Be careful about what you see in your backpack

DeletedUser

Today I joined a new town and needed to get that donkey. I bought it at the general store when I arrived and lo and behold....all of a sudden there were 2 in my pack. So what do I do? Sell one back to the store right? Now I have neither the donkey or the money. This rather sucks. Nice on Christmas Day. Must be one of them Wall Street investors running our General Store.:mad::p

Yeah....I said it.

wonder how that happened ( in all seriousness )

Anyone know if there's a way to ticket that to the Admin?

DeletedUser

I didn't get what happened, how many times did you click the mouse or something? WTF :huh:

DeletedUser

I came into town with money I earned along the way for the donkey. I bought it at the store and ended up with 2 in the backpack. I didn't have the cash to buy 2. I immediately sold one back to the store and now I have no donkey or the money.

DeletedUser

Surprise surprise! I guess that's the first time you ever bought something in this game, because that happens everytime you get something. It's a bug, and you just got swindled out of $125

DeletedUser

Actually this started becoming commonplace after the item stacking update came out. It is a simple bug; just click out of the window and open your inventory - there will only be one there.

DeletedUser

Yeah I have seen this happen before, so to make sure you see the correct items displayed do a page refresh.

DeletedUser

I came into town with money I earned along the way for the donkey. I bought it at the store and ended up with 2 in the backpack. I didn't have the cash to buy 2. I immediately sold one back to the store and now I have no donkey or the money.

so u tried to use a bug in your favour and got gangbanged...

:p:p:p:p

DeletedUser

Actually this started becoming commonplace after the item stacking update came out. It is a simple bug; just click out of the window and open your inventory - there will only be one there.

We have a winner.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I've heard of this happening before... Your not going to get your money back from the admin anyhow, so just start working to get it back.

DeletedUser

Thats old problem for me. I once wanted to buy a precice slingshot. I bought it, but it didn't appered to my inventory, so I thought it was a bug and I bougth it again. But later it turned out that I had bought two of them. Well next time I know better. So should you.

DeletedUser

I see this as the "greedy test". You thought you won $125 and sold back the donkey, you actually lost $125.

When this first happened to me, I was buying a black headband for $72 from a foreign town. I saw 2 headbands in my backpack, my reaction was: "Whoa, I don't need two, did it subtract the amount for two from my account?" I didn't sell back the second, thinking: "I made a mistake, no need to rush and make another one before knowing what happened". I investigated, it got only the price for one from my account. I looked in the backpack, there was only one item. I equipped it, went back to inventory and the shop - yep, only one item. So, only a glitch, no harm done (except that I found a black headband within two hours from the next job).

There are at least three kinds of players:
- the focused, or "I came to buy the donkey to do the quest, first I will complete the quest, then I will investigate what happened";
- the inquisitive, like me: first investigate, than make the decision accordingly.
- the greedy, or "I got a donkey for free, let's sell it quickly". Only these ones lose money.

DeletedUser8054

It doesnt actually give you 2, its happened to me a few times, it shows it right after you bought the item but if you close the window and go to your inventory it shows only 1.

DeletedUser

I thought everyone knew that the Siamese donkeys were joined at the hip.

DeletedUser

Happens all the time to me, looks like you tryed to exploit the situation in your favour. Unlucky. :p

DeletedUser

so u tried to use a bug in your favour and got gangbanged...

:p:p:p

Yeah! That's why he is posting it on the forums, so the admins can smash him with a banhammer!

:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator: