2014 Roadmap

• Thread starter DeletedUser34315
  • Start date

DeletedUser34315

Diggo11 just posted this in the beta forums.
http://forum.beta.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=2393
"Howdy!

We promised to show you the roadmap for 2014 as soon as possible and finally we're done and proud to present to you the results of all our planning. We are posting the roadmap instead of a community report this month but we're sure you'll find it just as interesting. The roadmap below is a best case scenario but we're confident we'll be able to implement most of it this year. We do have concepts prepared for most of the planned features already; some are even in development right now and one, the level cap raise, has been rolled out to all worlds already. We don't have detailed concepts for all of the new features, however, and therefore we cannot share much with you on those yet. We'll provide you with more information as soon as the concepts are prepared.

Moreover, tonnes of new quests and events are awaiting you in 2014. They are not explicitly mentioned in the roadmap below but remain an important point for us in 2014, so don't worry – there will be plenty of new content for you.

We believe that this roadmap will be able to push the game to new levels of fun, quality and variety so we're very excited and already looking forward to all the changes. Please let us know what you think of it, feel free to ask questions and share the information with your town and alliance members.

Let's go!

Level Cap Raise
Raise the maximum level to 150
New content (Items, Quests, jobs)
Reveal the middle of the map as a high level are with 30 new jobs

Shop
Small version for small screen resolutions
Several small improvements for the Screendesign
Automatic discount and event mechanisms

Event Fort
Controlled by the Community Management and Event team and will be used for Community fort battle events and contests
Several extra configs like default takeover protection, faster fort battle starts, possibility to add NPCs, special rewards
Will be located in the middle of the map

Multiplayer Instances
Fort-battle-like missions for around 5-20 players (For example Bear hunt)
Special rewards
Can be played while doing other stuff in the game

Speed and Event worlds
Time-limited Event worlds
Special objective to reach (Last man standing, finding an item first, Reaching Level x first)
One event world per language version and/or one global event world

Ranking enhancement
Balancing improvements (For example for the town ranking)
New rankings (Crafting, fort battle, construction)
Time-based rankings

Duel System
Evaluate different concepts
Push the interactive duel system prototype we did already
Improve Balancing

Blackboard
Solution for spies and players that are not actually interested in staying in the town
Usability and UI improvements

New Forum style
It's about time, eh?
New layout for the Community forum
Upgrade to vbulletin 5.1

P2P Trade
Make it possible to transfer or trade items directly between 2 players
Push the friends bar by allowing to directly trade items only with friends/town members

Crafting enhancement
Raise maximum crafting level
More recipes
Implement usability improvements

Travel Time (Railroad)
Make travelling on the map faster
Possibly via stations that can be built in towns

New Game Page (Game start page)
Modern design
More information and media about the game

As always, plans might change, features may be added or removed. Everything is subject to change."

I'm really liking what i see here. Direct trade and railroads are a really neat concept. I think dueling would really gain from being interactive, but i do hope it is not made so that a player has to be online all the time to be an effective dueler. The MPIs will be a great addition, it will be nice to have a good team PVE event. NPC dueling just isn't that fun :p
Looks to me like the biggest incoming change is the potential speed/event worlds. Those sound incredibly fun! I'll certainly still play my main/persistent world, but having a race with others to hit level 120, or duel everyone till 1 person is left sounds really fun.
One thing i really hope inno does a lot, lot more of this year is advertising. I haven't seen many the-west ads, and that's how i found this game in the first place. Those ads will pay for themselves in a big hurry- one full premium player can pay for a month of ads.

DeletedUser

Roadmap looks decent. As GG said, I am looking forward to the new Railroad station. The multiplayer quests also look interesting, and crafting needs a good interest boost as well.

One thing i really hope inno does a lot, lot more of this year is advertising. I haven't seen many the-west ads, and that's how i found this game in the first place. Those ads will pay for themselves in a big hurry- one full premium player can pay for a month of ads.

I agree 100%. I don't think I've seen more than one or two ads for The West EVER, and they were poorly designed as well. Good advertising is a must to increase population of these worlds.

DeletedUser

most of the stuff on this years roadmap were also on the 2013 roadmap so i am not getting my hopes up to high, but most stuff look good.

the thing i really hope inno will finally do is making this game more userfriendly, as experienced player i know the tricks and what to do to keep annoying stuff from happening, and for everything this game lacks you got scripts like the tw-db stuff. However newbies don't go such information and most will be thrown off long before they can ever acces such information and tricks, its just not userfriendly enough, to many changes recently went for pretty looks instead of good and workable interface

DeletedUser

most of the stuff on this years roadmap were also on the 2013 roadmap so i am not getting my hopes up to high, but most stuff look good.

the thing i really hope inno will finally do is making this game more userfriendly, as experienced player i know the tricks and what to do to keep annoying stuff from happening, and for everything this game lacks you got scripts like the tw-db stuff. However newbies don't go such information and most will be thrown off long before they can ever acces such information and tricks, its just not userfriendly enough, to many changes recently went for pretty looks instead of good and workable interface

i found my way round the interface pretty quick
but im the type of guy who clicks and opens evrything i can...maybe for everyone its not the same

Pankreas PorFavor

I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but id does relate to new content (items)...
Products from new jobs were not auctionable initially, but that changed, and I believe most of the community welcomes that.
But I also noticed that our mobile trader a.k.a inventory merchant doesn't offer any of the new shop items! Are there any plans to change that? It doesn't seem logical to me to limit the items available there to pre-v2.08 shop items. Why wouldn't we be able to buy a fringed scarf or trader pants from the mobile trader? That is particularly unfair to people who play townless, isn't it?

DeletedUser

That is particularly unfair to people who play townless, isn't it?

I do agree on the point, the new items should be added to the mobile trader.
However, don't try to complain about being townless. You guys were just allowed to participate in fort battles, that should keep you happy enough.

Pankreas PorFavor

I do agree on the point, the new items should be added to the mobile trader.
However, don't try to complain about being townless. You guys were just allowed to participate in fort battles, that should keep you happy enough.

ummm, I am trying to complain about being townless? where? I was just making a statement.
anyway, last time I was townless was in 2010, so please...

and actually, I think that the fact that townless people can join fort battles is a sad proof of desperate attempts to increase player's activity. there used to be a time when even onliners didn't have a guaranteed spot in a large battle, and now in most worlds we celebrate when we can fill a medium. next step - you don't have to be at the fort to participate, and step after that you won't lose any HP or energy if you get KOd in a battle... probably seems easier to Inno to do that than advertise the game and get new players to join.