Adjustments to character class advantages to balance soldiers and duelers

DeletedUser

Good point, that's something that I missed. All three of the soldiers' bonuses are more powerful but more situational than the duelers' bonuses. All of the duelers' bonuses are used every day and in every duel. Also, the soldiers' health and weapon bonuses get less useful at higher levels, but the duelers' bonuses are equally useful throughout the entire game experience.

DeletedUser

Good point, that's something that I missed. All three of the soldiers' bonuses are more powerful but more situational than the duelers' bonuses. All of the duelers' bonuses are used every day and in every duel. Also, the soldiers' health and weapon bonuses get less useful at higher levels, but the duelers' bonuses are equally useful throughout the entire game experience.

Which of the duelers bonuses are used in every duel? +10% more cash ? Come on don't make me laugh... :huh:

DeletedUser

Gah! I couldn't make it through (read it all) the thread without commenting. With the introduction of forts the game shifted a little, which gave the Dev's a chance to redress this balance. Although the Soldier Quest sequence is rubbish compared to the adventurer & worker quest sequence. Never played as a duelist so couldn't tell you on that one but it looks decent. That evened it up a little.

The worker & adventurer advantages are about equal IMO. Soldier is too good, Duelist is too low. A soldier with premium can completely ignore tactics as a skill. Wear a Black Coat, Black Boots, Medal of Honour, Fancy Felt Fat & Precise Schofield and have 100+ tactics when defending. That just aint fair.

I would reduce it by half, but give soldiers a 25% Leadership Bonus for Fort Battles.

The weapon thing is fine as is the health.

In addition to that.

I'd give workers the same health bonus soldiers enjoy.

I'd give adventurers a 15% dodge bonus.

I'd give duelers a 20% aim bonus.

DeletedUser

I can't say for sure about changing what is already there, but how about giving soldiers and duelers 4 advantages like the workers and adventurers have. Why did we only get 3? This may be further in the thread but thought I would bring it to the top.

Deleted User - 819397

Now that is a good, decent idea. I don't know what they would be, but it would be a balance! The other ideas on this thread are trying to over gift these classes.

DeletedUser

I'd say this
Instead of the useless bonuses duelers have, give them what Harsha said, but I edited it a bit.

10% more appearence in duels only
Health regenerates 20% faster
And double the 10% speed to 20%

That being said, lets move on to the soldier

lower the tactics to 25%

Keep the 3+ lvls with an item

Give them 15% leadership

Thats one of my suggestions and it might be a bit overpowering I'm sorry bout that. Just give me your opinion cuz I really gtg

DeletedUser

Do we need to take advantage for fort battle in consideration ?

While soldiers gain HP bonus that could let them do well in both duels and fort battles, i think it is something quite unbalance.

DeletedUser

I think that both soldiers' and duelers' advantages need to be changed equally.

Soldier:
Additional 5 health point for each point added
Level needed to wield a left-handed weapon is reduced by 3
50% more tatic in duels:happyg:

Dueler:
Health regenerates 20% faster
Level needed to wield a right-handed weapon is reduced by 3
50% more appearance in duels:coolg:​

It is more logical for soldiers being better in long rifles and duelers being better in short pistols.
:wackob:Ouch! Who shoot me???

Harsha..

ya, it comes up in my first post, Niska and mike are quite correct, even if we like it, the devs will never accept it, we need to make the changes reasonable to them, so that they install them!

DeletedUser

Heres what I think are both balanced and good bonuses for soldiers and duelers.

Duelers:

Health Regenerates 20% (Harsha said this earlier, and I really like it. Also, it would be good for fort battles.)

10% more appearance for duels (and duels only)

25% more speed on the map. (or 20% if 25% is too much)

Soldiers

25% more tactics for duels only

They can use weapons that are 3 lvls higher

20% leadership for fort battles only

They may bit a bit overpowering but I'm working on it.

DeletedUser11353

Heres what I think are both balanced and good bonuses for soldiers and duelers.

Duelers:

Health Regenerates 20% (Harsha said this earlier, and I really like it. Also, it would be good for fort battles.)

10% more appearance for duels (and duels only)

25% more speed on the map. (or 20% if 25% is too much)

Soldiers

25% more tactics for duels only

They can use weapons that are 3 lvls higher

20% leadership for fort battles only

They may bit a bit overpowering but I'm working on it.

Duelers

• Health~Great
  • Appearance~NO(10% bonus on EXP won in duels as AN proposed would be great)
  • Speed~Yes
Soldiers

• Tactics~Great
  • Weapon level~Yes

• Leadership~NO(health bonus can stay the same as far as I am concerned)

DeletedUser

dueler +5 maximum weapon damage
+50% dueling motivation recharge
+5hp per charcter level

soldier -3 weapon level
5 hp per level of health
+1 leadership bonus in fort battles

DeletedUser

Sorry, but thats not a good idea. First of all, -3 weapon lvl isn't an advantage, its a disadvantage. Second, its not better than mine and cro's idea. Sorry, but I have an opinion too.

DeletedUser

the soldier currently has the -3 weapon

The level needed to use a weapon is lowered by 3 levels.

this actually works out to be about 5 extra damage so i thought the two bonuses would be about right.

50% dueling motivation would be usefull so duelers could fight twice as much if premium and soldiers would get a + to fort battles to justify their role as soldier. (that is a +1 bonus working off the fort bonus table

Skill bonuses
+1 bonus with one point and up
+2 bonus with 3 points and up
+3 bonus with 10 points and up
+4 bonus with 23 points and up
+5 bonus with 43 points and up
+6 bonus with 71 points and up
+7 bonus with 108 points and up
+8 bonus with 155 points and up
+9 bonus with 211 points and up

as leadership is used in all fort calculations it would boost them as fort fighters)

lastly i thought that 5 hp per charcter level would boost the hp's of the dueler giving them longer fights (300hp as a premium level 30 although i think it may need to be a little higher)

could you justify why you beleive your idea to be better? your curt reply didn't explain to much:dry: