Cancelled battles

JWillow

In this case, I would abstain from fort battles completely and show no support what so ever and I'd be telling all of my townies not to participate and enjoy a happy life. See, the thing is, so far you guys have made me feel alienated and pushed away with all of this, I have to imagine others might just feel the same eventually. My warning to you; be very mindful of how you treat others.
Mindful of how I treat others, what about you? You call players vets as if that is a bad thing and just because some of us have seen worlds fail over and over again. We want to protect the only fort battle focused world. Inno throws enough speed bumps for the player base, there is no need to add selfish goals into a very much team based game mode. Keeping teams going is not easy, there is a natural ebb and flow as RL comes into play. That is why having a standard prime time helps, takes out the randomness that would turn away those players that would be discouraged by a board full of battles and no obvious sign of what will be worth going to.

Honestly you say you are on other worlds, then why don't you promote a system or a way of playing that you feel is best. You don't need a large player base to fill small forts, the different sizes were made for a reason. I had fun on one world playing smalls, as that is all that world could support. Plus I don't see a reason why another world couldn't be an american time zone friendly world, but colorado has a very high across the pond playerbase, so forcing the majority to fight in the middle of the night for a small percentage is not very fair.

Guess I am confused why focus the change on Colorado, as there are many players that escaped dead worlds for what Colorado offers, so to try a throw a wrench into the machine, is not very nice.

Plus why is it such a bad thing to you, as an independent to take into account which side needs helps or moving around more as needed? Many independents have chosen that way of fort fighting as they believe in helping the overall community by balancing in some small way.

JWillow

Sorry to double post but failed to edit in time: Just adding this;

Also not saying to quit Colorado, but maybe it doesn't have to be your main world, maybe one of the other ones will be more fun for you. Especially if you find a battle scene that is more to your taste.

Once again sorry for double post, really wish the edit window was longer to avoid such unnecessary posting when small edits needed.

badfl00d

Mindful of how I treat others, what about you? You call players vets as if that is a bad thing and just because some of us have seen worlds fail over and over again. We want to protect the only fort battle focused world. Inno throws enough speed bumps for the player base, there is no need to add selfish goals into a very much team based game mode. Keeping teams going is not easy, there is a natural ebb and flow as RL comes into play. That is why having a standard prime time helps, takes out the randomness that would turn away those players that would be discouraged by a board full of battles and no obvious sign of what will be worth going to.
I'm calling you vets, because that's what you are. My time here is probably still under a year, vs you and anyone else I call a vet having years and years and years. Just because past worlds have failed doesn't mean a new solution/plan/whatever can't work. This is what I mean by saying some vets are very hesitant to change. Never even said it was a bad thing, in this case it doesn't help cause it leads to friction between two parties hence why I suggested Inno should simply mediate or put their foot down.

Honestly you say you are on other worlds, then why don't you promote a system or a way of playing that you feel is best. You don't need a large player base to fill small forts, the different sizes were made for a reason. I had fun on one world playing smalls, as that is all that world could support. Plus I don't see a reason why another world couldn't be an american time zone friendly world, but colorado has a very high across the pond playerbase, so forcing the majority to fight in the middle of the night for a small percentage is not very fair.
Yea, I'm not taking anyone on their word for player base stats. If inno wants to divulge accurate play base stats that'd be great.
I don't see a reason why Colorado can't be made to be world friendly, truly, to all players. :)
Why don't I promote a system or way of playing I feel is best, cause I believe in, to each their own. There will always be somebody who has
Also not saying to quit Colorado, but maybe it doesn't have to be your main world, maybe one of the other ones will be more fun for you. Especially if you find a battle scene that is more to your taste.
As I said before when Kruger said the other servers are "open season", the suggestion is laughable. To be honest, my suggestion of me leaving FF on Colorado was meant to be hyperbole. Colorado is my main, always has been since I started playing, asking me to move focus to another server is uhhh, yea, not gonna happen. Why must you try to push me away Willow? and still no telegrams from the Under Review leaders with even a short story, not asking for an essay on this drama. If I could see your ways maybe you would have another person on your side. I have no clue which side is right, how could I?

Have you ever watched the movie 12 Angry Men? Now THAT'S a film.

JWillow

I'm calling you vets, because that's what you are. My time here is probably still under a year, vs you and anyone else I call a vet having years and years and years.

Yea, I'm not taking anyone on their word for player base stats. If inno wants to divulge accurate play base stats that'd be great.

and still no telegrams from the Under Review leaders with even a short story, not asking for an essay on this drama. If I could see your ways maybe you would have another person on your side. I have no clue which side is right, how could I?

Have you ever watched the movie 12 Angry Men? Now THAT'S a film.
I am not really a vet just have some experience, to me vets are ones that played the game before fort battles even began or were there before all the tombolas.

Okay player based stats, yeah don't think inno going to give a count, but most players can tell the difference between when the time of day 3 saloons are needed compared to when there is only one saloon open, ie over 300 players to need saloon 3 compared to the 100 or so that occupy 1 saloon at off prime time of 6am.
Also colorado can be world friendly if you are willing to make it so. If you strive to pay attention and keep battles from being lopsided, ie not filling one side with all the onliners. Right now prime is protected because players/leaders are actively working to fill and keep things as fair as possible, they surely are not recruiting all the most acitve players to one side. Healthy battle scene has two sides not just one active side slaughtering an inactive one. There typical needs players willing to move around as needed, not entrench themselves to become more dominate.

Why are you still waiting on something from UR? Why not just pay attention to onliner patterns and watch for quality of battle indicators? You as an individual can learn to see the patterns and see the signs of one side getting overpowered.
Just like I have, in that LL+Unity teaming up has shifted the balance that UR defense could use a few more onliners, I am don't particularly like some in UR, but to give off primes a chance a being little closer, I go to where I really don't want to due personal issues.

As for the film, no I have not seen. Glad you enjoy it.

Honestly, if off primes are not one sided, then I see no problems with them overall. But the attitude of digging all times because we can, with no care given to if the time slot favors one side over another is not what Colorado was built on. If you see a heavy onliner presence only one one side, might be time to look for some onliners to move to even the fight, it what Colorado typically does. Shifts players around as needed or even have big shuffles if that is needed.

Anyway, I am not sure what you truly want, Colorado is a stable-ish world, yeah not into big changes except what they have to adapt to that inno throws at them. Just as another post comes about a new nugget set, if enough players buy it, Colorado could need some shifting to off set that. More goes into keeping battles than you think. Every event brings potential of creating imbalances, that are watched and tried to make less impactful.