Rejected Balancing the Shaman - Poll

World 1: Do you want the prices of attribute points to change when recovering?

• Yes, I feel that it would be best for this world when doing quests.

Votes: 88 54.3%
  • I'm neutral, if it changes, well then it changes.

Votes: 23 14.2%
  • No thank you. I prefer playing in the only classic world available without any further changes.

Votes: 51 31.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

technically, you still get 5 flavors, even if you don't like them all, so 1 ap = 5 sp, but not all sp are created equal.

Opportunity Cost: you have 2 options, spending more money and less time waiting, or spending less money and more time waiting.
Correction:
You have a third option
Reduce the Attribute decay by $50 a day, instead of $10 a day
That's what this thread is all about, or do you deliberately keep overlooking that fact?

My prediction:
-Neo- will be back to refute this option real soon

DeletedUser9470

technically, you still get 5 flavors, even if you don't like them all, so 1 ap = 5 sp, but not all sp are created equal.

which is the whole point of the game.
you actually have to think ahead when attributing and moving skills, especially APs...

If SPs were that more important peeps should be asking that their cost should be increased. not that APs cost should be decreased.
This way it would give a logical improvement feel to the idea.
Instead all peeps seem to ask is to make the game easier for themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

the third option totally does away with the opportunity cost set by the devs.....

The Iceman

We did a little better on the World 1 Ingame Forum :)

Survey:How much should the price of AP points go down by in a day?
Voting result
$50 - 76.38%: - 97 Votes
$10 - 25.2%: - 32 Votes
Number of voters: 127

DeletedUser

It still doesn't reach the 80% required, and the poll here is faring much worse for you. The opposition to this idea has grown, rather than diminished, over the nearly two weeks that it has been up. I would recommend that the poll be closed for this reason.

DeletedUser22575

It still doesn't reach the 80% required, and the poll here is faring much worse for you. The opposition to this idea has grown, rather than diminished, over the nearly two weeks that it has been up. I would recommend that the poll be closed for this reason.

Polls run for a specific time...not until someone "recommends" they be closed. And in all fairness to those who had the poll opened this should be a world one "closed" poll not an open poll where anyone can vote in it since it effects world 1 only.

Before this poll is closed and anything is announced the votes need to be reviewed to make sure it was only world 1 players voting and not those who are not even playing world 1 making decisions through voting for it.

DeletedUser9470

Polls run for a specific time...not until someone "recommends" they be closed. And in all fairness to those who had the poll opened this should be a world one "closed" poll not an open poll where anyone can vote in it since it effects world 1 only.

Before this poll is closed and anything is announced the votes need to be reviewed to make sure it was only world 1 players voting and not those who are not even playing world 1 making decisions through voting for it.

how much time do polls run for?
coming up to 1 month in a few days...

How would you know which of the players who have voted here play w1 or not?

DeletedUser

It's been said before that this idea affects all worlds, not just w1.

DeletedUser22575

It's been said before that this idea affects all worlds, not just w1.

Anything can be said.

The poll says..

World 1: Do you want the prices of attribute points to change when recovering?
Yes, I feel that it would be best for this world when doing quests.
I'm neutral, if it changes, well then it changes.
No thank you. I prefer playing in the only classic world available without any further changes

I think that speaks for itself.

how much time do polls run for?
coming up to 1 month in a few days...

How would you know which of the players who have voted here play w1 or not?

Normally polls are opened for a specific period of time and that is stated somewhere in the poll area itself. It does appear that was not done this time.

You would think that they have someway of knowing who has voted..and how. Other forums I belong to do.

And it should be possible for them to lock a poll to where only those from a specific world can vote on it.

DeletedUser

If you bothered to read the thread at all, you would find that that speaks for itself.

DeletedUser22575

Look Rice Farmer, I neither have time to read the entire thread, nor care to since I do not play world 1.

I have posted here simple because I do not think it is fair for others to be voting in a poll that according to the poll is for world 1. That indicates it is for world 1 players.

If it is not it should clearly state it effects all players on all worlds in the poll, not in the thread.

In the long run polls really mean little. All they mean is an idea gets enough votes to be forwarded to the devs for possible implementation. Not that just because a poll passed it will will be automatically implemented.

But since this poll is indicated as for world 1 it should only be world 1 players voting on it only, and if it passes it would then get sent to the developers and let them decide if this is something they want to implement on world 1 only, or if they could not do so because it would impact on other worlds, or because they just flat out did not feel like implementing it.

If you have something from a Mod or Community Manage in the thread that states it will effect all worlds (not something from a player flapping his gums) then just post it.

DeletedUser

If you have something from a Mod or Community Manage in the thread that states it will effect all worlds (not something from a player flapping his gums) then just post it.

You didn't want to read all the way through the first post? :p

Issues that could occur is that this change will reflect globally, meaning it will also reflect on worlds that have the option 'Placate Shaman'. The option to add the 'Placate Shaman' to world 1 is non-negotiable.

DeletedUser22575

Well Elmry there appears to be a counter-diction here. If it is non negotiable as Da Twista states why was a poll even opened? Especially since Da Twista opened it. But thanks for letting my lazy self know where to look :)

As requested from Balancing the Shamun - Poll requested.

The idea here is to have a vote about the Shaman but also considering the following issues.

The Shaman, when respeccing, it takes 1 day for a skill point to recover by $10.
As with an attribute point, it also takes 1 day to recover $10, not $50 as expected because it is 5 skills points being moved. 5 skill points indeed equals $50 but should also equal 5 days (1 day = $10).

Issues that could occur is that this change will reflect globally, meaning it will also reflect on worlds that have the option 'Placate Shaman'. The option to add the 'Placate Shaman' to world 1 is non-negotiable.

I have already posted twice about other potential issues in detail.

Please see #122 and #131.

Please note that the outcome of this feature is solely at the developers discretion, if they feel that world 1 should not be changed in no way - It won't be changed. But if a positive outcome I will bring it to their attention.

TBH..I think that the only people who can really speak for the devs once they get an idea forwarded to them is the Devs. And based on their passed track record no one really has a clue what they will do no matter how common sense something seems to be..or not be to anyone else.

The devs are all to often like a Chaos Wheel. No one has a clue to where or when it will stop spinning..or what it will spit out.

DeletedUser

He means having it just affect one world isn't an option. I'm sure it would be possible to make it a server setting, but it would be a silly server setting.

DeletedUser

btw, my recommendation that the poll be closed is based on the fact, which anyone could arrive at, that the yes votes have not been anywhere near 80% since the poll first opened.

DeletedUser

The AP are more expensive since they should be carefully selected and placed when you raise 1 level.
It´s easy to find duelers that have all the AP on just 1 of the 4... i think that those are the ones that want this change to happen since they now want to do the new quests and to move 80-100 points its a massive expense.
But the problem is not now... it was when they placed everything on the same point.
Kinda like the new players on the speed worlds that go on just placing AP on the blue and SP on the fine motor skill until they get the 3 key. After that they change it to other places.
The placate the shaman is used for those things... but if you can´t pay for it, then let the money you get on the game be used for that.

On the old worlds i did all the spirit quests easily (just needed to move 25 points) since i had 3 of them opened just by using clothes and the AP i had.
For the new worlds it´s easy to get to level 120 and never have over 100k... but on the old worlds that is very normal. So you could use the money to reskill since there isn´t anything else to do with it.

DeletedUser

Question on this is this up to the mods the option of the shaman ? can it be changed without developers ?
If so and this is just a thought, why not change it for special days. So instead of 10$/50$ it would be 5$/25$ for one day only (holiday).
Why do this ? to make players have just that somethign else to get excited about and keep players more active on the off chance the special off is running.
Well just a thought, I have mentioned more than one day a year for x2 nuggets on purchase but yet haven't heard anything back on that so I am sure that was thrown out the window.:laugh:

DeletedUser9470

as there were nowhere near enough supporters of this truly absurd crusade of yours.
no

Status
Not open for further replies.