Blacksmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

any limitations on percentages of items? how about those special items with additional skill points?

I don't know what you mean Angel. If you mean a sharp weapon has +3 appearance do you get it when you upgrade a regular weapon to a sharp? If so then I would say yes. The player is paying the full difference in price between the weapons after all.

I just think this is a good way for players to get better weapons when their town doesn't have the precise or sharp weapon they are looking for. The products you have to get are found in jobs with a high enough difficulty so that every level 10 isn't walking around with a sharp razor. I think its balanced so that melee and ranged players won't feel one is getting a better deal than the other.

Bill, I know you wouldn't necessarily be able to go to a blacksmith to get a gun upgraded but this is a game and I think we can take some creative license with our ideas.

DeletedUser

I just think this is a good way for players to get better weapons when their town doesn't have the precise or sharp weapon they are looking for. The products you have to get are found in jobs with a high enough difficulty so that every level 10 isn't walking around with a sharp razor. I think its balanced so that melee and ranged players won't feel one is getting a better deal than the other.

Hmmm this bit about so every town can get the sharp stuff, then what about the builders job, I mean they get a kick out building the gunsmith if they get the sharp ****** or the precise *******, now if every town could get the sharp or precise with blacksmith there would be no need for a second town for a new gunsmith to see if better items are attained, I know this is not the only reason we build second towns but it still takes a little away from it.

I think we would need a cap on each towns blacksmith ability, like Town X's blacksmith can upgrade so many things (or even add ons for weapons i.e machete bone handle + 5 min and max damage) but town Y's can upgrade different things to Town X?
I'm just thinking ahead here, I like your idea like I said before, but just ironing out some minuses.

DeletedUser

I don't see why we need a cap. Only the players that can do the jobs required to get the products can get their weapons upgraded. It gives the builders something else to build in their first town and many people don't want to build a second town. It is hard enough recruiting for one town. I know when my town was done being built I was ecstatic because I could start to spec for dueling instead of standing there getting my butt kicked all the time.

Keep it simple.

DeletedUser

What if you cant use a percise weapon (dont have high enough level) and you try to upgrade a normal weapon to percise?

Would you get the percise weapon and it would be put in invi? or you need the correct level before you upgrade a weapon?

And this is an ace idea :D

DeletedUser

^ no you can't upgrade you must have the required level for Upgraded weapon

DeletedUser

What if you cant use a percise weapon (dont have high enough level) and you try to upgrade a normal weapon to percise?

Would you get the percise weapon and it would be put in invi? or you need the correct level before you upgrade a weapon?

And this is an ace idea :D

As stated in the first post you would not be allowed to upgrade the weapon until you were at the appropriate level to use it.

DeletedUser

like it but i have to say the idea of making weapons better and having a bacsmith is mine

but not in this concept mine was you paid him

DeletedUser

I've thought about this some more, and I have a couple of things to add.

In the first place, I think this is easily the best solution to complaints about the uneven distribution of good items in towns stores (as far as the gunsmith goes anyway). It is MUCH better than the rotation ideas floating around.

My main hesitation is this: The easier it is to get the best (or good) weapons, the less valuable they become. I know you have considered this and put in some measures to make sure the blacksmith isn't too easily used (like you have to have be able to work Shoeing Horses or Exploration, and you can't use an upgraded weapon unless you have the level, plus there is a cost). These things will stop lower level players from using the blacksmith to readily access high level weapons, but will pose very little challenge to higher level players, so wile you might not have every level ten running around with a sharp razor, at the higher levels you would start to see almost everyone running around with 'sharp' or 'precise' weapons. I'm not entirely sure what impact of this would be ... it's just something I'm pondering.

Also, there seems to be little opposition (if any) to the idea of upgrading the speed of horses, and I definitely like this part of it too. I can't see how it would possibly have a negative impact.

DeletedUser

I don't see why we need a cap. Only the players that can do the jobs required to get the products can get their weapons upgraded. It gives the builders something else to build in their first town and many people don't want to build a second town. It is hard enough recruiting for one town. I know when my town was done being built I was ecstatic because I could start to spec for dueling instead of standing there getting my butt kicked all the time.

Keep it simple.

Respectful answer, but many people do like to build more towns, I mean to trade, to get the best items, I'm not talking about member numbers here I'm talking for equipment to do jobs and get the best duelling stuff.

If every town had the same ability it would take a peace of the adventure away and individuality of each town, I'm talking from my point of view, of course the basic idea is great but with each town having a special ability in certain areas of weapon smithy it would be more realistic, not every blacksmith had the same abilities in real life.

