Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

naw the Mayan calendar doesn't take into account the leap year so the world has actually already ended

DeletedUser3717

It's all a whole load of crap, Seriously one person claims the world is going to end in 2012 so everybody thinks it.

DeletedUser

actually the whole 2012 thing is related to the Mayan mysticism that I referred to above you so it's more than one person
:p

DeletedUser618

The Mayans could not predict their own destruction, how are they getting the end of the world correct?

DeletedUser618

Wasn't it smallpox?

Crap, I am slow this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The whole thing is based largely on misinterpreting the Mayan calendar. Everything was cycles to the Maya, and this is just the end of another cycle.

As far as the other part goes, about the Earth crossing the galactic plane, it's crap. We don't have the dimensions of the Milky Way defined anywhere near exactly enough to where we can describe the galactic plane as a literal 2 dimensional plane. Even if we did, it's meaningless. There's no difference between above and below the plane.

DeletedUser

It was smallpox.
All that is a bunch of baloney. They guessed the American Civil War, and the rise of the Nazi's as well. Both were accurate, but I don't believe the end of the world is very accurate. Or was that the Aztecs?

DeletedUser

as an aside the larger Mayan Civilization disappeared the Maya did not. They still exist as a cultural group in Central America (including their spoken language despite the best efforts of the Spanish) Thanks to recent anthropology/archeological study their written language is being restored as well

DeletedUser13682

but nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms!

Very funny stuff.

but nah. the world will go on long after 2012 with us on it

DeletedUser

when I first read the topic I thought you were talking about the movie comeing out (not realy but it is a good point to add)

DeletedUser13682

It looks really impressive, and I might be in the first line to watch it at the local IMAX. Or I might wait for the DVD to come out in 2012.

DeletedUser5046

if te world will end in 2012. . . then tat means i will be single forever !!!!!!|????!!!!

O_O

:eek:hmy::huh:

DeletedUser14280

I read once that weather cycles on our planet are divided into periods of 7 years.
Maybe this 2012 "cataclysm" will just be a particularly amazing switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.