9/11-was the U.S goverment involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Simple answer, The US was not involved in 9/11 they had no damn reason, to kill countless americans, and if you recall one of the planes were headed for the white house, thanks to the brave Americans who lost there lifes on that plane that day, the white house wasnt hit as well, do you honestly think we'd aid in such things? I ain't going to go on anymore about this, because I know I'll start an arguement.

DeletedUser

You can all think what you want, but you do not have the engineering know how to make educated thoughts on this issue, nor should you rely on information presented by people who are willing to lie in order to sell a book (or video). It has been thoroughly researched by people far more qualified than any of us, and determined that the reason the buildings collapsed was due to the events we all witnessed, and nothing else. As demonstrated:

1. Osama bin laden already took responsibility for the attacks on 9/11. If he wanted to further feed the fires of conspiracy, further undermine our country, he would have claimed Bush told him to do it. That did not happen, which means he took responsibility for his own actions.
  2. The twin towers were built in the 1970s, using technology available at that time. The buildings were stretching the limits of engineering at that time. The buildings were 30 years old. Each of the towers initially withstood the physical impact of a commercial airliner (which is, in and of itself, amazing), the ensuing explosion of 24,000 gallons of jet fuel, which is indicated to have blown away the fire ******ant on the metal bearings, and then the oven-scene within, which pushed the temperature far beyond the minimum necessary to burn jet fuel. The buildings could not withstand the tremendous heat generated, accompanied by the weakened structure. Compound this with the weight of many levels of concrete and steel above the impact sites.
  3. There was no thermite, nor thermate, at the site of the collapse. Residue tested consisted of chemical elements consistent with the burning of aluminum and electronic parts. The information posed about thermite was contrived by conspiracy theorists and does not correlate with the facts, with the evidence. Yet one more example of how desperate conspiracy theorists can get, making crap up in order to feed their version of events.
  4. Bush is responsible for plenty of deaths as it is, no need to make things up just to add a few more.
In Closing
The worst part of these conspiracy theories is that they are grossly insulting to the victims. Every time these conspiracies are bantered about, it devalues the loss of life and exploits the victims of these tragedies. Show compassion and let's end this crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

With all due respect this is the debate and discussion section of these forums, not the compassion and ad hominem section. Also I agree with you it's impossible for any of us to assume any educated stance on the happenings, but yet you even fell for that one with the jet-fuel*electronic equipment = melted steel theorem. I don't claim to be an expert and I agree it's hard to present facts especially with a lot of impartial and fudged information out there, but a few things about the whole event puzzle me.

Why did the buildings fall straight down and not topple?
It takes a team of trained experts to do this, I saw a documentary where they asked some demolition experts about this and they said it would be impossible, if not they wouldn't find it easy to get jobs.

Eyewitness reports including firefighters saw and heard explosions going off in the buildings.

Where have you seen the analytical reports of the steel that show no thermite, provide a source please?

From what I have garnered the steel was hurredly taken away by workers & firefighters who are mostly suffering from lung cancer because the site should have been quarantined while the dust settled and weren't even given gas masks. If you want to be humanitarian and compassionate about it they should be the first to take legal proceedings against the American goverment, if they already haven't. I don't think it's disrespectful to the people who died to discuss the shrouded events that happened, no more than it is for us not to discuss the tens of thousands of people in Iraq dieing and being maimed every week by American hands. Death toll could be up to 500k in Iraq though estimates report 100k (those are only the ones who turn up in the morgue) mostly innocent civilians I might add. Thats over a hundred times the amount of people who died during 911.

DeletedUser

I believe it's hogwash. Not that shadowy government agencies haven't manipulated the population through events before, but That specific event, I believe signals were misinterpreted, and warnings were ignored, yes. I don't believe we were "involved"

DeletedUser

With all due respect this is the debate and discussion section of these forums, not the compassion and ad hominem section. Also I agree with you it's impossible for any of us to assume any educated stance on the happenings, but yet you even fell for that one with the jet-fuel*electronic equipment = melted steel theorem. I don't claim to be an expert and I agree it's hard to present facts especially with a lot of impartial and fudged information out there, but a few things about the whole event puzzle me.

