Advent Calendar

DeletedUser34295

Why is Maya offering me a quest that rewards a Steel Lined box and not the Christmas Sled? I haven't done the quest before.

DeletedUser

Well, I had three marbles and 13 pieces of coal. All I got was 1 lousy, useless piece of coal. No Bag of Marbles, no rod, nothing. :(
On the GOOD side, I just prayed 10 times and got my sled. YAY!!! :D

Also... MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!! :D

DeletedUser22685

Why is Maya offering me a quest that rewards a Steel Lined box and not the Christmas Sled? I haven't done the quest before.

Well, I had three marbles and 13 pieces of coal. All I got was 1 lousy, useless piece of coal. No Bag of Marbles, no rod, nothing. :(
On the GOOD side, I just prayed 10 times and got my sled. YAY!!! :D

Also... MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!! :D

Those should be the repeatables AFAIK. The way they've set them up is different to all of the other repeatable holiday quests, and IMO it looks quite easy for them to make a mistake. It seems like a bug to me if the steel/iron chests and lump of coal are being rewarded for first completions of the calendar, since I highly doubt they'd change it on purpose. If you're missing your sled, make sure you pray 10 times today and get a spare one just in case.

DeletedUser

They worked fine for me on El Dorado.

I got one sled from returning my advent calendar ( opened all doors on correct day ).

I got a second sled for praying 10 times on Christmas. Though it seemed to start counting my prayers at Christmas on the 23rd and most of them were done on the 24th.

You may want to send in a support ticket if you did not get the correct result when turning in your Advent Calendar ( chest instead of sled ). Sounds like some indicator on your account is set saying you already completed this quest previously.

DeletedUser34295

What I'm thinking is that it might be because I already have a sled. I did the praying before handing in the quest, and perhaps the quest checks for a sled in inventory and sees that I've already got one, and won't give me one as a quest reward? I don't know. I'll open a ticket and see what they say :)

Slygoxx

If you already have a sled, you will indeed not receive the quest to get a sled and you'll receive a steel chest instead.

DeletedUser34295

So basically I won't get two sleds because I did them in the wrong order? That's ridiculous, and should be noted somewhere on the wiki. It has competely screwed up what I was planning with this character and isn't in the slightest bit fair. Some people can get two, others can't 'cause it's only available one way around.

The quest should be based on whether you have finished the quest for the sled before, NOT on whether you have gotten an achievement during the year/at some point.

If you're missing your sled, make sure you pray 10 times today and get a spare one just in case.

From what we were just told, make sure you DON'T do the praying, if you want to finish all the quests or get two sleds. Apparently, you're not allowed to get two sleds if you do the one from praying first 'cause you'll only get repeatable quest after that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

What will you with two sleds though? :p

And yes,it's just the sequence which matters. Game has those if and else stuffs which will check whether you have the sled or not during the completion of the quest. There isn't a alternative.

DeletedUser34295

Game has those if and else stuffs which will check whether you have the sled or not during the completion of the quest. There isn't a alternative.

I'm well aware of how programming works, that's not the issue at hand. I believe it's a flaw to let the quest check whether you already have a sled in inventory, rather than checking if you have finished the actual quest before.

Since the sled can be obtained from two sources, the quest shouldn't check for the item, but the quest ID to ensure that you can get the correct reward even if you already got an achievement which happens to give the same reward as the quest. That's the point.

Also, it's not so much about the sled as it is about the fact that I was finishing all of the quests I could. And now I won't even get the chance to finish an original quest at all but have to jump straight to repeatables, which I think is ridiculous. Also, it's more about principle than anything, I might want to sell the sled or whatever, what I do with it has nothing to do with the error at hand.

DeletedUser33353

Toss a ticket in if you wish the quest achievement, it may help.

DeletedUser

I wasn't doing repeatable. It was my first time doing them and according to TW-DB, I should have been given either the Bag of Marbles or the rod (or whatever it's called). How come all I got was 1 piece of coal? Any ideas?

DeletedUser34295

I wasn't doing repeatable. It was my first time doing them and according to TW-DB, I should have been given either the Bag of Marbles or the rod (or whatever it's called). How come all I got was 1 piece of coal? Any ideas?

Well, you were in fact doing the repeatable one. The question is why you were given the repeatable quest instead of the normal one. My guess would be because of the same bug that I ran into, if you get the achievement with the sled, you're only given repeatable options from the quest(s).

DeletedUser22685

From what we were just told, make sure you DON'T do the praying, if you want to finish all the quests or get two sleds. Apparently, you're not allowed to get two sleds if you do the one from praying first 'cause you'll only get repeatable quest after that.

I apologise if I misled you, but this is the first year that it's worked that way and it was never mentioned that anything had changed. We only figured out what was happening whilst discussing your issue. For what it's worth, I agree that it's a stupid change.

DeletedUser

if you get the achievement with the sled, you're only given repeatable options from the quest(s)
That's the problem. I didn't HAVE the sled. :(
I got the sled AFTER I got the lousy piece of coal. :(

DeletedUser22685

I believe there was a bug in addition to the new sled requirement. You should send a support ticket if you haven't already.

DeletedUser34295

So, it won't change and I will never get two sleds nor finish the quest? That's what you get for spending money on Inno I guess. I mean seriously, why would that even be on the agenda to change? It has never, ever been an issue of any kind. Also, are you still able to get both if you do it in the correct order, or what happens with the achievement if you already finished the quest, is it now a quest OR achievement choice? Or does the achievement change to not give out a sled if you finish the quest? I'm confused both as to why this change happened, why no one knew about it, and how it works now.

Also, no hard feels to anyone here. I know you're all doing your best and aren't always told what's going on either. I just think Inno are being stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I will raise a ticket. It never occurred to me that it might be a bug. Thanks. :)

DeletedUser22685

So, it won't change and I will never get two sleds nor finish the quest?

I doubt it crossed their mind that they were preventing players from completing a distinct quest when they changed it. Hopefully once it's been brought to their attention, they'll fix it so that this isn't the case. That said, I don't really like your chances of being able to complete the quest without waiting a year, but you never know.

As for completing the prayer achievement after already receiving the sled, I assume it will still give you a second one.