Rejected Automatic Bounty Generation

• Thread starter DeletedUser22493
  • Start date

Would you like this idea to be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22493

Link to original thread can be found <HERE>.

- There will be a two week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

- If the idea wins 80% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers. If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 79%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal
Successful dueling against other players will automatically generate a small bounty against the winner. This will only be generated on players that satisfy all three of the following: 1- initiated the duel, 2 - won the duel, 3 - recieved money from the victim.

Current Workaround
Currently bounties must be placed on a player by another player. In some worlds there are very few targets for would-be bounty hunters.

Details
When a player initiates a duel and wins the duel, an amount equivalent to 20% of the money stolen from the victim is made a bounty on that player automatically. To avoid having thousands of players in the Sheriffs roster with minor bounties, the amount would accumulate behind the scenes and would be put on the bounty list only after reaching $400 (at this point the player has made $2,000 from dueling). Players may still put bounties on each other at the same time, my suggestion would supplement an existing system. The bounty will be for live capture, not for killing the target.

Problem Prevention
The only problem I can think of is that a small amount of additional money will be introduced into the game. It is a small enough amount that I doubt it will cause a flood of cash.

Summary
Bounty hunting is not a realistic pursuit in some of the worlds and few players under level 70 have bounties on them. This minor change would generate a lot of new bounty hunting prospects with very little work on the part of dev. The beauty of the system is that only the most persistent duelers will be carrying the most bounty on their heads, and those that don't enjoy dueling need never worry about it.

DeletedUser

I had liked the concept, but it's a method of adding money to the game for nothing and exploitable. Duel as much as you want and then lose to a friend and give them the bounty. Yes, you can do the same with a normal bounty, but the money comes from another player and not out of thin air.

DeletedUser

Not only that, but it turns the computer into the judge of what’s right and wrong, and establishes automatic reaction to social behavior.

From what I’ve seen, many duelers are proud to have bounties on their heads. Why hide it?

DeletedUser

Some Duels happen because of provokation, and others dont. Wtihout heuristics to seperate and disinquish between these cases I see no point for such a thing - thus I voted "No"... I should not be bountied by the computer, for trying to nail someone who's an <bleep> towards me. the list of reasons for the bounty being applied, was not sufficent for me. And frankly, if someone has spare cash and wants to bounty somebody for attacking them, they can do that already.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is a bad idea on many levels. First as Elmyr said, its easily exploitable, second since people who are dueling to complete daily tasks are going to wind up with bounties so in a sense people are going to be punished for doing daily tasks. Third, the game needs money sinks not cash generators out of no where. More cash floating around just means higher costs for everything in the market. Lastly, the bounty system was set up as a way for the dueled to get even but it had a cost to it. This proposal corrupts that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.