Browser Game of the Year

DeletedUser

I don't usually post or come on the forums too much, but I had to make a post about this since I can't seem to find it mentioned.

Just want to say congratulations to everyone involved in making this game.
The winners were announced almost 2 weeks ago already, but for those who missed it:

2008 Browser Game of the Year Awards

Winner:
Browser Game of the Year 2008: The West
Best Concept: The West
Best Gameplay: The West
Best RPG: The West

They also received nominations for:
Technical Achievement Award
Best Story

Well done Innogames.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the link.

Makes me think browser-based-games are in sad need of some innovation, and Innogames are not the ones to give it to us.

DeletedUser

All sounds a bit moody to me ,Did anyone ever see anything about voting for online games ?

I didn't and I play a few all very suspect to me

DeletedUser

Did anyone ever see anything about voting for online games ?

I have to admit I did see it when it was voting on a completely different site (that ended up in none of the nominations let alone winners) and it was actually how I found myself here.

DeletedUser

Well when I tried the site, NONE of the links did anything at all. If that's a real web site, why doesn't it do anything? Or was that a glitch on my end?

DeletedUser

Is that a joke?

Did you scroll down on the page?

The leading browser game online magazines have teamed up to present the best web games of 2008.
The title Browser Game of the Year 2008 is awarded by an international jury of professionals in game development and publishing in 14 categories. The audience award will furthermore allow the players to vote for their personal favorites.
The votes will be closed February, 10th 2009.

DeletedUser

Well when I tried the site, NONE of the links did anything at all. If that's a real web site, why doesn't it do anything? Or was that a glitch on my end?

The links at the bottom work

I meant to add gaming must be pretty dire if a beta game can clear the boards :)

DeletedUser

Did you scroll down on the page?

The leading browser game online magazines have teamed up to present the best web games of 2008.

Odd then, if these groups teamed up, that none of their sites appear to have any links to the site you posted.

DeletedUser

Odd then, if these groups teamed up, that none of their sites appear to have any links to the site you posted.

Galaxy News it's highlighted on the front page near the top - quiet large.

gdynamite (gamesdynamite) - front page centre

BBGSite - under the Industry News section

MMOSite.com - in the news section.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

nah it did nothing for me either clicking anything must not mean much anyway