Best Pure Ranged Dueller

DeletedUser14006

Pure Ranged Dueller

When I get to level 99, one idea I have is to repsec to a pure ranged dueler.

If you get to level 99 and were to do the same where would you assign your AP & SP, I ask because I am not 100% sure what would be best and I would like to hear other peoples views.

Assuming at this point you had 105 AP & 326 SP to assign, where would you put them?

I think 105 AP & 326 SP is correct, if not, it does not really matter as this is just for fun ;)

I was thinking of assigning like this:

Dexterity - 105 AP

Dodging - 126 SP

Appearance - 100 SP
Tactics - 100 SP

Would this be effective or a waste of points, I ask because I am not 100% familiar with duelling, it has been more of a hobby so far in my gameplay.

Thank you all for any answers ;)

DeletedUser

i think the best way is putting your pts in resistance (tougness and reflex) and dodging, some hp could also help. i think putting 100 tactics is a waste because from what i know the bonus you get is not directly proportional to the difference in your tactics and the attackers appearance, but thats just me, i might be wrong also. BTW, i think at lv 99, melee soldiers would be better. just my opinion take care.

edited because of typos

Last edited by a moderator:

Slygoxx

You need more shooting, let's say an overall of 150 shooting including the AP from dexterity ;) So 45 SP should be on shooting.

Furthermore, you should ask yourself if you are going to be an offensive or a defensive dueler, if you'd like to go offensive I'd put about 20 points in Tactics, and 180 in appearance.
If you want to be a defensive shooter, it's the other way around.

Your dodging does seem to be a nice amount ;)

DeletedUser

i think 180 appearance is a waste, why not put it in aim instead?

Slygoxx

That is also an idea, cut a bit on the appearance and put it in aim. Doesn't really matter that much anyway ;) It does help you defend better if you put it in aim.

DeletedUser14006

i think the best way is putting your pts in resistance (tougness and reflex) and dodging, some hp could also help.

Cheers bud, I was thinking of going down the resistance route but decided against it due to the damage cap.

I also think at level 99 I will have enough HP, I may put a few more in just to make sure though ;)

I decided for now to stick with ranged dueler as putting all AP into Dexterity I covered Aim & Shooting without using any SP.

i think putting 100 tactics is a waste because from what i know the bonus you get doesnt is not directly proportional to the difference in your tactics and the attackers resistance

If someone could confirm putting 100 in Appearance & 100 in Tactics is wasteful that would be great, I certainly would not want to waste all that money on a respec to find out it is useless :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14006

You need more shooting, let's say an overall of 150 shooting including the AP from dexterity ;) So 45 SP should be on shooting.

Thank you for your comments, I thought about shooting, I would have over 150 in shooting with the clothing bonus.

Furthermore, you should ask yourself if you are going to be an offensive or a defensive dueler, if you'd like to go offensive I'd put about 20 points in Tactics, and 180 in appearance.
If you want to be a defensive shooter, it's the other way around.

I am striving to find the best balance as I want to be able do both effectively.

DeletedUser

it really depends on you though, of course when attacking range soldiers who wear tactics set can be annoying because of the premium, the 100 appearance could certainly help boosting your aim, appearance is ok, but tactics.. not sure you want putting a lot of points there

DeletedUser

Let's start with this base clothing of the Golden Buffalo neck, Fancy Boots, Fancy Felt Hat, Fancy Coat, Precise Shofield and the Walking Stick.

That will give us:
16 Aim
11 Dodge
32 Shooting
42 Tactics
8 Appearance
13 Health Points

Using AP, we are going to raise your Aim to a total of 75 and the rest will go to Cha.

59 AP Dex
46 AP Cha

The rest is the distribution of the SP.

0 SP Aim
75 SP Dodge
109 SP Shooting
84 SP Apppearance
51 SP Tactics
7 SP Health Points

That will give us:

75 Aim
75 Dodge
200 Shooting
138 Appearance
139 Tactics
20 Health Points

DeletedUser14006

Let's start with this base clothing of the Golden Buffalo neck, Fancy Boots, Fancy Felt Hat, Fancy Coat, Precise Shofield and the Walking Stick.

