Considering Retirement

DeletedUser

I'm thinking about quitting this game. Frankly, I see no point in this. I'm usually a top-10 duelist. I do nothing more than bash the same people over & over again, and occasionally get duelied I'm caught awake.

This is a leveling game with no objectives or challenges. I see nothing to work towards. Quests, better items, a bigger gun...that doesn't do it for me.

Is there anything they plan to add to the game to really shake it up? I'd like to stay. I like the game mechanics. I buy gold coins. But not if the game is going to be like this.

We need a world with more consequences, teamwork and goals.

Does anybody know of anything on the horizon?

DeletedUser

Nope...

if you are quitting could I please have your account for a friend who would like to play on world 1 but registered too late?

Thanks,
Slayer46

DeletedUser

I'm caught in your position too Bowie. Love the potential of the game, hate that they aren't doing it.

DeletedUser

I'm hanging out waiting for the town shoot outs mentioned in the planned updates to come online. Hopefully that will add some bite to the game ...if not I won't be here long either.

DeletedUser1105

Yes it needs something.

Once you get to level 20 it loses all of it's appeal. It is so damn annoying that it has so much potential and yet it is not being developed how it should.

Is there anyone here from the very beginning of tribal wars? Was it the same over there?

DeletedUser

I was on W4 and didn't have many complaints about the game in general, mainly flaming opponents to do with actual in-game stuff. Obviously there were [and still are] things to be fixed. Certainly never said the premium was overpriced.
The general attitude of the devs to this game is that there is no attitude. They let it out like a silent fart and have let it quietly drift downwind.
At the end of the day i don't really care cos i got cod for xmas which, in entertainment terms, pisses on this game from a very great height.
It's a real shame that something as potentially intellectually stimulating as this game is withering on the vine. hopefully some farsighted English-speaking developer will buy or borrow the idea and do something worthwhile with it.

DeletedUser

@Bowie - Sounds like someone is getting tired of being farmed by auxo !

Ok seriously - the real problem is the game doesn't foster a sense of community or player interaction.

This isn't Tribal Wars where people have to cooridinate attacks and defenses and lots of people get to be involved on different projects at the same time, and unfortunately it doesn't appear the developers have figured out this is a major flaw in The West.

People don't have a reason to mail each other in-game or post on the forums, and really develop relationships.

I find it difficult to believe the staff here can empathise with the average player when only one of them is even in a town (Tyr). The rest Tracey, Gem, Morthy all seem to be happy town less and doing Hunting Grizzly Bears for 78% XP.

If we'd been allowed to discuss the v1.14 job changes I would have brought the point up that the average player doesn't have 100+ setting traps have a plethora of high difficutly jobs to choose from ... and the average person gets stuck around L 30 doing the same jobs for 10+ levels and then they quit. Raising some of the high difficulty jobs double skill jobs didn't effect the one skill monkeys or slow down the leveling rate ... they needed to remove the double skill jobs to slow down the XP rate.

The game needs ALOT more quests so the average player won't be at such a huge disadvantage to the one skill monkeys when it comes to XP rate. The average player does all the quests and the average one skill monkey (which is not the average player) doesn't do quests cause um for the most part they can't ...

^^^Sadly we were prevented by the Community Manager from discussing the v1.14 job changes so nobody who makes decisions ever heard my view points which I think would have made the game better for the average player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The west certainly does not have quite the same sense of community spirit... Over on Tribal wars.... we get to work with other players, like a multilayer games should be played.... half the time when you duel another player... there is little or no difference between them and a NPC...
An occasional threat/hate mail in context of the game would be nice.... like duel me again and I will steal your house or burn your town down... some random events might me nice as well.... for instance in winter a lake might freeze and thus prevent you from doing some jobs... such as rafting wood...

DeletedUser

There should be more involvement between towns. That's the thing that makes Tribalwars interesting - bunch of friendly players in tribe looking to win. But in here it's every man for himself. No one doesn't give a damn whats happening.

DeletedUser

@ Whistlingleaf
Morthy and I are in a town already. We're taking a break.

On w4 I am a founder of a town which I am enjoying, so please do not use that argument as it really does not cut it.