DeletedUser8950

Very fancy!

Seriously, great idea, first one worth reading in days. Grats

DeletedUser

If every town had the same ability it would take a peace of the adventure away and individuality of each town, I'm talking from my point of view, of course the basic idea is great but with each town having a special ability in certain areas of weapon smithy it would be more realistic, not every blacksmith had the same abilities in real life.
This is an interesting idea.

DeletedUser

This is an interesting idea.

You have an interesting name;)

I'm sure Iv'e seen that name a few times when I been errrr browsing the net, oh yea that's it a film star :eek:hmy:

But yea if you could add to the idea feel free :)

DeletedUser

Sorry kitty, I searched blacksmith and nothing came up.

Ummm, players at higher levels run around with the best weapons anyway. Do you honestly think a level 50 player hasn't managed to get an invite into a town to buy the Precise weapon their town didn't get in their gunsmith? I have yet to see a level 50 walking around with a rusty anything.

Towns don't have much individuality as it is. They are all laid out the same. The general stores carry the same sorts of items, just in different colors. If a player can't find what they want in their own town they just go to a different town to buy it and then go right back to their old town. No one in this game is saying "Oh shucks, my town didn't get that weapon I wanted, guess I'll go without for 15 levels til the next good one is available". If a player can't do the job to get the products to upgrade their weapon they still have to go to another town to buy the item. If their gunsmith gets a rusty gun in then they have to upgrade that weapon twice. It certainly doesn't make it easy and I think enough hurdles are in place to stop everybody from using the service.

This idea certainly doesn't stop towns from beginning 2nd or even 3rd towns. This just gives a service to the players in those towns. I don't see how it is restrictive or making towns cookie cutters at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have previously rejected ideas which gave too much easy access to the best gear, because it should be hard.

But I think this one is well balanced. It isn't too easy, and in fact the cost of building plus the cost of the upgrades is more than simply going to another town to buy what you want. Nobody pays foreign prices for anything except the stuff from the first couple of levels of the shops.

Here, you are actually just paying extra for the convenience.

DeletedUser

Sorry kitty, I searched blacksmith and nothing came up.

Ummm, players at higher levels run around with the best weapons anyway. Do you honestly think a level 50 player hasn't managed to get an invite into a town to buy the Precise weapon their town didn't get in their gunsmith? I have yet to see a level 50 walking around with a rusty anything.

Towns don't have much individuality as it is. They are all laid out the same. The general stores carry the same sorts of items, just in different colors. If a player can't find what they want in their own town they just go to a different town to buy it and then go right back to their old town. No one in this game is saying "Oh shucks, my town didn't get that weapon I wanted, guess I'll go without for 15 levels til the next good one is available". If a player can't do the job to get the products to upgrade their weapon they still have to go to another town to buy the item. If their gunsmith gets a rusty gun in then they have to upgrade that weapon twice. It certainly doesn't make it easy and I think enough hurdles are in place to stop everybody from using the service.

This idea certainly doesn't stop towns from beginning 2nd or even 3rd towns. This just gives a service to the players in those towns. I don't see how it is restrictive or making towns cookie cutters at all.

Well yea ok, I was convinced before but just wanted to get the little doubts from the back of my mind and that kind of cleared it for me.
I have to wait 20 hours as it stands to go to other towns and I seem to speak very frequently on W4 with many different people, who are councillors or founders so town hopping is pretty easy to do for best gear.

Can't say I can fault anything other than what has already been mentioned so I'm looking forward to this developing further, hopefully it will get a serious view from the developers and not just disregarded.

DeletedUser

good idea Denisero
but i have something to say

what if people(highly ranked duelers)
try to get their bowie knife,foil machetes conquistador swords etc to sharp,they would deal tons of damage and making fun of workers,while customising guns to precise like precise army revolver or precise peacemaker.

DeletedUser

:)Great idea, and as you say, every level 50+ can buy a good weapon simply by moving towns, so i like the idea of paying a bit more for the convenience of not having to spend time between towns to get the weapons you want.

And this idea only gives access to better weapons, expensive clohing for dueling would still be just as expensive and require the waiting time to shop around, so i dont think its much of an advantage for a dueller.
It may possibly make it easier for builders to defend themselves, as they wouldnt have to leave town to upgrade their weapons and could carry on building. That is of course if they can do the job requirements and the town isnt already 100% constructed lol.

DeletedUser

I think it should cost more than only the difference between weapons price... after all this would make higher grade weapons more easily accessible and thus less valuable... unless you would in the end pay more than if you would buy the sharp weapon in the first place...

Status
Not open for further replies.