It takes a team of trained experts to do this, I saw a documentary where they asked some demolition experts about this and they said it would be impossible, if not they wouldn't find it easy to get jobs.

Eyewitness reports including firefighters saw and heard explosions going off in the buildings.

Where have you seen the analytical reports of the steel that show no thermite, provide a source please?

From what I have garnered the steel was hurredly taken away by workers & firefighters who are mostly suffering from lung cancer because the site should have been quarantined while the dust settled and weren't even given gas masks. If you want to be humanitarian and compassionate about it they should be the first to take legal proceedings against the American goverment, if they already haven't. I don't think it's disrespectful to the people who died to discuss the shrouded events that happened, no more than it is for us not to discuss the tens of thousands of people in Iraq dieing and being maimed every week by American hands. Death toll could be up to 500k in Iraq though estimates report 100k (those are only the ones who turn up in the morgue) mostly innocent civilians I might add. Thats over a hundred times the amount of people who died during 911.

The buildings were basicly layers of concrete floor, on steel beam support columns,
when the steel and concrete were heated by the fuel, the concrete was weakened, and the steel flexxed and spread. The "Explosions" heard were the concrete floors falling down. One floor would fall, pretty much flat, on top of the floor below. Take a book and drop it flat onto a table, it make a much louder bang than if you drop it on the floor.

Also, it is likely that alot of the fireproofing had fallen off the steel, and was left to rot

For more information on the Structural Design look for information about Tube-Frame Construction.

DeletedUser

Funny you should mention, but around 2003 there was a post on the Mythbusters forum stating that they WOULD NOT touch anything 9/11 related. However, after millions of requests they finally had a press conference stating they WOULD in fact do a 2-hour special on 9/11. They even posted a teaser onto you tube. This was about 6-7 months ago.

However, the youtube video has been pulled and there is no new information if/when the 2-hour special will air. I hope it still will. I love that show!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081206042759AAwqJ0Q

That one link I found about it in a quick search. There are a few others that state basically the same thing. However, I can't find the actual release they gave. :bandit:

I can't wait, 1/3 scale model, need to get away from USA due to avaition law, this sounds great! According to that yahoo link, that model sounds expensive but I'm glad they're doing it. When I wrote my post, I was speculating how difficult it would be to replicate the whole thing, with 1/3 model, it's easier to do as you don't need toothpick size steel beam as you shrink the scale, 1/3 size = less difficulty to replicate WTC but more expensive. Custom made aircraft! Woohoo! I really really hope they can air it and get it right (I remember a few debacles they made and can't retake due to expensive)

Given the factors involved, I would like a more conclusive report myself. That's why I wish mythbuster can try to replicate it and make it more conclusive.

Why do buildings fall straight down and not topple? That's a good question, have you ever tried to topple building or make building fall straight down?

It's easier to make a sand tower fall "straight" down. You dig around the base evenly and eventually the weight of the sand on top will fall down.

If you want to topple something, it's easier to do with bulding material that's more "solidly together". Let's use a tree as an example. A lumber jack will cut the base, if you factor in the branch weight difference (tree does not always grow perfectly balanced on all sides), if you make one side a really really deep cut, chances are good the tree will "topple" towards that deep cut side, rather than "fall down" vertically.

As explained earlier, heat temperature does not need to reach melting point of steel and concrete by itself does not "melt" as it's a mixture of material, each with its own melting point. Steel strength starts to weaken before it reaches melting point. Steel is nto the only material exihibit this behavior. Take a candle, put it in hot/warm water, it may not melt, but now you can mold that softened candle like a playdo. The old solid candle that can withstand say 20KG of books on it without being crushed can be crushed like a pancake with the same weight of books (this is just arbitrary, you can experiment yourself to find the precise weight needed to flatten that playdo like candle, not melted, but not longer extremenly hard and solid)

As far as a team of trained experts, I am not saying they are wrong, however, here are the problems I can see.

Team of experts set to "implode" a building use controlled explosion to do it, why? Which is cheaper? Heat up the whole building and pray it will "implode" from weakened concrete structure, where steel is weakened enough and concrete is starting to lose its cohesion that the building will fall on itself OR use C4, dynamite, place them in support structure, then detonate them in the correct time & sequence to produced a controlled explosion that will guaranteed a nice imploded building?

