Bonds at Fort Fights

DeletedUser

It's too early for me to tell if this bond idea is any good, BUT, it's completely unbalanced.

Top damage is almost always going to be a dueler because of the crit ability. Why not give extra bonds to top damage in each class? And the same for top dodges.

I assume the bond output, is similiar to the boxes, but it's always been a bit unbalanced.

DeletedUser

It's too early to tell how bonds are distributed, so to say the system is completely unbalanced on day 2 is unrealistic. However, I can say that this system is more balanced because all classes have a chance at getting a box whereas before, nearly all boxes went to duelers or whoever.

DeletedUser

From what I've seen so far is that the spread of bonds drops far too quickly between the top players who would've received a chest and those who would've gotten nothing. Before it was understandable to limit the chests per fight, but now it just seems unfair to have a handful of people out of at least 92 players in a small getting more than 2 bonds a fight. It's fair to say I'm an above average fort fighter, usually featuring in the top 10 or so in terms of damage and dodging per fight, but so far for such results I've received 2 bonds in each fight. One for taking part and one for winning. Granted, before 1.35 I wouldn't've gotten anything, but now that players like me are getting rewards from fort fighting, to lump the top 5% with a few more bonds (whether they're actually worth anything or not) and the other 95% with the bare minimum amount of bonds doesn't seem right to me.

Imo, if they're going to look at changing around the way bonds are issued, then I'd like to see more bonds being given for fort fights, say 1 for taking part, 1 or 2 for being online 2 for winning and then a more even spread of bonds going on how much damage you did as a %age of the whole battle (I.e. if you did 10% of damage in a battle, 10k hp damage out of 100k hp in the battle as a whole) you'd get 5 bonds or whatever. If you did 8% or something, you get 4 bonds and so on and the same with the amount of dodges maybe going off the amount of shots you dodged compared to how many shots were fired at you.

I wouldn't suggest making it possible to get a silly amount of bonds in one fight that will allow you to buy a silver chest within 3 or 4 fights, but it'd be good to feel that buying a decent chest is attainable from the bond system because as it is, the only way to realistically get one is buying them with nuggets (which is what the developers want I'm sure) or saving up for a month or so, getting one chest and then being disappointed about getting a Huck slingshot in it or something

DeletedUser

Yeah, it does drop quickly. Former performance box recipients get up to 11 for top damage as a winner depending on the size of the fort. It drops quickly until the vast majority, who would have had a shot at a random wooden (or better) box, get 1 bond (1/75th of a wooden box).

For #1 overall damage in a won small fort attack today I got 8 bonds. Fort #1 red damage and #1 red dodges in a lost small fort attack today I got 7 bonds. In a won large defense, I got 2 bonds for #11 damage. The system still doesn't reward performance in multiple areas any more than boxes did. The reward is based entirely on top (or close to it) damage or dodges (or whatever else), fort size, and whether or not your side wins.

DeletedUser22493

This is more a discussion than it is an idea.
Thread moved to Saloon.

Spaceydk

Almost full medium battle top damage got 11 bonds
Almost half full large battle I got top damage and 2 bonds.

The amount of bonds now are to low not going to get me to go to more battles maybe something like:
2 bonds to participate
+2 for defense win
+4 for attack win (harder to win attack)
+1 for knocking out player

For each class on small
Top damage/dodge/hit for number 1-2-3-4-5
+3,+2,+2,+1,+1 bonds

Medium
for 1 to 7
+5,+4,+3,+3,+2,+2,+1

Large bonds for top 10

The majority now gets 1-2 bonds for a battle and that is not enough.

DeletedUser16008

with only a battle or two since the update and bonds i am finding the top damage which is dueler as always is getting about double ( 10 - 11 ) the bonds of other top twenty damage ( 5 ) and the rest getting approx 1 or 2 each.

