Appearance/tactics or Dodging?

DeletedUser

Well, I've looked all over the place for this but ive never really found a sure conclusion. Cuz ive heard that its not worth it to take appearance or tactics since dodging is worth both combined. I think this makes alot of sense, its quite logical but i want to be sure before i spend 1000's into taking all my appearance and putting it into shooting, aim, reflex dodging etc. So any help is appreciated....oh and also if anybody is a more comprehensive guide on skill distribution for a dueler, id be happy to see it.

Again if any of this is in another thread im really sorry, I did look but I just couldnt find *exactly* what i was looking for. Thanks in advance.

DeletedUser363

I would have to disagree. Just because you have a high dodging, doesn't mean you are never going to get hit. And if you do get hit, the damage will be really high because you won't have high appearance or tactics. Also, appearance and tactics are used in jobs, while dodging isn't.

DeletedUser

im aware of that but...isnt the point of appearance and tactics specifically to reduce ur opponents aim? and isnt increasing ur dodging worth exactly the same as decreasing his aim? in that case, dodging would be twice as good since you need tactics for defense and appearance for attacks, while dodging is useful in both. Of course i completely agree with the fact taht appearance is far more useful for jobs, and thats the only reason I havent yet started taking points out of it. If annyone can disprove what I said above though, I wont have to make any changes whatsoever...although a guide still would be nice for attributes and skills...

DeletedUser363

Tactics doesn't decrease your opponents aim, it lowers the damage when you are attacked. And appearence increases your damage when you attack, if its higher than your opponents tactics.

DeletedUser

This is taken out of the duel section in "help" found in the game itself...

If the tactic skill of the defender is higher than the appearance skill of the attacker, the attackers attack value goes down. If it is lower, the attack value of the defender goes down. The bigger the difference between the skills, the more the attack value is lowered.

DeletedUser363

Exactly, so the damage done to you is lowered. It doesn't say it reduces your opponents aim.

DeletedUser

It might be food for you to consult the help section before getting onto the forums and asking questions.

DeletedUser

let me add a little bit more information here:

If the tactic skill of the defender is higher than the appearance skill of the attacker, the attackers attack value goes down. If it is lower, the attack value of the defender goes down. The bigger the difference between the skills, the more the attack value is lowered.
[...]
The attack value is decided by your aiming skill.

As we can see, the appearance and tactis determine the "attack value" which is directly related to the aiming skill...

And JF, I wasnt asking what appearance and tactics do, i was only interested in wether or not it is more worthwhile to invest points in to the both of them, or into dodging. In other words, the question is: which is better, rewducing your opponents aim or increasing your dodging?

DeletedUser

yes, dodging might be better... but it doesn't affect any jobs.

DeletedUser

alright, so can we all agree on this or are there still some skeptics out there?

If not can we conclude that:
For pure dueling, dodging is much better.
For...well quests and jobs and NOT so pure dueling...you might wanna go for tactics and appearance.
?

DeletedUser

well in theory you can be a pure dueler...its just pretty annoying...SO i guess appearance and tactics ARE a good idea...so what do you guys say in terms of how many points to put into them relative to your level and to each other?

DeletedUser

I wish I knew aswell bro, it seems we have the same objective... to find out how to become the most effective Dueler in terms of where to spend skill/attribute points :)

DeletedUser

That would be for you to discover, you can't be a perfect dueler, you just got to find the build wich is best against most other duelers.

DeletedUser

lol arent we all just looking to be perfect? well for now im concentrating mostly on appearance and very little on tactics since i get attacked VERY rarely... sooo i basically have 16 appearance and 6 tactics lol... maybe a little unbalanced but... i think its appropriate. if i get attacked ill just strike back

DeletedUser

Sound! I was concentrating on dodging but it seems that skill isnt used in Quests/Skills so it leaves you stuck for a while ^^

So appearance it is...

DeletedUser363

I basically got a 3 to 1 appearance to tactics ratio. (86 appearance, 32 tactics).

DeletedUser

yeah that sounds good dragon...well thanks for the help guys. Im guessing that answers everybodys problems? it certainly answered my question.

DeletedUser

let me add a little bit more information here:

[...]
The attack value is decided by your aiming skill.

As we can see, the appearance and tactis determine the "attack value" which is directly related to the aiming skill...

And JF, I wasnt asking what appearance and tactics do, i was only interested in wether or not it is more worthwhile to invest points in to the both of them, or into dodging. In other words, the question is: which is better, rewducing your opponents aim or increasing your dodging?

That is what I understood from the help section too - appearance helps you hit your opponent when attacking, tactics helps you avoid being hit when defending. Its like reflex and toughness, half of the time your points in them will not count, but they help jobs. Aim and dodge are always useful in duels but don't help any jobs.