Boxes are so, so random

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31397

Hello. Yesterday we had a battle on world 12.I had 1hit 3misses 0taken shots 0dodged shots
Damage inflicted:194, and i got a wooden box- brown pistol belt inside- 10725$$

I think this should really change and that boxes should be like earned rewards, not just random, do you?

Apachhe

DeletedUser

To answer your question with an opinion:
Absolutely not because then always the same players would get boxes and low levels would stand no chance to get one. Randomness is a good thing in this case.

DeletedUser

And if the contents of boxes were performance-based, which they are not despite claims to the contrary in notes on boxes posted on the market, it would be exploitable. As it is now, you can do friendly battles for boxes, but you can't control the contents. Manipulate the battle to give specific people more damage and we'll have cash battles all over again.

DeletedUser

I do think your performance in battles does influence the chance to get a box. If it is not so, then how come every time I do most damage, highest average or most dodges I get a box?! EVERY TIME!
As I said before: I believe boxes are rewarded for performance and randomly, so everybody has a chance to get a box.

DeletedUser31397

Guess i didnt think about it so well, you are all right. Duduie,i belive it is both by preformance and randomly. Thanks

Bad Billy Jack

I think Inno has also now "fixed" woodens. They used to be almost the best = not as wide of a range in possible contents, rarely getting a low black gear. Woodens can now be just as bad as the higher boxes.

This is probably for the best too!

I also think wooden boxes are entirely random. The higher boxes have some random also, but mostly performance based.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I do think your performance in battles does influence the chance to get a box. If it is not so, then how come every time I do most damage, highest average or most dodges I get a box?! EVERY TIME!
As I said before: I believe boxes are rewarded for performance and randomly, so everybody has a chance to get a box.

There's no speculation about it, I think that's pretty much proven. Top damage and top dodges always gets a box, unless it's a [short] lopsided battle. Top average seems too as well. My dueler on a world without a huge number of duelers, most non-premium, pretty much always gets a box, even for a bad battle. I wasn't talking about getting a box, I was talking about box contents. I thought that was the point of the question since he said he got a brown pistol belt for a crappy battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31859

no. never! that is the only thing that low levels can get. so pls dont disturb...everything is running good

DeletedUser31397

Mostly duellers have top damage inflicted so dodges are left for me.....

DeletedUser

For 8.5k damage and 125 dodges, i got an iron clad... Talking about random...

DeletedUser32733

Doesn't getting a box depend on how much you move about in the battle too?just for practical reasons.It cannot be completely random or completely performance based.There must be something else too....

DeletedUser

I've gotten boxes without moving if I didn't have to. On w9 (my dueler), I move as little as possible and I pretty much always get a box.

DeletedUser

There's no speculation about it, I think that's pretty much proven. Top damage and top dodges always gets a box, unless it's a [short] lopsided battle. Top average seems too as well. My dueler on a world without a huge number of duelers, most non-premium, pretty much always gets a box, even for a bad battle. I wasn't talking about getting a box, I was talking about box contents. I thought that was the point of the question since he said he got a brown pistol belt for a crappy battle.
I understood it as "random chance to get a box" and it seems to appear so in some cases. There's at least 1 box/battle that drops for no apparent good reason. Like in the op: his performance was not outstanding, not in my view, but he got a box. The randomness of the content is definitely not based on anything, but pure luck! I got a precise slingshot out of an iron clad.

DeletedUser

I got a precise slingshot out of an iron clad.

I don't think anyone's disputing that iron sucks too. Everyone who's gotten more than a couple iron-clad has gotten a black headband, or black rags, or a black cap, or black cotton shoes, or some other useless black item.

DeletedUser

I don't think anyone's disputing that iron sucks too. Everyone who's gotten more than a couple iron-clad has gotten a black headband, or black rags, or a black cap, or black cotton shoes, or some other useless black item.

I got an iron-clad box once in w13 and it contained black knee-breaches $5K. I did 5,3K damage in that battle and dodged 1 shot lol. I´m dueler there too and I think I was one of the top in damage that´s maybe why I got one.

Red Falcon

I understood it as "random chance to get a box" and it seems to appear so in some cases. There's at least 1 box/battle that drops for no apparent good reason. Like in the op: his performance was not outstanding, not in my view, but he got a box. The randomness of the content is definitely not based on anything, but pure luck! I got a precise slingshot out of an iron clad.

Which is not a good drop at all! In fact, it's pretty much a waste to open some of these boxes (Especially higher level boxes). In fact, I think it's better to just sell the boxes themselves rather than open them and risk getting something worth less than the box itself. Especially when you can charge a substantially high amount when selling the box on the auction house. ;)

DeletedUser

I got an iron-clad box once in w13 and it contained black knee-breaches $5K. I did 5,3K damage in that battle and dodged 1 shot lol. I´m dueler there too and I think I was one of the top in damage that´s maybe why I got one.

I'm not saying there are no performance based boxes! I'm saying performance has no effect on contents of boxes.

As I've said 100 times, some boxes are performance-based, but a lot of boxes are completely random. I'm not speculating on this, I'm stating a fact. Guaranteed boxes in a "real" battle, i.e. not a 10-round turkey shoot:

1. Top damage
2. Top dodges

And from my and other people's experience with duelers it also seems like:

3. Top average damage

And there's no question that KOs do not get boxes. I've had too many "real" battles with top KOs and no box.

There's also no question that there are random boxes, which seem to me to be the majority of boxes dropped. I've seen too many people with crappy battles without a single bright spot who have gotten boxes. I've seen a couple of first round KOs get a doctor's bag and a box. Any suggestion that things like top misses gets a box is just wrong. If they got a box, it was probably random, unless they were top dodges too, or led some other category that we don't know of.

There may be other stats that earn boxes, but the fact that KOs don't makes me doubt it. You also don't have to be #1 overall or on your side to get a performance box. The better the battle with the more overall damage and the more people who get boxes for damage.

DeletedUser

Which is not a good drop at all! In fact, it's pretty much a waste to open some of these boxes (Especially higher level boxes). In fact, I think it's better to just sell the boxes themselves rather than open them and risk getting something worth less than the box itself. Especially when you can charge a substantially high amount when selling the box on the auction house. ;)
In the same time you risk selling a chest where you could find something great that would sell for 10x the price you sold the box for. Is a gamble and I rather open in like a child on Christmas morning than sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.