Bat Masterson's TOP GUN Invitational

DeletedUser529

This is not a new idea as I have seen this idea in a thread before, all I am attempting to do is re-create it again....

GEM has given permission to hold a contest with nuggets as a grand prize and there can be secondary prizes as well. I have attached my name to this as I will be funding this contest with nuggets and other items of interest to players/towns/forts.

I would like the help of other players who know how to run and manage such contests. Organizers, judges etc......If a MODERATOR could over-see this event that would be good....

Basically it is like this:

I am putting up this thread for the input of others to see firstly what you think of it and to get ideas from you to see what you want to see in this contest. I will sponsor it and if others wish to participate and donate nuggets that would be more than welcome.....

So lets hear it guys and gals, YOUR IDEAS..........

After I get some helpers and a list of ideas from you, this TEAM will start organizing this EVENT into something worthwhile.....

Mail me if you wish to volunteer....

Thank you......

HAVE FUN ENJOY THIS GAME....

DeletedUser

Ummm . . . are we supposed to suggest a game? Because you didn't tell us what the game is . . .

DeletedUser5238

its a duelling competition...... i think

im up for taking part

helping organise...... i'll pass

DeletedUser

I'm with steve-O, you can KO me, I don't have time to do any work.

DeletedUser16628

I'm in for the dueling but for organization my landscape company takes all my time.kman may want to organize

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

uh, can i be in it? organizing it, well, uhm........... i think we could do it together lol. get a list of people in it, and then pair people up. i call not dueling steviefow. lol.

DeletedUser544

I would love to participate
and will help organize as long as I'm not the ONLY sorry soul doing it =)

DeletedUser

If InnoGames is supplying nuggets, I'm pretty sure it has to be an Open and not an Invitational.

DeletedUser

Bat said it was coming out of his nuggets. Suppose hes taking advantages of the new ability to transfer nuggets.

"I have attached my name to this as I will be funding this contest with nuggets and other items of interest to players/towns/forts."

Though I did notice he suggested there might be other donations, so ... is this in any way affiliated with the InnoGames company Bat?

DeletedUser

nm, misunderstood that part. If he's supplying the nuggets, an invitational is probably fine.

DeletedUser529

Bat said it was coming out of his nuggets. Suppose hes taking advantages of the new ability to transfer nuggets.

"I have attached my name to this as I will be funding this contest with nuggets and other items of interest to players/towns/forts."

Though I did notice he suggested there might be other donations, so ... is this in any way affiliated with the InnoGames company Bat?

NOT IN ANY way affilated with Innogames, this is totally a private venture.

I thought of this idea of a contest and thought I would re-introduce this idea back with the new idea of nuggett transfer. So it makes a player donated contest very feasible. Which I will supply.

A duelling contest of course, what else does a top gun contest mean?

If there is anyone out there that would like to help in organziing it, advertising it to all the players etc...

DeletedUser41

I will be in it, i can also draw up some fair rules for people to look at and agree/disagree with.

I must state, the rules will most certainly have to be a two legged affair, one attack each with average damage used to decide a winner. Although again, people have different HP levels. Could get complicated but i am sure we can come up with something.

Would have to initially be grouped to give an even class balance for the final shoot offs.

Workers v Workers until 2 left standing
Adventurers v Adventures until 2 left standing
Duelers v Duelers until 2 left standing
Soldiers v Soldiers until 2 left standing.

Then random draw for quarters with these last 8 with no two classes aloud to duel each other again until the final.

I think this will at least give every class a fair crack at the whip as Soldiers will have the upper hand in most cases. This way, soldiers have a tough route beating each other for the 2 qualifying slots and then have to face the best of the best in other classes.

ANyway, thats my initial thoughts on the draw process at least, determining the winner and what not will have to be worked on.

DeletedUser544

that makes sense to me I agree we need to strive to make it fair and balanced for all those complainers who didn't choose soldier for their class =)

DeletedUser529

Excellent guys, thanks for your input.....

I would like to see a fair contest and see that everyone has some level of fun and of course interest in this CONTEST...

The more interest that is shown the better it will be....

The key to it's success is PLAYER PARTICIPATION. The more players that participate the better it will be.....

Let's be open minded and contribute ideas.....

Looking forward to seeing this happen......:)

DeletedUser529

See the lack of interest in this I will be removing myself as sponsor of this failed event....Like any event there has to e interest and if very few players show any interest it is CANCEL due to the lack of interest....Too bad I bought a boat load of nuggets just for this contest.....OH WELL....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser632

it's not the lack of interest in this particular contest, it's the lack of players on the forum i'm afraid..

DeletedUser1121

i would like to join..
don't know if i'm good enough yet.. currently reskilling