Whilst I don't have a problem with the spread it is going to irritate the heck out of everyone that duelers will continue to rape the top damage nearly every battle. It was annoying enough that nearly all steels were being claimed by the duelers ... but it wasnt every battle. If the top damage continues to get double everyone else on bonds every battle its going to not only annoy all other classes but clearly isnt balanced either.

I dont happen to think this is a bond problem so much as a class being overpowered but 10 vs 5 bonds a battle is a huge difference.

DeletedUser563

One gets a bond for win + 1 for participating. Unless they change the system rapidly I see a lot of players quitting fort fighting. the sell was not each player will get adequately rewarded for his efforts: 2 bonds for # 6 damage or #7 dodging is just not enough. That should be adjusted quickly as I mostly play a defensive game with a low HP player. So I will stand for 3 -4 rounds at point whereupon i will snipe or shoot from cover. i think my efforts is good yet mostly get bupkiss. As a team activity that does not seem fair to me.

DeletedUser

I thought that the fact that I only got 2 bonds was a bug. Turns out I was prolly wrong. I had #3 dodges and #4 damage in a small fort battle with my advent. I got 2 bonds. The fort battles should drop a LOT more bonds than this, I think. If I had gotten 5-6 bonds I would have been satisfied...but two? Two?

DeletedUser

Am I the only one who has an issue with the max no. of bonds rewarded being so low? With 11 bonds per fight for a perfect score, it's going to take eight fights just to get a wooden box, whereas being the top fighter in eight fort fights in the earlier versions would've given you eight boxes, most if not all of which would've been iron-clad or higher. I'm fine with there being a sharp decline from say, top three in damage and/or dodge to the participation bonuses, but it just feels like people who put effort into fort fighting are now getting much less in return.

Edit: Oh, thank [deity of choice], Elmyr agrees with me. It was just in the other thread. Well, that's all the agreement I need, am now satisfied with my opinion. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Of course not. 16 battles with #1 damage to get a steel-lined box is ridiculous. :p

Cutting anything by 50% is a pretty big nerf. I think we need a new word to describe cutting something 94%.

DeletedUser563

Am I the only one who has an issue with the max no. of bonds rewarded being so low? With 11 bonds per fight for a perfect score, it's going to take eight fights just to get a wooden box, whereas being the top fighter in eight fort fights in the earlier versions would've given you eight boxes, most if not all of which would've been iron-clad or higher. I'm fine with there being a sharp decline from say, top three in damage and/or dodge to the participation bonuses, but it just feels like people who put effort into fort fighting are now getting much less in return.

Edit: Oh, thank [deity of choice], Elmyr agrees with me. It was just in the other thread. Well, that's all the agreement I need, am now satisfied with my opinion. :p

Ok I do not agree with this. Lets count

1. Max Battle = 11 Bonds
2. 4 Daily Task = 4 Bonds
3. 4 Repeatables in saloon = 4 Bonds
4. 48 hour repeatable = 0.5 bonds
5. Weekly reward for successful week = 1 bond
----------------------------------------------------
= 20. 5 BONDS PER DAY

X 25 = 512.5 Bonds = 1 Unique Chest

X 75 = 1537.50 Bonds = 1 Premium Chest
----------------------------------------------
What should change however is that moderate battles should get moderate awards:

Say you get 5 Bonds per top damage inflicted
4 Bonds for top dodging etc

So I would say that you should get say
Your damage / Top Damage * 5 Bonds for DI for example : 3500 / 8000 * 5 = 2.18 Bonds rounded to 2 Bonds
and your dodging/ Top Dodging * 4 Bonds for Dodging : for example 8 /35 * 4 = 0. 91 = 1 Bonds

So that player would get 5 bonds if his side won: 1 for playing 1 for win 2 for DI and 1 for dodging.