It is Christmas at the moment. The developers are on holiday. They have a lot to fix, and to develop - things you probably don't notice.
You can't have a game up for a couple of months and expect it to compete with games that have been open for years being refined.
Honestly, I am going to stick with the game not only because I am a mod, but because I am very into this and enjoying playing it. Plus, we know a few of the things that are coming which sound rather exciting.

DeletedUser

Honestly, I am going to stick with the game not only because I am a mod, but because I am very into this and enjoying playing it. Plus, we know a few of the things that are coming which sound rather exciting.

So when is the civil war coming...? that should bring people out of retirement to defend their townsfolk :D

DeletedUser

It would be nice you would care to share some of the updates that are coming whit us.

DeletedUser

@ Whistlingleaf
Morthy and I are in a town already. We're taking a break.

You might belong to a town on W-1 but none of you have been in the town in weeks ...

90-95% of average active players belong to towns on a full time basis, and there are maybe 50 people per world who have 100+ Setting Traps skill and able to do 70% XP jobs ... And yet sadly you guys are the voice of the average gamer.

You guys seem to be completely missing the plight of the average gamer ... when the game is actually a ghost town maybe you guys will start to get the point.

This isn't Tribal Wars where you can throw 30 worlds at a community in 2+ years and people will continue world hop to the latest world and pay 5$/month for premium to keep the servers up and running ... people quit this game and don't come back.

I know you guys think I'm constantly being combative towards the staff but I feel you guys are doing a horrific job at running these forums and do not seem to be representing the views of our community to the powers that be.

Inno games is a software company - in the history of the internet can you or anyone find another software company that prohibited discussion of updates from the customers ?

DeletedUser

yeah the attitude to players is below zero.
especialy with those funny prohibitions:
"dont you dare to discus our work, because there might come out some incompetence of our insincere work, and we dont want that, because all such games are made for sucking your money, so shish and dont discus this either"

DeletedUser

It would be nice you would care to share some of the updates that are coming whit us.

As I said I know what you guys know. I wait for the announcements too. I only see it perhaps a few days in advance and even then I have to wait for the announcement :eek:

@whislingleaf
To be honest, the only thing I am trying to do is 1. do what I am told and 2. try and make these forums a nice place. Flaming this near xmas shouldn't be allowed ;)

DeletedUser

There are two things that will make this game much better.

1: Trading

2: Town Shoot Outs

Then there are tons of things that SHOULD be happening, but for some reason they're not. I constantly remark to my friend, you know, if we were able to add things into this game, it would be ridiculously cool with new things coming out all the time.

How hard could it possibly be to program a quest into the game, put in new items, new store levels. new stores. new types of towns. new character classes. new skills. new jobs for those skills.

It can't be that hard just to rehash old code!

It seems to me like there's either 2 guys locked in a room somewhere with their hearts not really into this game, or the developers are simply lazy. They're working on bug fixes when they really should be constantly upkeeping the game. If there were 10 new quests a day, which doesn't seem like it would be that complex, this game would be way more interesting.

DeletedUser

Ok seriously - the real problem is the game doesn't foster a sense of community or player interaction.

Whilst I agree with Whistlingleaf 100% on the above, that this game will be so much better if more interactive options between players are implemented, I tend not to "complain" about the "slow pace" of this game.

I quit Tribal Wars at the same time as 2 of my closest tribe mates. We had about 500 villages between the 3 of us and millions of points. The reason why we quit? Twars took up too much of our time, too much of our lives, especially if you wanted to reach the top and stay right there.

The West was a refreshing change. Less potential for ingame politics (yeah there are some in town but much less than tribe-based ones), and essentially if you don't choose to be a dueler, you can essentially set your character on jobs and leave it. Not too bad at all :)

No need for waking up late nights to send nukes, prenoble, send noble train, snipe, you get the picture.

So I would say Innogames might have made this deliberate.

Intensive, life consuming game = Tribal Wars

Less intensive, somewhat relaxed game = The West

Perhaps for those who are bored, you might want to consider playing The West concurrently with other games and look at this from a different perspective? ;)