Feedback 2024 Awesomia Battle Initiative - Feedback

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
How are these rewards decided? Is there a limit what you can reward and what does it depend on?
Like martoru said, it would be nice to receive the bond letters again like it was the case in the past.
Don't worry, the new 'chest' will not be used every time, sometimes it will still be a letter or spinach, sometimes maybe even boobytraps or view finders ;-)

Snr Sarg

Wow, a battle with no leaders, rankers, or anyone actually caring who wins. Dead game trying to stem the bleeding.

Why not put some effort into making people want to play the game?

Hear hear, seems all they want to do now is purge the game of the OGs

Harriet Oleson

About tomorrow's battles : for Kansas, it's written in game the battle will take place at 3:16 pm tomorrow while in the official thread it's written it will be at 9:15 pm. I guess the correct hour is the one in the official thread and I thought the hour in game would be changed later but it's like that since several hours ago. So just a small message as a reminder in case you forgot to change the hour lol :'P Or to know if in the end it will really take place at 3:16 pm and not 9:15.

In any case, thanks for the Awesomia battles !

Jordy

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
About tomorrow's battles : for Kansas, it's written in game the battle will take place at 3:16 pm tomorrow while in the official thread it's written it will be at 9:15 pm. I guess the correct hour is the one in the official thread and I thought the hour in game would be changed later but it's like that since several hours ago. So just a small message as a reminder in case you forgot to change the hour lol :'P Or to know if in the end it will really take place at 3:16 pm and not 9:15.

In any case, thanks for the Awesomia battles !
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, you were right and I have changed it to the right time.

Glad you caught it! :up:

Killer Bonnie

Attacks need more incentive to join attack. Everone is just joining in defense for fort safety, easy win, doesn't want to die or we see too few in attack and decide why bother attack because it will be just a slaughter so go on defense.

Attacks need more incentive to join attack. Everone is just joining in defense for fort safety, easy win, doesn't want to die or we see too few in attack and decide why bother attack because it will be just a slaughter so go on defense.
Agree with KB, i would suggest extra 5 bonds bonus for attacks, think it would be worth a try if it can be done.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
The issue with rewards is being investigated. Anyone who should have received and failed to receive them will be identified and granted retroactively in the coming days.

The survey results will be published shortly, but, in summary, all worlds rejected join restrictions.

We will explore a return to adding attacker bonuses after the valentines event.

Ranger-Schwartz

Jordy, Goober & all fort mods.......important question...for years there's been debate about what gets you into Awesomia forts more .....the order of the signup and / or the time you arrive at the fort. If you're the 4th person to signup for awesomia but get there 4 seconds before it starts....does that still put you in front of the chaps that signup really late but get there an hour before it starts? Any kind of easy explanation here is appreciated

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Jordy, Goober & all fort mods.......important question...for years there's been debate about what gets you into Awesomia forts more .....the order of the signup and / or the time you arrive at the fort. If you're the 4th person to signup for awesomia but get there 4 seconds before it starts....does that still put you in front of the chaps that signup really late but get there an hour before it starts? Any kind of easy explanation here is appreciated

Officially it is “random, with some priority for early sign up and early arrival”

In reality it is “indeterminate”

As best I can tell it is the equivalent of an incomplete sort on an SQL limit statement.
So, effectively “order by rank desc, freelancer desc limit <cap>”

After that it's whatever order they are returned from the table. That can be _influenced_ by order of sign up, order of arrival, order of last starting position update, but none of those are definitive. Past experience suggests those who sign up late, arrive late and/or update their start position at the last minute (including using the position table window as a shortcut for traveling to fort) are less likely to get in, but I think arriving early is not likely enough to improve your odds to offset the value of continuing to farm jobs.

WesternCalin

From what i've experienced it seems that the sign up order might have the best weight in this calculations as i arrived pretty late a couple of times but signed up in the first 30 and every time i got in.

Azeul

It's definitely in order of signup. But I never thought of if someone signs up at exact same time for the same side, what would be a secondary factor. I guess arrival time, but judging by what's said above, even they don't know! :D

Goober Pyle

The West Team
It's definitely in order of signup. But I never thought of if someone signs up at exact same time for the same side, what would be a secondary factor. I guess arrival time, but judging by what's said above, even they don't know! :D
I know of multiple, specific, verified, examples where someone who signed well before the battle was full got left out, so "definitely in order of signup" is demonstrably incorrect. However, statistically speaking it is certainly a substantial contributing factor.

Azeul

I know of every specific, verified occurrence of when I signed up early, I got in and when I signed up late, I did not. Without any other demonstrative answer for what the prevailing factor would be, this would be it. So thank you for the circling, fort-strategist, non-answer.

Ranger-Schwartz

here is the bottom line....on Colorado we are the largest fort attending world...please consider giving us 2 awesomia battles per week during valentine event and all others....we would absolutely overfill every one of them. bonuses have been very good....(3) 500-heart baskets is great