Black Mountains Who is there?

DeletedUser3543

So after you finish Black Mountains Possibility x this quest line is done??

Yeah.

When you go back to Mugridge in the saloon and show him the treasure he runs off with it.

You then get three choices - from the Sheriff - Duel Mugridge, Have skill points high in two skills [can't remeber which], or do nothing.

I did nothing and let him have the treasure, and got an extra 450XP, but no money.

You get the adventurer hat for all 3 choices.

DeletedUser

Ιn few hours (after 18.00 server time) i will choise the 2nd Decision.
25 skill points in Hiding and Fine Motor Skills.
The reward is 450 XP, the Hat, 1 attribute point towards Mobility, 5 skill points towards hiding, a Mustang horse and $10.961 cash

DeletedUser

I'll be dueling Mugridge. The cash is a little lower. But 10 skill points are worth more than 5 skill points and 1 attribute point. :)

DeletedUser3543

I'll be dueling Mugridge. The cash is a little lower. But 10 skill points are worth more than 5 skill points and 1 attribute point. :)

But you only get them in dodging and appearance.

However, I suppose with the 9000odd bucks you will have plenty of change left over if you pay to re-arrange them...

DeletedUser3543

This should make for a nice experiment, as I'm heading over there with my world 5 trading adventurer.

About the only stat shared with W2 is appearance of 55. Maybe this will make the difference?

DeletedUser3543

Nope. No good.

Duelled him twice and lost twice.

Scored some useful hits but took too much damage :(

Gonna need to increase my dodging before I try him again!

DeletedUser

It also seems that there will (or should) be negative consequences further down the road by choosing the easier or more lucrative decision in any quest, like not choosing Waupee's way in the level 25 Decision.

DeletedUser

Sure they are Violette :)
But i need now more Hiding and mobility than apperance and dodging, since i'm trying unlock "Grave Robber" job :)

DeletedUser

As MisterGadilf says though, you can easily move the points to where you want them with the money that you get.

DeletedUser

I did not get the riding skill increase promised for completion of the first quest from this fellow.. 18 riding skill before and 18 after..

:mad:

DeletedUser

I did not get the riding skill increase promised for completion of the first quest from this fellow.. 18 riding skill before and 18 after..

:mad:

Are you referring to the 'Let's start the adventure' part? And did you have the compass equiped in your product window (the one below your weapon)? If you did, that is why you didn't notice any gain. The compass gives you +3 horseback riding when you equip it in your product window. And since it would go away at the same time you complete the quest that would explain it.

DeletedUser

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who had problems beating the scoundrel(s), what were your dueling stats like and what kind of weapons did you use?

I used the whip we got from the class quest and I had no issue what so ever beating those scoundrels. I already got my indian's gold, along with $134 from beating various scoundrels.

I took very little damage from them and my dodge wasn't even that high.

DeletedUser

I got absolutely caned and had to go and spend 6k on some boots, as well as some more on re-skilling. That was with a Precise Deringer. My dueling stats were all very low, though.

DeletedUser

So, I suppose I should keep the whip, huh? Don't sell it for a weapon that has higher stats?

DeletedUser

So, I suppose I should keep the whip, huh? Don't sell it for a weapon that has higher stats?

I would keep it and not risk needing it for a quest that's added later. There's also gear sets. If the bonuses for a full set are good, it'll definitely be worth keeping. Of course that's all speculation.

DeletedUser

I used the whip 3 times against one of the scoundrels and lost all 3 times. Unluckily I was out of town and lost jut over $6000 :wackob: Only once did I get anywhere near him though....

DeletedUser

Ive just ended up spending $15,000 on new equipment to duel him... It better work!!!:mad:

Hoping my 77 appearance should give me a big help too

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I just beat all scoundel -in each scoundel I duel him 2 times.
and then re-skill little that make I can beat Jacob too.

whip
red shawl
fancy felt hat
red check shirt
fancy riding boots

my skill (with bonus) when I fight him is

aim 22
dodge 17
vigor 52
reflex 15
toughness 9
appearance 39
tactic 21

when I duel jacob I aim him at shoulder and hand I can hit him 5 times and he cannot hit me.

lets try
hope it help
have fun

DeletedUser

ok. just beat scoundrel and jacob !!

Using:

Machete
Fancy Leather Jacket
Brown Horse Riding Boots / Fancy Boots
Black Felt Hat / Fancy Stetson
Black Shawl

Skills:

Appearance - 89
Vigor - 25
Aim - 14
Toughness - 7
Dodging - 3
Reflex - 4

So you dont need good dueling skills, just to change your pattern...

DeletedUser

If this is any help to you all.
Black Mountains (Someone here?)

His attacks:
Round 1/5 - Right shoulder
Round 2/6 - Left Arm
Round 3/7 - Right Arm
Round 4/8 - Left Arm

To hit him:
Round 1/5 - Left
Round 2/6 - Right
Round 3/7 - Right
Round 4/8 - Left

Sorry i deleted my testing for the (Who is there?) section

Black Mountains (The mountains are beckoning)

His attacks:
Round 1/5 - ? - was dodging Left
Round 2/6 - ? - was dodging Right
Round 3/7 - Left Shoulder
Round 4/8 - Right Shoulder

To hit him: (* unconfirmed)
Round 1/5 - ? - was hitting Left
Round 2/6 - *Right
Round 3/7 - *Right
Round 4/8 - Left

Black Mountains (My treasure!)

His attacks:
Got bored of the duels, deleted the most useful :(

To hit him: (Barely hit him but these seemed the best options)
Round 1/5 - Left
Round 2/6 - Right
Round 3/7 - Right
Round 4/8 - Left

Last edited by a moderator: