BEST Player for W3

• Thread starter DeletedUser1855
  • Start date

DeletedUser1855

Guys,

Who is the best player of W3 and why? Do not nominate yourself :).

I think DancingGirl, though she is the biggest issue for me and my town right now. She is very active and have well balanced skills (I think).

Any other nomination?

DeletedUser1105

Something like this is very hard to judge. What do you call the best player? Someone who donates the most money to a town? Someone who is the highest level? The best dueller? The best builder?

That said, I can always put a poll up for you if you get enough nominations :)

DeletedUser

He said Best Player. Best Dueler would be Best Dueler and so on. :rolleyes:

IMO the best Player would be the person who contributes to the dynamics of the world. Bringing on new folks and not-so-new folks. Using The West platform to bring enjoyment, excitment and direction to the masses and not just for petty personal fueds.

Asasina, Ronan Lynch and Snakes Belly would be my choices.

Without these type of players the worlds would be dead and boring.

DeletedUser3543

From my dealings with her [about 30 levels ago!!!!] I would have to say Dancing Girl too.

Very consistent player, that has been right up there since the very beginning, and one hell of an adversary!

DeletedUser

If DancingGirl is the best player, why does she always need YellowMoon to take a fall and give her her target's dueling stance before she hits?

Without taking dueling into account, in my opinion, believe it or not, MadAlice was the best player. He played the game like a clockwork, in the most efficient way possible - in a game like this, that is a true measure of the 'best'. Along with that, he did a large subset of leadership qualities; he just lacked some essentials, which if had existed, he'd have actually made the US union succeed - instead of it being a set of a hundred almost ghost towns. Oh wait, if he had those qualities, he would still be in the UTW; uh, so nevermind.

If dueling is taken into account, I'd put kroesus as the best player. He struggled with a gimp'ed template, yet managed to revamp into an extremely effective template - then not only did he make up for the amount of money needed in respec'ing, getting the best equipment and the lost time in gaining dueling xp, but has even managed to get to close to #1 on the dueling ranks.

mekolp, I would call the one of the most knowledgeable players; I think his only failing was his single minded focus on getting Hernando's sword. If he didn't spend all that time looking for the piece of note 1, he would right now be the top dueler on this world, along with one of the higher levels.

Again without dueling in mind, Srrr is just second to MadAlice.

As far as the multiplayer aspect of the game is concerned, LiveHappy would be among the top. Despite duel farming, it is impressive how he managed to get Best in the West and Better in the West to turn out to be the best dueling towns. Duel farming is something plenty of people have known off from the beginning of w3, and enough in those plenty to have no issues with it; but LiveHappy managed to get enough duelers together to make it happen. Other than that, BITW has been a very strong force throughout the life of this world, being one of the three major dueling powers on w3.

There were plenty of really good players earlier in the game, who quit a while ago though - IamLegend was as good a template and at leveling as MadAlice, but also a soldier, giving him access to weapons much quicker, giving him a definite edge over MadAlice in dueling, while still making him one of the top levels.

Andragon defined building - on other worlds, he is pretty much the inventor of the melee toughness/reflex tank template (I am not sure if it was his idea, but he was definitely one of the first successful duelers to utilize it).

The leaders of both the Perditions Empire and the Forrest Empire ran a pretty tight ship, except that the Forrest empire lost it's leadership due to internal issues on multiple worlds. At one time Perditions Wake had the best builders and some of the best duelers on the world.

NoYes would have been a great town, except - well, a non-English speaking crowd on an English based world on a game intended to be 'massively multi-player', ideally supposed to be enhancing the game experience with co-operation and co-ordination between players; uh yeah, I guess we know where they went.

I would also say DragonKnight (I believe that was his IG name), the top dueler for a long time, was a very good player. Despite having a template, which we now know doesn't really work (mobility spec'd dueler), he was the top dueler for a long, long time.

Then there were hightower, jirki88 and a bunch more, but I don't know too much about each of them since my interaction with them was limited. All I know is that jirki88 would come into town, drop a whole bunch of cash when we'd run low, and go on walkabout again, never asking for as much as a counselors seat in return!

That completes the list from my side! :)

DeletedUser3543

Perditions is still there.

Quietly getting on with it's business and preparations ;)

DeletedUser

One more for MadAlice.

Always at the top of the ranking board, organized the biggest union, very influential on every aspect of the game.

As of those still playing and my own experiences - Ronan Lynchjavascript:AjaxWindow.show('profile',{char_id:226586}, '226586');

DeletedUser

Top of ranking board, yes; he deserves that.
"biggest" union? Ahem.

DeletedUser

well at some point you should agree, cus UTW used to build its union towns, and US worked on joining them. so at some point US was focused on quantity when UTW more on quality. both ways are good, sadly some folks ruined the posibility to see which way would fit better in this particular sittuation

DeletedUser

Now it's all just a bunch of towns and some tumbleweeds. UTW going the same way as USPO.

Poor leadership.
Laxness.
Inactivity.

Very few active leaders left in W3 now so I say to you all, look out for your own towns now founders. Start to localise your alliances for the Forts and in this quiet period, push your citizens to finish their respective quest lines.

Please message me in game should you wish to confer further on the state of W3.

Regards
Dazzy

DeletedUser

dazzy glad you woke up also :)

the higher the alliance is the harder it falls. also the whole world is dieing, but hey we have excelent forum where you cna relax and talk about everything you like. at least that makes up for the dieing game. lol

DeletedUser3717

dazzy glad you woke up also :)

the higher the alliance is the harder it falls. also the whole world is dieing, but hey we have excelent forum where you cna relax and talk about everything you like. at least that makes up for the dieing game. lol

The game isn't dieing, The game is actually thriving with players. Juts most of them don't sign up for forums.

DeletedUser

maybe there is some reason why they woulnt do that? never thought of it ?

DeletedUser3717

maybe there is some reason why they woulnt do that? never thought of it ?

Because they are on tribal wars forums? or perhaps people with an attitude such as yours makes them feel unwelcome.

DeletedUser

well at some point you should agree, cus UTW used to build its union towns, and US worked on joining them. so at some point US was focused on quantity when UTW more on quality. both ways are good, sadly some folks ruined the posibility to see which way would fit better in this particular sittuation

Quantity versus Qualiity; the jury is still out on that one?
I don't know, Latetia Casta? Or 35 Margaret Thatcher's.. Gee, I wonder ;)

DeletedUser1105

Laetitia Casta is a spectacularly good looking woman. Margaret Thatcher is, well, not so good looking.

He was saying quality over quantity, I think.