Church burning and/or sacking

DeletedUser16008

Proposal
Allow Churches to be burnt to the ground by either paying a fee per level burned from the antagonists own town treasury to equal that of building and/or allow sacking a church entirely for a huge town fee back to say level 10

Current Workaround
None, currently churches have ridiculous unlimited building.

Details
Currently churches are all a town needs to do to end up top rank on a world, this is obviously ridiculous and unfair to the other towns who actually do something that requires any effort.

Abuse Prevention
None noted at this point.

Summary
Levels the playing field for unlimited church building, all other points gained such as forts or dueling can be turned negative, churches cannot and reflect unfairly a towns rank by effort put in.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

DeletedUser22493

First off, lets just agree that ranks matter. If not, we wouldn't have had this idea suggested as much as we have.

I don't find getting points by building the church ridiculous. The builders can finally put their skills to something "useful", like getting their towns up the ranks.
So I think your idea of "sacking" the church for squat and nothing (money) is a far to radical idea. Would be unfair to waste such a huge amount of work. Money is abundant, and no price will be too high to see the enemy town rank drop.

I do however "agree" with you that the town building points are very OP compared to the other factors used to get the town up the ranks.
So id much rather just see a simple fix, like radically lowering the amount of points rewarded by building the church.
Or raise the other factors like owning forts, dueling, and town member experience up to a competitive level.

DeletedUser16008

Well there is the matter that both fort points and Dueling points can go up as well as down, not the same with church. hence the suggestion of burning it down.

No one complains when a fort that is built by a town with much effort is lost to a HP top heavy group or a towns dueling ratio gets turned negative by having a war with another town... why should limitless church building where it costs virtually nothing, interacts with no one and have no risk at all involved be able to attain top slot ? is this game really so farmville now. ?

Ive just had this convo with a town of 6 who are top on brisco after just a few months church building and nothing else.

DeletedUser563

and dueling points is fair? no one would burn churches down just like no one would burn down a mosque.

frankly i am always quite amused with all the hell players and devil this and satan that. but i am not in the mood for the religious debate victor wanted to raise like my old sunday school teacher said "well if he dont exist what really have you lost by believing in him? " and i really dont like heat so would rather place my bets on the air conditioned alternative :D :p:p:p if this is really a serious idea is has as much a chance of succeeding as a snowball in hell so im not gonna waste an ounce of energy in explaining what's wrong with it. to tie it in with what is said there is no advantage to innogames as they clearly would not allow or implement an idea that is disrespectful to a certain religious affiliation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol. There is something strangely compelling about the idea, but I think reducing points for town points would be a better solution.

DeletedUser23201

could there not be a system whereby the higher the lvl of the church the lower the points earned towards overall townpoints are, similar to fort skills?

DeletedUser16008

could there not be a system whereby the higher the lvl of the church the lower the points earned towards overall townpoints are, similar to fort skills?

Would be cool sure but not as much fun. :D

No idea what planet Jakkals is on dueling points are an enormous amount of 5 per duel so einstein you work that out on how long itll take to gain 300k or so and i dont care a stuff about religion but yup churches were burned down quite a bit in the west. Right through the civil war in fact. As for sacking are you kidding me ? its been a nice little earner since they became popular thousands of years ago and even now thieves "sack" them. Get a grip mate, not everyone is scared of sacking a church or any other religious building given half the chance. They used to have lots of goodies, antiques, silver and gold inside them, a great get rich quick scheme in the past.

Something has to be done or towns will stop doing what the rest of the game is about and just sit in town constructing the tower of Babylon.

DeletedUser33353

Thumbs down on this one Vic....some things are just not meant to be.

DeletedUser17649

I probably wouldn't do it but why not, as far as I'm concerned it doesn't do anything useful.

DeletedUser

Vic is right, there is a legitimate reason for it being an option.

Fort points: you can reduce a town's fort points by taking their forts.
Dueling points: you can reduce a town's dueling points by camping them.
Town points: all you can do is build your own church, fun fun fun.

I don't see why there shouldn't be some balance here.

DeletedUser563

the concept of a church is an important element in many Innogames games for example Tribal wars i think it increased your influence(something like that) they wont allow you to burn churches

PS I am from the planet "GET REAL !!" its situated in the "your idea sucks galaxy"

Deleted User - 1802579

I don't agree with the idea of ''burning down churches.'' But I do agree that smth has to be done about the ridiculous amount of town points you get for building the church. In a lot of worlds towns with 0 fort points and 0 duel points are being in the top of the rankings just bcs they build their church 24/7. Like some already suggested before, either remove points for church building completely, reduce points for church building or increase town points for duelling and forts.

DeletedUser563

No dueling points isnt worth nothing

The Hunting Party
226795 - dueling points

on colorado we overtook this town with construction, they came back with dueling and due to my inactivity now a fort fighting town has overtaken us both.

checked their stats as well in mortician

Statistics of the town The Hunting Party
All duels56208
Duels won50785
Duels lost5423
Difference45362
Passed-out opponents18924
Passed-out members911

so you see with a concerted effort dueling town will always overtook a construction in the long run as you can only build the church to a certain level.

there is many towns with 200000 fort points as well, all that they have to do is hire a few builders to have a competitive construction point as well. so as we can see the motivation behind this idea was not well thought out and there is in fact nothing that needs fixing.

DeletedUser

Part of the problem is that dueling is a team activity. No one is going to get a huge number of dueling points solo. Fort battles are obviously a team activity. Building is much easier as a team, but a one-person town could conceivably pass the best fort and dueling towns, which goes against everything towns are supposed to be about.

One person building a church to level 80 by himself is an accomplishment, but it doesn't mean he has the best town in that world, or even on the first page of rankings.

DeletedUser15641

No because then workers would get more hard work...Could we have fire fighters now?:p

WanderingStranger

Vic is right, there is a legitimate reason for it being an option.

Fort points: you can reduce a town's fort points by taking their forts.
Dueling points: you can reduce a town's dueling points by camping them.
Town points: all you can do is build your own church, fun fun fun.

I don't see why there shouldn't be some balance here.

I think everyone has forgotten there is already a plan in the works that might take care of this.

If I remember correctly towns are going to start needing "maintenance" in a future update.

Why not just include it so that towns degrade faster with a higher level church? Lets say every 10 levels of the church and the whole town drops "+%" faster. The reason being people spend so much time on upkeep on the church they ignore the rest of the town.

DeletedUser17649

Why not just include it so that towns degrade faster with a higher level church? Lets say every 10 levels of the church and the whole town drops "+%" faster. The reason being people spend so much time on upkeep on the church they ignore the rest of the town.

I'd love that ;)

DeletedUser

I still think just nerfing the effect of town buildings on town points is the answer, esp once unlimited building levels are added for other buildings. Make it possible to be #1 without fort or dueling points, but make it harder.

DeletedUser

I'm against this idea on principle (bringing religious wars into the game) and also because there's already a built-in limit to the size of a church (it's not infinite because there is a reduction in the CLP by the building level so if other lazy ass towns don't want to build their little white chapel into a grand cathedral then that's their problem).

Also, churches were a main focal point in many towns because religion was very important to many western settlers and a larger church meant a larger congregation and more tithing (people giving money to the church) and tithings were then spent within the community for the most part. Churches and religion brought a sense of community and hope to an uncertain land and during very uncertain times. Many people today scoff at religion and the concept of a deity, any deity, as useless superstition but in an era and area when you could die from an infected scratch (pre-penicillin as that was discovered in 1928) or lose your wife and child(ren) merely during the act of childbirth, God meant something to the settlers of the west.

I just checked two different worlds and here's how the church is limited in levels:

Level 40 church requires 571 LP to build and requires 4100 Construction Points to get to the next level
Level 1 church required 1 LP to build and requires only 200 Construction Points to get to the next level

At some point, the LP required to build the next level of church will exceed that of even a level 120 pure construction builder (15 CLP per building level is LOST)

Last edited by a moderator: