Conquer: An image game

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
This is my highly experimental, image and turn based game (I was bored), the mechanics might still need some tweaking. If it's successful I'll let different players battle on different areas of the world map and eventually the winners can battle for world domination. 'If' it works.

4lm1zb.png

Instructions:
- Each player has a base and starts off with 3 characters (there's cowboys on the map). The base will be a slightly darker colour and can not be abandoned.
- Player turn order is fixed.
- The battle phase occurs after all players have taken their turn in the movement phase.

Moving:
- In the movement phase you can move troops between sectors you already own and capture new sectors.
- Troops can be moved to any section that touches the one they are currently in. If the sector is empty they take ownership and the sector is changed to the team colour (the same as the colour sliver under the character).
- If all troops are moved out of a sector the sector is abandoned and returns to white, this can't happen to a base sector.
- If a sector is already occupied it goes to battle (draw an arrow to the sector with the number you want to move)

Respawning:
- A sector that is moved into or out of by the owning player gains 1 character per round.
- A sector that isn't will gain 2 characters instead.

Battle:
- If someone attempts to move into a sector that is occupied it goes to battle.
- In battles the majority wins the sector.
- The charter respawning in or being moved too the sector being moved from are not added to the moving force, once you've told an amount of troops to move it's fixed.
- Respawns to the defending sector are included in battle.
- Casualties are the amount on the losing sides minus 1 (so if 7 attack 5, the attackers win the sector with 3 remaining).

Participle:
- Max. of 5 players
- Don't abuse the map (don't alter size or quality, nuke it or colour outside of the lines - If you can't fit your characters in the sector shirk them accordingly.)
- Usually take your turn within 24 hours.

Anybody want to try this with me?

I've got Indians too if you don't like cowboys.

-----------------

* Nashy19 (Green)
* KILLTHEHIPPIE (Purple)
* Johannmaximus (Red)
* Desi Boukerse

Yellow and Blue left.

Last edited:

DeletedUser13682

Sure, though can I make my character anybody, or is this West Specific?

DeletedUser

This doesn't look very strategic, but regardless, I call purple!

EDIT: I won!
9b2e5c99922c5d1024b54f64c154c206.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

I'll take red, but I was thinking of some other unit, like a Fallschirmjäger unit.

DeletedUser

If johann gets Fallshirmjägers, I request KTO Rosomaks, please.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Ok this game stays western, if we have another one we'll invent a load of WW2 style units, stereotypical soldiers, tanks and stuff :D

2q0lfeo.png

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Should we start?

Turns:
#1 Green move
#2 Purple move
#3 Red move
#4 Yellow move
#5 Battle and Respawn (I'll do that for now)

Desi: Ok with yellow?

DeletedUser1121

yeah, what the heck.

glad i am only fourth to move..
so i can see a bit what you mean :)

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
#1 Green move

First move (yay)

e9w30k.jpg

Last things, don't draw arrows over the state borders and remember not to abandon your base. :p

DeletedUser

Hmm... is this when I ought to arrive as a menace from the east? :p

DeletedUser

Here's my move, done without photoshop for that truly amateur look:
96a36e01bdee5a72bae26ea4e1148f09.jpg

DeletedUser

Well, I don't even have paint (yes, macbooks really suck that hard). I use fotoflexer, which sucks but it's the best I have.