ban the fire and ice set like the geranimo set

DeletedUser8627

One more feature is the ranking system which has changed a bit. Before the player with the most plays won all sets of the WoF at the end of the event. Now there is a special weapon set (Ice and fire) that only the top player per world gets (Excluding all closed worlds on .net - worlds 2, 5, 6, 9 and 10). These worlds are not applicable to receive the final rewards.

There was a small issue on worlds 5 and 9 which I had to sort out manually.

Deleted User - 1278415

As a previous winner of w9 last 2 events Im glad to hear that if I didn't get the prized set that I didn't miss anything by not going for 1st this time :) happy dance.

DeletedUser16008

Fire and Ice is wayyyy overpowered. Don't like it don't agree with it and its well out of kilter, should have been the full 3 sets as usual nothing more.

DeletedUser1121

Funny how people turned a thread that was about banning the whole set into one in which they actually want more per world

DeletedUser

Funny how people turned a thread that was about banning the whole set into one in which they actually want more per world

greeed! also remember the original stats posted were stronger then they are now but they tweaked em quite fast, still they are holy damn strong weapons

DeletedUser8627

greeed! also remember the original stats posted were stronger then they are now but they tweaked em quite fast, still they are holy damn strong weapons

Stats on beta may not always be a true reflection when they hit EN. Beta is just that - Beta.

MFRavenhawk

My only problem with the Fire and Ice set is convincing folks that they benefit the entire group..at least those in and adjacent to sector I am in...rather than just myself :/

DeletedUser

I understand the basic premise of a tie in this event, but seeing as both of them were from the same town, it seems to me as this was an obvious abuse of the event. They obviously communicated to achieve this tie (in my opinion). 2 players with the fire and ice set on w16 from the same town, so therefore same alliance. But the set isn't overpowered "because we're only giving one per world"....

/me is disgruntled

DeletedUser

I understand the basic premise of a tie in this event, but seeing as both of them were from the same town, it seems to me as this was an obvious abuse of the event. They obviously communicated to achieve this tie (in my opinion). 2 players with the fire and ice set on w16 from the same town, so therefore same alliance. But the set isn't overpowered "because we're only giving one per world"....

/me is disgruntled

didn't with a previous tombola this happened as well, not only on .net but on some romanian world as well where 20 folks were shared 1 and they decided to only give the set to the person who reached that rank first.

quite weird on dako both get a price where in previous tombola's it didn't happened with a tied score, but i guess that you can't really do that as inno since 1 f the players is known to have spend 100s and 100s of thousands of nugs already

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I find it more funny, that someone with your experience from the game and forums actually think that, and furthermore post it. I mean, when did the whole community agree on something, and no one had different opinions that were voiced??? Oh I forgot, all the time, of course ;)

-xq

DeletedUser19518

Will someday non premium have the chance to get a set like that? Can bonds have the same value as nuggets?
To be honest i really am not upset who take the set cuz he win the competition so well done and congrats.
My point will be always the same.. will HARD WORK non premiums get the same advantages as premium?

zvrndo

I have no problems with F/I set at all. Is it strong? Yes, it is.Do I want one? Sure I do, but I cant afford it.I'm a big boy, and I know my limits.But for someone who is willing to spend bunch of real money for a CHANCE to get that set, I just can say: its your money and its your game mate.In RL everyone paying to have something better, bigger, cooler...its a same with the games too.This is a free game, and you can play it without spending a dime for it...but also you can buy yourself some advantages.That is the way how this game exist btw.INNO must earn money for this game still be alive. I know many people cant afford to spend RL money for a game, but those who can...be my guest, its your decision.Should we ban Ferrari,Lamborghini... from the streets becouse they are overpowered, tooo cool, too fast etc.95% of population cant buy those cars, so we should ban them? Those cars take all attention, pick up all chicks, so others drivers stand no chance against them.Is it fair for other drivers presence of that cars?We gonna ban them for that?Guys...grow up...money can buy almost everything on the world...This is the way how this blue ball spins.If you want something-pay for it.Quite simple.The only issue I see about I/F set is decreasing power of it.When tombola started, people saw stats of the set, and decide to take a shot, spend money, and try to get it.Probably many spend RL money for the game first time, atracted by set stats.And somehow, in the middle of campain, power of set is decreased.Lame...

DeletedUser

Will someday non premium have the chance to get a set like that? Can bonds have the same value as nuggets?
To be honest i really am not upset who take the set cuz he win the competition so well done and congrats.
My point will be always the same.. will HARD WORK non premiums get the same advantages as premium?

nope, nope and nope.

besides you can have maximum of 2000 bonds plus those letters you have in inventory. and probably,for F&I set, winner spend several thousands of nuggets.

DeletedUser22685

I'd say that several thousand is an understatement on some worlds. Others were lower than I expected.

DeletedUser

I think this whole debates stems from the people who couldn't afford to be in the race for the F and I set. I knew I wouldn't stand a chance and didn't have that kind of money to blow so I went for the regular sets only, much of which I got through trading and the market. At the end of the day, 1 set rewarded to someone is not a game changer, it is not an unfair advantage to everyone, and it is as such a loyalty reward to 1 person per world. It is however so grossly unfair to the people who want to set records and have rankings in west forts.

People need to get over their jealousy, get over their "it's not fair premium players get all the breaks" and get on with the game. If the reward was the sword of a thousand truths, we would have a point here, but, it wasn't. So get over it!

Premium will always have advantage as they are the people paying to keep the servers online, the games updated and the programmers in a job for the game that the non-premium whiners like to play. Premium players need to be rewarded as they are the bread and butter of the game, not the freeloaders who constantly complain about it being unfair that they are looked over, so, I say congratulations to all the winners of the Fire and Ice sets and thanks for keeping the game alive!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is that so? I see most of the complaining here was by players who use premium to some extent or those who came 2nd or 3rd. I fully agree on your take on the F&I set, but I disagree on your take on the non premiums. Who said we all whine all the time and premiums don't?

DeletedUser

Is that so? I see most of the complaining here was by players who use premium to some extent or those who came 2nd or 3rd. I fully agree on your take on the F&I set, but I disagree on your take on the non premiums. Who said we all whine all the time and premiums don't?

Agreed. I am whining the loudest and I am VERY much a premium player. Spent close to (if not well over) 20-30k nuggs on alamogordo just to end up in 2nd place. I just literally could not afford to buy more nuggets (unless I wanted my home to be foreclosed :p ) so I had to stop when i ran out...

DeletedUser

the set is too overpowered, it's gonna make who ever gets it a god among ants in their world.

Harsha..

Premium will always have advantage as they are the people paying to keep the servers online, the games updated and the programmers in a job for the game that the non-premium whiners like to play. Premium players need to be rewarded as they are the bread and butter of the game, not the freeloaders who constantly complain about it being unfair that they are looked over, so, I say congratulations to all the winners of the Fire and Ice sets and thanks for keeping the game alive!

I wont mind, as long as there's only one of these things on each world. But, really - ViriM has a point, for the game to be really fun, every item in the game has to be made "obtainable" to non-preimum players. For instance, the doc's set - PA guys get a short cut to the items. Non-PA guys have access to the tombola, with a little bit of luck - or in-game cash, they have a shot at getting the item. So, it's fair. F&I is different in that context and it could set a bad precedent for the future (I'm thinking of a system which rewards players with clothing as they spend a certain amount of nuggets)

Another thing - in the past there were no such thing as tombolas - the devs made money from the four premiums. That served the game fine, still does. I do understand that if more money goes in, the game improves; but it is ridiculous to suggest that the game will "die" without these events

Last edited:

DeletedUser

i still wonder why a tied score, seeing they are townies they did it deliberately gets rewarded with twice the fire and ice set, where in previous tombola's only 1 would get the price? if we suddenly gonna reward tied #1 spots shouldn't those who got refused those prices in the past still get it?