Blacksmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

You already have to be able to do certain jobs in order to get the upgrades. You have to pay for the difference in cost of the weapons. So it costs time and the right specs in addition to cash.

For faster horses you have to be able to do the jobs to get the products. You have to pay 10% of your horses purchase price.

The intent is not to make it impossible or not worth getting these services, the point is to give a convenience to town members while having them meet certain requirements and having to pay for the convenience.

DeletedUser

I think it should cost more than only the difference between weapons price... after all this would make higher grade weapons more easily accessible and thus less valuable... unless you would in the end pay more than if you would buy the sharp weapon in the first place...

You already are paying more. 10 iron bars * $18 = $180, 5 sticks of dynamite *$40 = $200 + the hours needed to collect them. That is for each increase so you can double that and add the blacksmith fee for rusty to precise.

DeletedUser

OK, I'm over any doubts I had. I think this is a good idea. Are we ready to move forward with it?

DeletedUser5046

I don't know what you mean Angel. If you mean a sharp weapon has +3 appearance do you get it when you upgrade a regular weapon to a sharp? If so then I would say yes. The player is paying the full difference in price between the weapons after all.

I just think this is a good way for players to get better weapons when their town doesn't have the precise or sharp weapon they are looking for. The products you have to get are found in jobs with a high enough difficulty so that every level 10 isn't walking around with a sharp razor. I think its balanced so that melee and ranged players won't feel one is getting a better deal than the other.

yes tat is what i mean :)...

DeletedUser

I like the idea, except I think that to upgrade lower level weapons, we should need something easier to obtain than dynamite. Also, then maybe the gunsmith should only have rusty weapons so that towns actually need a blacksmith.

DeletedUser

Brill idea!! I wish that it'd be applied as most of the weapons in the gunsmith in my town are all rusty, so we could upgrade them to a standard level.

DeletedUser

I like the idea, except I think that to upgrade lower level weapons, we should need something easier to obtain than dynamite. Also, then maybe the gunsmith should only have rusty weapons so that towns actually need a blacksmith.

Remember, to get the weapons upgraded, you have to have built the actual Blacksmith to level 4 or 5. By that time, transporting ammo is not such a difficult task.

Also, Denisero, as this would be a 5 level building, I'm assuming the building points needed for each are doubled, like the hotel?

DeletedUser

Yes Violette, I was thinking of that the other day. I think it should be 200 points for level 1, 400 for level 2, etc.

DeletedUser

i think it'sa good idea, but it takes away from the chance of getting a good weapon from an upgrade. if you see a town witha sharp razor blade but you're in a town with a rusty one, it takes away the need to go shopping, and the point is to see what kind of weapon you get, rusty, regular or precise. it takes away the fun if it doesnt matter what you get, if it can just be leveled up. then theres no point in hoping you get good weapons cuzyou wont care, youll just be able to go to the blacksmith. im gonna hafta go with thumbs down

DeletedUser

if your gunsmith has rusty or regular weapons, it's the fun part of the game, if you can upgrade them then it's no fun. It's not really fair, because then all towns 42.8k would have the same items and you wouldnt realyl hafta make achoice when joining atown, all that would matter is the level of the buildings, ifyou can level it up anyway.

DeletedUser

You can only upgrade your weapon if you can do one of these jobs:

For weapon upgrades:

• Melee would bring the blacksmith 10 Iron Rods. Job Iron Mining, Difficulty 176, 38% product find.
  • Ranged would bring 5 Dynamite. Job Transporting Ammo, Difficulty 144, 5% product find.
Not everyone can do those and certainly not for awhile in the game.

DeletedUser

You should make a poll version of this thread, I love this idea. :D

DeletedUser

I think Dee you need to make it clearer that you are talking about each individual member of a town being able to upgrade their weapon, not the weapons for sale in the gunsmith ;)

DeletedUser

Honestly, I don't know how to make it any clearer. I gave an example of how it could work, I have pointed out several times a player has to be able to do one of two specific jobs to upgrade a weapon, and it has been stated several different ways it is for an individual to upgrade one single weapon they have equipped. Short of time traveling, becoming an elementary school teacher and teaching 6 year olds basic reading comprehension and logic/reasoning skills I really don't know what else to do.

DeletedUser

You can only upgrade your weapon if you can do one of these jobs:

For weapon upgrades:

• Melee would bring the blacksmith 10 Iron Rods. Job Iron Mining, Difficulty 176, 38% product find.
  • Ranged would bring 5 Dynamite. Job Transporting Ammo, Difficulty 144, 5% product find.
Not everyone can do those and certainly not for awhile in the game.

Which skills would each of these require?

DeletedUser

i could see this become abuse-able with making a profit since if u found a rusty weapon on the job, you could simply spend a few bucks and get it to be precise and make alot of cash out of the process. tho the devs may not like for players to make an extra 1k from spending 50 dollors to make it better.

it is a good idea tho!

DeletedUser

I think you need to take a look at the cost of weapons. If you did make a profit it would be very small.

Taking a Rusty Foil to a Foil will cost you $404. You can turn around and sell the Foil for $567 profiting you $163. Plus, in order to upgrade it you have to bring the Blacksmith products such as:
For weapon upgrades:

It is hardly a time or cost effective way of getting rich quick. You could make more profit on higher end weapons but the amount of products you need to upgrade them could be increased based on the weapon. Usually by the time someone is in their level 40's, which is where a larger profit margin comes into play, they are making good money from jobs and dueling.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes, i was talking about a high end weapon, but i think the prices should differ from weapon to weapon to make this unbusable, and what about creating named weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.