Heat up the building then pray like WTC is too costly, and there is no guarantee building will implode nicely. C4 and controlled explosion is much safer and more guarantee, after all, that's what the experts are paid for. Why did we move away from wrecking ball to controlled demolition of buildings? Time? Cost?

From what I have garnered the steel was hurredly taken away by workers & firefighters who are mostly suffering from lung cancer because the site should have been quarantined while the dust settled and weren't even given gas masks. If you want to be humanitarian and compassionate about it they should be the first to take legal proceedings against the American goverment, if they already haven't. I don't think it's disrespectful of the people who died that way to discuss the shrouded events that happened, no more than it is for us not to discuss the tens of thousands of people in Iraq dieing and being maimed every week, by America. Death toll could be up to 500k in Iraq though estimates report 100k (those are only the ones who turn up in the morgue) mostly innocent civilans I might add.

Things can explode in a big fire and we had a big fire in WTC. Anything that is in a container, in a confined space, expand due to heat, may rupture the container and "explode". If the container is weak, rupture could be minor and the contents inside will escape early, it will be weak to no "explosion." On the other hand, if container is strong and content inside wants to expand greatly given the heat, there will be a huge explosion. Case in point? Put a can of soda in a car's dashboard or somewhere on a hot day where sunlight can reach it. Come back a few hours later, you get your little nice surprise. Do the same for plastic water bottle, you just get some hot water inside a bottle without explosion. The difference is carbonated water want to expand more and aluminum can is really constricting it. plastic water bottle is weaker and water does not want to expand as much in its liquid form.

America was caught by surprise, when 911 happened, are you saying firefighters, police, rescue personnel sit on their rear end and wait for proper mask to be issued before go in, help people out of the building (I remember the building was still standing for quite a while, allow evacuation), or after the building collapse, STOP removing any material from the site to preserve evidence while people trapped below, dying, suffering in pain?

I don't think it's realistic to ask the rescue crew to wait until everything is verified, confirmed before rushing in to rescue people. If your house is on fire, do you want the firefighter to show up, then give you a 100 page document, asking you item by item, do you have hazardous material? Oh, do you have this which may contain asbestos. Do you have any plastic that can release dioxin as it burns? What kind of plastic? Oh, sorry sir, maam, we cannot go in and put out your fire, nor rescue your baby & pets trapped inside the house, because after 3 hours, you finally finished that 100 page of check list, and we then spent 8 hours with our attorney and your attorney to verify and make sure you did not miss anything that could be hazardous or if you did, you are responsible to indemnify us for any damages, etc.

I hope you get my picture, it's an emergency, it's a crisis, time is running out for people inside WTC. We can now sit back and ask, gosh, I wish they preserve more evidence, but at that time, I think human lives are more important, don't you think?

DeletedUser

With all due respect this is the debate and discussion section of these forums, not the compassion and ad hominem section.
Oh shut it. Don't be telling people what this section is, that's just obnoxious. Discussion of issues doesn't mean we have to be heartless. The conspiracy theories, for the most part, are opportunistic rewrites. They exploit horrible events, and the victims of these events, for a profit. They exploit ignorance and the failure of most people to research things on their own.

Also I agree with you it's impossible for any of us to assume any educated stance on the happenings, but yet you even fell for that one with the jet-fuel*electronic equipment = melted steel theorem.
Actually, I obtained that information from the official report, but thanks for demonstrating your lack of homework.

Because of the way the towers were made. Strength of the towers was based on the outer walls. The inner walls/floors were anchored to the outer walls. This stated from the designer of the towers.

Wow, so first you ask a question and then you come to a conclusion based on, what, a bunch of demolition guys who have never, ever, in their entire life, blew up buildings the size and design of the twin towers?

Quantrillo, in one sentence you state you agree you don't know what you're talking about, and in the next you continue with encouraging the conspiracy theories. Do your homework, instead of taking the easy route.

http://www.civil.northwestern.edu/people/bazant/PDFs/Papers/466.pdf
http://www.asce.org/pdf/5-1-02wtc_testimony.pdf
http://wtc.nist.gov/media/NIST_NCSTAR_1A_for_public_comment.pdf

DeletedUser

Same here. Think that USA government has dirty hands on this, same as 7/7 attacks in London (watch Ripple effects). Politics just telling lies to normal people because they want to control others. See Irak and Afganistan, both countries are in big problems since they got attacked under "Fight against terrorism". Its all one big lie. Sorry if somebody feels offended, this is just my opinion.

DeletedUser

Err, while what you said is technically correct, you are ignoring many other factors.

1. Things don't need to melt to produce catastrophic result. Concrete may start to spall around 800 degrees.

2. Concrete is made up of cement + other material. Each have different melting point. Depending on concrete mixture and what's been put into the concrete structure (steel, fiber, etc.), technically, a building made up of concrete may crumble like a house of cards when temperature reaches about 1000 degrees. Steel and sand melts about 2500-2700 range, approximately, I remember steel can have varied melting point, depending on what kind of steel is, because steel is simply an alloy of iron + various compounds (carbon, nickle, etc. etc.) When a building's burning temperature reaches about 1000 degrees, you risk the building concrete lose its cohesion and the weight of the building can very well crumble its own concrete support. I need to ask my civil engineer friends since we talked about this after 911 but it's been many years since that discussion. They graduated from MIT, Stanford, etc. so I assume they know what they're talking about.

3. You don't need thermite to reach very high temperature. Aluminum and steel mills use high voltage to "melt" the ore or scrap metal to produce new aluminum and steel.

4. If you watch myth buster, you should know kerosine and gasoliine make wonderful explosions. C4, and other explosives may not make as spectacular explosion with a ball of fire as kerosine & gasoline but they are more destructive (C4, dynamite, etc. combust rapidly and rapidly expands air to create destruction but doesn't burn as fiercely by itself as gasoline and kerosine for special effects)

I love mythbusters. I wish they can do this WTC experiment but it will be difficult to replicate, I suppose they can build scale model if they can get identical material as WTC and build a smaller scale but it'll be interesting to see how they can build mini tiny steel beam, with the same tensil strength, melting point, not to mention gravel & sand & cement in small enough scale but enough to simulate 911 to put a lot of these theories to rest.

I want to see them test it in scale, then at real life, then RAMP IT UP.

DeletedUser

Same here. Think that USA government has dirty hands on this, same as 7/7 attacks in London (watch Ripple effects). Politics just telling lies to normal people because they want to control others. See Irak and Afganistan, both countries are in big problems since they got attacked under "Fight against terrorism". Its all one big lie. Sorry if somebody feels offended, this is just my opinion.

That is not opinion, that is just a statement in error. If I said the "sky is blue", I am not stating an opinion, I am stating a fact. If I said "I like the blue sky", then I am stating my opinion. If I say "the sky is green, this is just my opinion", I am an idiot.

Capitalism is a deeply flawed system that encourages the greed and selfish behaviour of individuals at the expense of society and humanity at large (that is my opinion).

Political intervention of various types, right up to assasinations and full scale war, have been used by the US and the UK in the middle east ever since WWII to ensure the affordability of oil imports (that is my interpretation of events in Iran and Iraq over the last 60 years).

The US government had nothing to do with the 9/11 terrorist attacks (that is just simple common sense).

DeletedUser

:) see how people feel offended when you say something. Its better to be quite. We cannot change what happened anyway. So this debate is pointless I think.

DeletedUser

They said the same thing about Pearl Harbor, but there isn't enough evidence to show that the government had a big enough motive to do something that horrible.

Yeah, there were already terrorist groups in the middle east that were becoming hostile towards the US. The Pentagon is secure from people attacking from the ground, but it's not immune to airplanes crashing into it, and the building held out pretty good anyway.

Actually, the evidence for Pearl Harbor shows a LOT of good, and a little bad, luck for the Japanese, and a lot of BAD luck, incompetence, misunderstandings, mis-communications, and poor leadership from the top, down. I suggest you find the book, "At Dawn We Slept" by Gordon W. Prange. This guy spent 35+ years researching the attack, both from the American side, and the Japanese who survived the war. He had access to documents, diaries, people and investigations.

