Church burning and/or sacking

DeletedUser33353

Tracker John is correct on all points....though he omits the fact, that the church was the central gathering point for the western towns. This is where u met folks, traded, married, etc.
Let the way it is continue, it really does no harm.

DeletedUser

Well I did state that it was the main focal point (same as gathering point) but I didn't go into all the details of why (meeting, trading, marriages, etc.)

DeletedUser

Most people don't build churches to get the #1 town ranking. They do it for the ominous amounts of XP received for the job of building it. You want to kill the monster, kill the hands that feed it. Reduce the XP recieved from church building to about one third of current levels, putting it on the same level as good, but not great jobs. You will see a lot less interest in building, and therefore less mega churches. With much-reduced building rewards, any town with a mega church would then be worthy of a high ranking because it means a lot of communal effort and sacrifice went into it.

DeletedUser

Most people don't build churches to get the #1 town ranking. They do it for the ominous amounts of XP received for the job of building it.

w16, yes. w15, maybe but probably not. On every other world it's mostly for town ranking.

DeletedUser34982

Idk if its just me but i like this... things like this did happen in the west... and its not like people are getting money for it... they are just making it so that people cannot just build and build the church and become rank 1 w/ no risk of losing that spot

DeletedUser

things like this did happen in the west

Exactly which western had two towns competing to build the biggest church? Or a RL example? That sounds more like 13th century Italy than the Old West.

DeletedUser22493

Exactly which western had two towns competing to build the biggest church? Or a RL example? That sounds more like 13th century Italy than the Old West.
"..Meanwhile, somewhere in Alabama.."

DeletedUser34982

I think this would actually help towns that build church for xp because there is towns like Almeria in Dakota that is like lvl 100 and hardly anyone can build it except people lvl 80+ because it would make churches recyclable... people use it to get to lvl 70+ and then it gets burned or sacked to get back to a level that can be built by lower levels and still be decent xp(lvl 10+ church is somewhat decent xp for people high enough to build it)

EDIT: I also think that only a church above like level 50 should be able to be sacked or burned as it would be stupid to get a level 20 church and just have it put down to level 10 every week. If there is no level cap I think that there should be a short(1-2 weeks) grace period between the time your church could get sacked, because people want to get xp in some worlds. I say level 50 because and level 50 church brings decent town points.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24514

Religion has its own rewards

I am somewhat familiar with the whole church building thing.

Getting a church level really high and up really "fast" is NOT a one person en-devour. It takes a dedicated group of people to organize and support the builder(s) with supplies and cash. It is like a 3 month fort battle. I see the effort as one of the most group oriented activities in the game.

I encourage the the atheists (lol) out there to first give it a try before trying to knock it down (literally).

For people not into attacking other players for their cash (dueling), don't have blocks of time for fort battles, and don't like following quest/craft recipes (chores), church building provides an enjoyable gaming experience involving a group of people engaged in a common goal. It is about is "INNO" as it gets.

Re-reading many of the posts above, I don't see many creative solutions. I see more a request to prevent OTHER people from receiving xp, or something they don't have or cannot organize. Let's focus on enriching the game - not searching out places where other players are cooperating and doing well and trying to snuff out their game.

Last edited by a moderator: