Advent Calendar

DeletedUser

Why are the things in the advent calendar rubbish, i was expecting better stuff than things we can pick up doing jobs - very disapointed

DeletedUser34295

I've got two wooden chests out of the calendar, so I'm not too picky with what I get after that. The calendar is not there for us to get 24 days of epic items. Also, the products it drops are directly related to the christmas quest "A holiday spook", and that one requires a lot of products so it's quite nice for anyone who hasn't finished it yet. Granted I already collected everything myself, but I ain't complaining - it's just a fun thing. Plus, you get the sleigh if you haven't got that already, or 2 other items to "choose" from (depending on how you open) if you got that one already.

DeletedUser

I wasent expecting amazing items each day but so far all i have had is a pumpkin corn tomatoes and berries - no chests or anything - i guess i wont go hungry :D

DeletedUser

The calendar is basically an attendance sheet to make sure you login everyday from the 1st to the 24th and don't miss out on collecting that day's prize and also that to tempt you and test your patience. If you succeed, you get a Christmas Sled which is useful if you don't already have it.

DeletedUser22685

It's worth a tiny amount of effort each day just to get the steel chest at the end. It's been a long time since I got anything good out of a steel chest, but I'm a junkie :p

That said, I think the Holiday Spook questline is the worst one in the game. Huge requirements for almost no reward. A small chance to get one of the products out of the 300 or so that you need is not helpful at all and I think they could've come up with a much better replacement for the buffs that the calendar used to give out (if they really insisted on replacing those buffs in the first place).

DeletedUser

Yea it was worthwhile trying not to miss out a single day when the calendar used to give out buffs.

DeletedUser35120

We will get the buffs in a package on the last day (24th), if I remember correctly.

DeletedUser

I have neglected the '1 a day' openings in favour of the 2 secret items you can gain. :)

DeletedUser

from what I was told by my alliance mates, if you miss 1 day of the advent cal, you will not receive the sleigh at the end of the event.

DeletedUser

You can open them late. It is true (I believe) that all 24 doors must be opened before the end of 24th December.
If you open a door late (before 24th), you get a 'marble' and if you open a door early, you get a 'piece of coal'.
The quantities of each to get the secret items are listed on TW-DB. I'm going for both. On the 24th, I will have all the doors open and will be able to get the sleigh too. Nice. :)

DeletedUser22685

from what I was told by my alliance mates, if you miss 1 day of the advent cal, you will not receive the sleigh at the end of the event.

You can open up to three doors on the wrong day and still get the sled.

You can open them late. It is true (I believe) that all 24 doors must be opened before the end of 24th December.

That's not necessarily true. As long as you meet the requirements for one of the three rewards, you can leave the other doors unopened if you so desire.

The quantities of each to get the secret items are listed on TW-DB. I'm going for both. On the 24th, I will have all the doors open and will be able to get the sleigh too. Nice. :)

It's impossible to get all three rewards in the same year. You can only claim one of the three, as you will need to hand in your Advent Calendar in order to complete any of the three quests. Not to mention the fact that while it's possible to meet the requirements of both the rod and the bag of marbles at the same time (open 13 doors early, then 3 late), in making yourself eligible for either of these "punishment" categories, you've opened more than three doors incorrectly and therefore will not have the option of choosing the Christmas sled.

If you've tried to win all three prizes at once, you'll find yourself with only one of them and a bunch of doors wasted. Fortunately, the prizes you get for opening the doors might as well be non-existent, so you haven't really missed out on much. You can also get the Christmas sled by praying 10 times on Christmas day, which means you'll only end up missing either the rod or the marbles.

DeletedUser

It's impossible to get all three rewards in the same year. You can only claim one of the three, as you will need to hand in your Advent Calendar in order to complete any of the three quests. Not to mention the fact that while it's possible to meet the requirements of both the rod and the bag of marbles at the same time (open 13 doors early, then 3 late), in making yourself eligible for either of these "punishment" categories, you've opened more than three doors incorrectly and therefore will not have the option of choosing the Christmas sled.
Bugger! :(
I also screwed up the Christmas gifts quest. I got all of them right except Waupee.
Ah well. At least I will get 1 prize from the calendar. :)

DeletedUser34295

If you open a door late (before 24th), you get a 'marble' and if you open a door early, you get a 'piece of coal'.

No no, I'm almost certain that you can only complete one of the three reward quests per year, you will not be getting all three of them this year.

DeletedUser22685

No no, I'm almost certain that you can only complete one of the three reward quests per year, you will not be getting all three of them this year.

I just gave a fairly detailed explanation of that :p

DeletedUser

When does Maya's quest for taking back the advent calendar appear? Today or tomorrow?

DeletedUser

Don´t remember if it is tomorrow or after tomorrow.

Today it´s impossible. Door 24 can be opened until the 23:59:59 so you cannot get the quest until that time goes bye.

DeletedUser

I was wondering about that. On TW-DB, it has the dates listed UP to 24th. Then I realised that that is for GETTING the calendar. You can RECEIVE the calendar up to 24th, so it makes sense that she will take it back tomorrow.
Seeing as how I'll be on here tomorrow to do my 'Praying' (whether it still works or not, we'll see), so I'll see if she takes the calendar back then.

DeletedUser

I opened 4 doors late.

No Sled and no Bag of Marbles. Is it the 24th or Christmas Day that Henry and Maya give those?

I remember getting both in years past (I restarted after a 2 year hiatus).

DeletedUser

I opened 4 doors late.

No Sled and no Bag of Marbles. Is it the 24th or Christmas Day that Henry and Maya give those?

I remember getting both in years past (I restarted after a 2 year hiatus).

You will get those things from the quest where Maya takes back the advent calendar. You wont get the sled for missing 4 days but you can get the bag of marbles as long as you have 3 marbles.