The Pentagon, for all its "security", in the middle of Virginia, is still an office building. IIRC, it's the world's largest, by floor area, and workers.

George Hurst said:
abedy said:

That is not opinion, that is just a statement in error. If I said the sky is blue, I am not stating an opinion, I am stating a fact. If I said I like the blue sky, then I am stating my opinion. If I say the sky is green, this is just my opinion, I am an idiot.
Actually, the sky IS green. ;)
It only appears blue because the human eye is more sensitive to the blue light than the green, so "filters" it. Needless to say I didn't believe it either at first. Something to do with the scattering and "bending" of light wave-lengths, and the response of the eye rods and cones.

Personally, I think it's much more likely that the cause was incompetence and stupidity than conspiracy.

DeletedUser8950

I have to be inclined to say that for the most part I do not believe the U.S government was involved, however it must be said that there are a few things which never seem to be explained in depth.

DeletedUser

I want to see them test it in scale, then at real life, then RAMP IT UP.

That will be quite costly and time consuming :)

Although even at 1/3 scale size, it'll be quite impressive.

Those skyscrapers takes a while to build, quite a while. Another thing of interest to me is how they are going to build it. Often you frame the structure, "soldier" the steel structure together, get the support column, have the steel reinforcement beam inside and/or outside whatever, then you pour the concrete in. It's a time consuming process as you gradually move up, frame, rivet, weld them together, support material in, pour concrete, repeat over and over. The sheer civil and architecture consideration that goes into designing large building is enormous. I still marvel at some structure, such as some Las Vegas casino, with such wide open space and support columns are quite far apart and structure is relatively high. Granted, Las Vegas does not need to worry about earthquake and some other problems. It's difficult to build a well rounded building as you face the problem of how to solve wind, fire, earthquake, and other disasters, how do you compromise?

DeletedUser

Oh shut it. Don't be telling people what this section is, that's just obnoxious. Discussion of issues doesn't mean we have to be heartless. The conspiracy theories, for the most part, are opportunistic rewrites. They exploit horrible events, and the victims of these events, for a profit. They exploit ignorance and the failure of most people to research things on their own.

I'm just trying to have a discussion without it veering into ad hominem we know it was a horrible event but that's not what is being discussed. You were trying to end the discussion with a plea for compassion it was the best way I thought I could respond, did not mean to come off patronising.

I think the media and populist theory are doing as many rewrites of this & I agree with you on people exploiting for profit or to make a name for themselves that's not right, but hey you know what it happens it shouldn't take away from the discussion. Plus these sort of debates attract a lot of loonies.

I think you are picking me up slightly wrong I was merely asking you to produce the source as I am interested to see it not because I think you are wrong. I'm not deadset on proving it was a government coverup I'm pretty much on the fence, I'll respond to the rest of your post when I get a chance to look at the info. Also the official report is well known to be a bit of a whitewash and wasn't performed by independent committee.

edit : Holy crap words give me a while to get back :)

DeletedUser

I am thinking that this could have been a discussion to inspire us to think for ourselves, to look at alternative answers for many things which have been explained badly or not at all.
Howeve I find some people here trying to prove others wrong, which I find not productive, its just like any argument where you want to prove you are right. Some of those people I find quite rude about the whole thing. Just wanting to cut the other person's argument to pieces, rather than making us outside readers think for ourselves, and I would be surprised if ANYBODY here knows all the facts, technically, politically or other.
I understand that for some or you americans, this is a sore topic!!!! And I would not want to be in your shoes IF it was ever proved that the conspiracy theory is right....

What I would like to question: Is it possible to have a different opinion of each other and being constructive about it, allowing the other space to think for themselves, the space to change their opinion by themselves if they want, rather than just slicing into them?

I can just see some of you ripping to bits what I just said, but I wanted to say it anyway!

And I have no ideas about facts, my mind would probably need more than a lifetime to understand it all, but I find Quantrillos way of presenting things truly the most appealing!
One of least aggressive too!

DeletedUser

Quantrillo has a groupie...wonder what sort of benefits that gives you...

Status
Not open for further replies.