud get off their bums and dos something about the game and listen to our good ideas

DeletedUser

i know ulthor i wish that we had more of an input and that if they wanted this game to be successful they wud get off their bums and dos something about the game and listen to our good ideas

I don't know about you, but I have seen some terrible idea's on these forums and some should never be implemented.... such as your's starting a level all over when you die.... there already is a consequence for dying; you lose All of the cash you have in hand.... and if you have done 8 hours on a silver mining for example ... that is a lot of money to lose... oh did I forget your energy goes down to zero and so does your health....

DeletedUser

well i havnt been knocked out yet touch wood
but yes that is a form of consiquence but compared to starting all over again on t wars its nothing really except the money.
Also yes some ideas are bad if not most of them but everyone thinks that theres is good enough and it may just be that so that is why that part in the forum is there but like ulthor things that are good ideas such as the auction house havnt been added yet.

DeletedUser5046

the auction house you are talkin about is just the same as the poker house..now they are alive..tomorrow theyre dead

DeletedUser

well they should be put in the game and all the gane has to do really i moniter who is trading and if it sees people keep trading between 2 people then it cans top them from doing so

DeletedUser

That is an unrealistic request. There are thousands of players in each world, which would translate to thousands of trades each day, per world. Its insane to expect the mods or devs to remember all the different trades made, especially over the span of a few days.