First 3 in categories Dodging and DI can be rewarded by a factorization say ( Damage / Total Damage) * 0.25 of max participants x 5. for example 8000 / 168000 = 0.0476190476190476 * 10.5 * 5 = 2.5 Bonds rounded to 3 so 8 in total for DI.
Big fort with 80 participants with average damage of 2500
8000 / 200000 * (140/ 4) * 5
0.04 * 35 * 5 = 7 Bonds So 12 Bonds in total for Top DI. Each successive rank's value get divided by rank 2 or 3 so in first example 7000 / 168000 = (0.0416666666666667 / 2) * 10.5 * 5 = 1.09 = 1 Bond with a minimum of 1 Bond rewarded.

Other categories should act solely as bonuses and can remain the current system.

DeletedUser

Ok I do not agree with this. Lets count

1. Max Battle = 11 Bonds
2. 4 Daily Task = 4 Bonds
3. 4 Repeatables in saloon = 4 Bonds
4. 48 hour repeatable = 0.5 bonds
5. Weekly reward for successful week = 1 bond
----------------------------------------------------
= 20. 5 BONDS PER DAY
You expect to be able to do all that within a single day, every day? How many nuggets are you planning on spending to earn those bonds? :p

DeletedUser

Yeah, if you can do all 4 repeatable saloon quests every day, you're specced for all jobs which doesn't give you much of a dueling or fort build. You need to be a hiding all-jobs worker bashing dueler, and even then you won't be #1 damage every day. Of course you won't be specced for dueling or have a lot of hp for being specced for fort battles, so you also have a high risk of being KOed between battles. So the dueling portion of the daily checklist won't always be available.

Incidentally, if you want to be totally unrealistic, you failed despite how hard you tried, because you should also be a master crafter getting 2.5 bonds per day from the crafting repeatable.

DeletedUser16008

Cutting anything by 50% is a pretty big nerf. I think we need a new word to describe cutting something 94%.

I think its called a Greek bailout repayment plan, I knew having a greek server was a bad idea ............

DeletedUser563

That is what we would call in computer terms the best case scenario. Of course a player wont get that each day but that would be the ideal. Therefore the system was well thought out. 150 days for a premium chest is still acceptable and 50 days for an unique chest is also acceptable. That being of course about par . If you could get say 50 bonds a day you would get an unique chest every 10 days considerably cheapening it. I however did propose a slightly changed system to the bottom which you should also consider.

Also that is based on 1 fort battle a day. With buffs a player can pull off 2 or even 3 such battles.

DeletedUser

Also that is based on 1 fort battle a day. With buffs a player can pull off 2 or even 3 such battles.

No world on .net can support three or even two full medium or large battles per day. You won't get 11 bonds for a crappy half full battle. If you COULD fill three medium or large battles per day you still wouldn't be #1 damage or dodges in all of them.

You might as well also say you can get 12 bonds working 12 hours a day too.

DeletedUser563

I dont want to get in trouble but the current system is very exploitable... think along what you would get for the world 9 fort madness day if you just ran to different battles. It is possible lets take 4 squares all forts at most 1 hour apart from each other so:

7 AM early start First defense: + 1 hour travelling + 4 hours for recovery
12 PM next big defense repeat
5 PM next big defense repeat
10PM next defense

= 4 Big Fort Battles. If this was coordinated in a world shared forum and different alliances participated its quite possible over say a Saturday.

DeletedUser

lol exploitable? It's not even that. The vast majority gets 1 or 2 bonds. It's only exploitable if the entire world wants to push bonds to a couple duelers.

DeletedUser16008

I dont want to get in trouble but the current system is very exploitable... think along what you would get for the world 9 fort madness day if you just ran to different battles. It is possible lets take 4 squares all forts at most 1 hour apart from each other so:

7 AM early start First defense: + 1 hour travelling + 4 hours for recovery
12 PM next big defense repeat
5 PM next big defense repeat
10PM next defense

= 4 Big Fort Battles. If this was coordinated in a world shared forum and different alliances participated its quite possible over say a Saturday.

1 it gets expensive

2 no one would be at the third in any number most would be in bed with 0 hp

3 for about 40 bonds max its not worth the effort

Anyway youd spend so much on buffs etc getting there and hp back it wouldnt be worth the outlay.