At the beginning you cannot make any real mistakes.

DeletedUser

So says the newb guide :)
Having done the first 3 quests i got 3 skill points to spend so gaily tripped off and spent them.
The next quest is to spend 2 of the points (i no longer have) on vigor.
So i cant progress to get more quests so cant make xp so will never level to get more skill points to spend ? Nor does there appear to be a restart option.
Way out of this mess ?

DeletedUser

You can get experience by doing work not related to quests as well, which will help you to go to the next level. Once you reach the next level, you will get 1 attribute and 3 skill points again - you can then complete the quest. Most quests don't need to be completed immediately (although I have to add that most of the beginning quests teaches you aspects of the game).

DeletedUser

The noob guide gives a bit of a noob answer. If you know the game well then its clear that certain approaches are more optimal than others in the beginning.

At level 14 you get a pretty easy questline that on completion will allow you to spend cash to reset points you no longer want, so you can eventually rectify any silly choices you want to undo. It's still a lot faster and cheaper not to make them in the first place :)

DeletedUser

If you are talking about the Newbie Starter Guide and you think there is an error can someone please quote where the error is? I would like to fix anything that isn't clear or that is faulty. That particular guide was written for noobs, hence noob answers. No reason to go more into depth on character build when there are so many different ways to build a character. It was meant to give general information to help point someone in the right direction.

DeletedUser

I think he is referring to the training quests in-game. It says that exact thing, iirc. That "in the beginning you can't make any real mistakes".

DeletedUser

Oh! Well my statement still goes. :p

Well technically that is right and wrong. You can make mistakes but you can correct them early enough that it isn't a huge mistake. A little more direction in the ingame quests would be helpful though.

DeletedUser

Got a level cutting sugar and sorted it out. Really i should have guessed what was coming next but i jumped the gun. thanks for help all

DeletedUser

you could use the "help" guide that is presented in game....

although denisero's is a bit more in-depth... i don't think i would have had to ask half the questions i asked when i started at the forum if i used that guide form the beginning...

DeletedUser

I think he is referring to the training quests in-game. It says that exact thing, iirc. That "in the beginning you can't make any real mistakes".

Absolutely. If I had any comments on the Newbie Starter Guide in this forum I'd put them in that thread. What I've read of it has been excellent.

DeletedUser

Personally, I think that at, say, level 6 you should get a chance to reset your stats for free, then if you mess up after that you will need to use the Shaman. I have characters on several worlds and am still trying to fix my first character at huge cost. I would have just deleted and started over but I figured I would use him to see the cost of not researching the game better before starting to spend points.
With so many people creating a character and learning quickly that they spent their points unwisely, an early free reset might eliminate a lot of the inactive characters littering the landscape.

Just my opinion...

DeletedUser

I don't think by level 6 you really know enough about the game to respec. I suggested when you get the golden hawk at level 14 you be allowed on free respec. I don't think it is going to happen though.

DeletedUser

I personally think the hawk is a little late starting at 14 (and sometimes taking a while to complete) but perhaps its for the best since it stops any temptation to burn your early cash on adjusting points instead of investing in a town and equipment.

DeletedUser

Right now, the quests are not going in order (or reflecting) the guide given under Quests.

1) I had to duel Juels and got 5$

2) I had to pick Tabacoo

3) I had to scare of crows

4) I had to Stream Fish

http://www.weststats.com/Questgroup/?group=9

Not even close to what was listed.

Is this new, an issue or what?

DeletedUser

My cousin accidentally had this happen to him, but when he kept working, he was able to level up again and get the two vigor skills.

DeletedUser

one of the next quests is to pick Cane for 40 min. 40 Min is not one of my options. Does it become so after I level up or obtain enough labor points?