That will give us:
16 Aim
11 Dodge
32 Shooting
42 Tactics
8 Appearance
13 Health Points

Using AP, we are going to raise your Aim to a total of 75 and the rest will go to Cha.

59 AP Dex
46 AP Cha

The rest is the distribution of the SP.

0 SP Aim
75 SP Dodge
109 SP Shooting
84 SP Apppearance
51 SP Tactics
7 SP Health Points

That will give us:

75 Aim
75 Dodge
200 Shooting
138 Appearance
139 Tactics
20 Health Points

Thanks Adelei, you obviously know a thing or two about duelling :)

Would it be worthwhile adjusting slightly to get Dodge and Aim up to 100 or is it definately better overall for Appearance and Tactics to better the Dodge and Aim skills?

DeletedUser

Only thing I have to say is are you more aggressive or more passive at dueling?

If you are more aggressive 139 tactics is way too high, if you duel offensively 90% of the time you are only using your tactics skills 10% of the time... a waste if you ask me.

You can put 50 of those tactics in dodging and use it 100% of all duels... or split it up into a number of different skills.

DeletedUser

Would it be worthwhile adjusting slightly to get Dodge and Aim up to 100 or is it definately better overall for Appearance and Tactics to better the Dodge and Aim skills?

I would experiment with it, a bit. I wouldn't go over 100 for Dodge and Aim nor would I go under 50 for them, either.

BTW, I'll give the same qualification that I give whenever I give my input on these types of things... All builds are situational and most of the time the situation depends on how others on your world are fighting around you. On world 5, as you can probably guess, I fought a lot of resistance fighters. For some, I would have to raise my shooting a little more. For others, I need more appearance. You really have to play and tweak it because there really is no "best" build.

DeletedUser14006

I would experiment with it, a bit. I wouldn't go over 100 for Dodge and Aim nor would I go under 50 for them, either.

BTW, I'll give the same qualification that I give whenever I give my input on these types of things... All builds are situational and most of the time the situation depends on how others on your world are fighting around you. On world 5, as you can probably guess, I fought a lot of resistance fighters. For some, I would have to raise my shooting a little more. For others, I need more appearance. You really have to play and tweak it because there really is no "best" build.

Cheers bud, will certainly be having a lot of fun towards the middle of 2010 when I plan to have a fully specced pure dueller :laugh:

DeletedUser

Only thing I have to say is are you more aggressive or more passive at dueling?

If you are more aggressive 139 tactics is way too high, if you duel offensively 90% of the time you are only using your tactics skills 10% of the time... a waste if you ask me.

You can put 50 of those tactics in dodging and use it 100% of all duels... or split it up into a number of different skills.

Yup, yup... It bears repeating. ALL BUILDS ARE SITUATIONAL. I was posting a good generic build at that level, IMO. One that was balanced against both resistance fighters and shooters, offense and defense. It would have to be tweaked depending on the circumstances, from there.

But, I will say that in my opinion, Appearance / Tactics are more useful than Dodge.

DeletedUser

I know It's your opinion... it's everyone's opinion, no best build etc...

I just think it's a waste to put tactics sooo high if you are an aggressive dueler. For me I duel 2-6 duels daily, and get hit once a day, maybe every two days, a waste of tactics IMO. I'd rather go 100% dexterity and put tactics into other SPs... but like you said it's all circumstantial and all opinion.

Also, every build has it's pluses and minuses. with your build you will win most defensive duels and probably more offensive than defensive, but not kill the competition.

My build of 100% dexterity, take out at least 50 tactics and split it up into appearance, dodge, etc... I will KO 75% of duels offensively and win 90%+ of duels, but defensively I must camp out and hide most of the time and attack and keep my enemies KOed.

All in your style of play (-=

DeletedUser

KD,

Yeah, my build is for domination in terms of winning duels, but you're right, probably won't guarantee KOs. My build will frustrate people in that they know once they've been hit, it's not even worth it to try to hit you back...

But, we aren't really arguing the soundness of the build, but preference in terms of play-style...;)

DeletedUser14006

Thank you for all the input so far ;)

Anyone else who wants to add their opinion, your views are very much welcomed :)

DeletedUser

only 20 Hp, --> you health points will be only 1210 at lvl 99
i still prefer a pure Hp build and become a "fort superman" :laugh: