Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
ASVAB is arithmetic reasoning, word knowledge, paragraph comprehension and mathematics knowledge, so in theory it should be easy.

Taking the practice online, brb.

Edit: Sort of decent,
c2ixz.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you really want to be a marine go to Cadet School. My best friends son is 14 and if he want's to go to the army which hes forced to go any way he will go in as a lieutenant. or higher but hes been in Cadet School for 6 years and still has 4 years left. But you can still go for a 2 year training and then join the marines with a free pass without going through all the training course were you can get kicked out and then I you would have 1-3 year training depending on your performance in the Cadet School and the training camp and by then the war should be over and you will enter the marines with a low officer rank thanks to Cadet school. Since you did 2 years you could become a Sergent I would not say you could get any higher then that if you did this though. Well good luck hope you make a good choice.

DeletedUser8950

Don't join, especially not as a grunt. Go to college, get a masters degree, and after that... if you still want to join, you'll enter as an officer (captain+).

As a grunt, you make no difference. You're a pawn in someone else's war and you will most likely come out in a bodybag, physically disabled, or suffering from ptsd for the next 10+ years.

War is not an adventure, it is an experience in total, [crap]-in-your-pants, horror. You watch your friends die from gut wounds that make you think of your mother's spagetti, you carry with you the questioning eyes of the kid you shot, his lips forever voicing some words foriegn, haunting you for decades after, "what did he say, what did he say?". You will find your weapons frequently jammed, adding to the fear of the moment when every single shot counts. And when you rise up to take a shot, if you are not shot in return, you will find no targets. Only human beings acting with the same deluded feelings of honor and purpose.

What is a truer purpose, but that of providing for your children, being there for your parents, sharing your life with the one you love? Fighting on foriegn soil does not bring purpose to your existence, it strips it raw, leaving you with a hollow core of inner turmoil. If you do battle, take lives in conflict, you will learn about yourself that which would have been better left unvisited. Like a crime of passion, a crime of lust, it will change you forever, destroying the many opportunities you presently hold in your hand. It will leave you with little more than the memory of the crimes you personally committed, of those you witnessed, and of the hardship you will have to endure for having volunteered to participate.

And if these words mean nothing to you, I'm sorry.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hellstromm again":mad:
Nice post, sums up my views, but in a slightly more...stunning way

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't join, especially not as a grunt. Go to college, get a masters degree, and after that... if you still want to join, you'll enter as an officer (captain+).

As a grunt, you make no difference. You're a pawn in someone else's war and you will most likely come out in a bodybag, physically disabled, or suffering from ptsd for the next 10+ years.

War is not an adventure, it is an experience in total, [crap]-in-your-pants, horror. You watch your friends die from gut wounds that make you think of your mother's spagetti, you carry with you the questioning eyes of the kid you shot, his lips forever voicing some words foriegn, haunting you for decades after, "what did he say, what did he say?". You will find your weapons frequently jammed, adding to the fear of the moment when every single shot counts. And when you rise up to take a shot, if you are not shot in return, you will find no targets. Only human beings acting with the same deluded feelings of honor and purpose.

What is a truer purpose, but that of providing for your children, being there for your parents, sharing your life with the one you love? Fighting on foriegn soil does not bring purpose to your existence, it strips it raw, leaving you with a hollow core of inner turmoil. If you do battle, take lives in conflict, you will learn about yourself that which would have been better left unvisited. Like a crime of passion, a crime of lust, it will change you forever, destroying the many opportunities you presently hold in your hand. It will leave you with little more than the memory of the crimes you personally committed, of those you witnessed, and of the hardship you will have to endure for having volunteered to participate.

And if these words mean nothing to you, I'm sorry.

you'r wrong id go in as a Cpl.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Trust me Alex, if it's not clearly written down, it's nothing but a false promise. Recruiters will tell you anything you want to know, just as long as you eventually sign. Recruiters are actually encouraged to lie. If they were to tell you the truth, you would never sign up in the first place.

By your quick dismissal of that presented, I can only surmise you placed plenty of "hope" into your joining the military. Hope prevails where despair exists, and thus I suspect your motivations are a desperate escape from your present life. It is obvious we cannot influence your decision, without first addressing that which you are running from.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Recruiters will tell you anything you want to know, just as long as you eventually sign. Recruiters are actually encouraged to lie. If they were to tell you the truth, you would never sign up in the first place.

It's true, every teacher has the course that's going to put you in the money and every recruiter sees potential in you. It's not all lying but almost always misleading.

Anything can happen, if you had the motivation you could be doing an interview for Oxbridge as a mature student in a few years, I don't have that motivation but it's not out of the question. The same goes for pretty much anything, including the Military.

It looks like your frustrated with something.

you are making a bold asumption there hellstormm

Have you read Alex's posts?

DeletedUser

Of course he's desperate to escape his current life, he's 18!
Life just started getting really hard, and he doesn't realise yet that there is no escaping that....

DeletedUser

although i said i was never going to post in off topic again life just started getting hard?
do you evean know me?!

1. 2 years old , lost my grandpa
  2. 5 years old , got my ass kicked for the first time
  3. 5 years old , i saw a true *****
  4. 6 years old , got my ass kicked again
  5. 7 years old , lost my favorite aunt
  6. 8 years old , already had to start learning sex terms so that i wouldent be embarresed to death every time someone talked because the conversaition was always sex!
  7. 9 yeara old , my dad died , this was the first time i became sucideal
  8. 10 years old , i began to become very depreassed
  9. 11 years old , i became sucideal again although this time it became puplic
  10. 11 years old , i got my ass kicked multiple times daily cause i was diffrent
  11. 11 years old , realized i was the only kid in my school ( litteraly ) who never had a date
  12. 11 years old , got my first broken bone
  13. 13 years old , i smoked my first cigarate aganst my own will it was forced into my mouth and held
  14. 14 years old , i was stabbed for the first time in my life
need i go on!
put it this way think before you post ok?

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.