Advent Calendar

DeletedUser34295

I doubt it crossed their mind that they were preventing players from completing a distinct quest when they changed it. Hopefully once it's been brought to their attention, they'll fix it so that this isn't the case. That said, I don't really like your chances of being able to complete the quest without waiting a year, but you never know.

As for completing the prayer achievement after already receiving the sled, I assume it will still give you a second one.

Thanks for the info, though I doubt my chances are good either way since I now completed the repeatable version this year. Will probably mess everything up either way. I wouldn't mind waiting a year if it was confirmed to be fixed to next year. I'm not really in a hurry :p

DeletedUser35101

Sorry all.. but this isn't new thing.. but old one.. not getting sleds from Maya in return of calendar if you got them by praying first..

On 2 worlds i have only one sled due to fact that in December 2012 i've done praying part first before returning calendar to Maya and yes.. can't complete quest..

DeletedUser

Have raised a ticket regarding my problem of only getting a lousy piece of coal, even though I wasn't doing a repeatable quest. Here is the result:
Even though in NO other quests has having the item already (bought from the market) affected the quest (I have always been able to complete the quests and get a second item - one I bought and 1 FROM the quest)...with regards to the Advent Calendar, this is not true.
With the Advent Calendar, if you already own a Bag Of Marbles, you CANNOT gain a Bag of Marbles FROM the calendar. If you already own a Rod, you CANNOT get a Rod from the calendar.
So...IF you BUY one of these items from the MARKET, you must SELL them to a friend BEFORE you embark upon this quest. Even THEN there are no guarantees that it will work. :(
This has NEVER been an issue for me with ANY other quests. I bought an Apron from the market, but was still able to complete the quest to GAIN an Apron. I have done this with a number of quests. I have bought the item from the market THEN done the quest and I have successfully gained the item FROM the quest. (I then sold one of them on the market.)
But - to clarify - whether the Advent Calendar is your first time around or a repeatable, if you already own the item in question, you will NOT gain one FROM the calendar.

DeletedUser

But - to clarify - whether the Advent Calendar is your first time around or a repeatable, if you already own the item in question, you will NOT gain one FROM the calendar.

FINALLY!!!!!! 2 years ago i asked for those things to be that way. Nobody cared and bashed me.
Now they saw that if you need to make your quest with your account, you should be penalized if you sell one of those special items. (they should not be even auctionable). If you receive it from the market, you already have the quest made.

This time, looks like they moved on a good way. If you already have the item, you cannot get a duplicated.
The Sledge was strange since people that did the quest on the first year... could get 3 sledges.

With this change, if you made the quest and sold the item, you and the other should ALWAYS get the repeatable.
Thought that the repeatable of the rod was a wood chest... not a coal.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Coal isnt useless it will keep you warm on the cold prairie nights

DeletedUser34295

FINALLY!!!!!! 2 years ago i asked for those things to be that way. Nobody cared and bashed me.
Now they saw that if you need to make your quest with your account, you should be penalized if you sell one of those special items. (they should not be even auctionable). If you receive it from the market, you already have the quest made.

This time, looks like they moved on a good way. If you already have the item, you cannot get a duplicated.
The Sledge was strange since people that did the quest on the first year... could get 3 sledges.

With this change, if you made the quest and sold the item, you and the other should ALWAYS get the repeatable.
Thought that the repeatable of the rod was a wood chest... not a coal.

That's not even a reasonable thing at all. Especially not since the achievement is a hidden/secret one, you'll get no warning that you're about to screw yourself over and miss out on a quest. Seriously, there's no reason to make the quest "already finished" just 'cause you got the quest item from another available in-game source.