1.36 world migration - discussion

DeletedUser11353

Ken, all I have to say is hush, is only a game and you're taking it too seriously. Omg omg, I lost rank 1, should I cry? Personally I stopped playing almost a year ago or so but migrating characters was a must, at least for .net version. If I stayed to play it's logical I would want for migration to happen, too many inactives and unbalanced worlds were laying around..

Also..

BTW ELMYR: you still didn't answer the question about when W11 started. I guess it was silly of me to even submit the subject matter to you in the first place. You love to talk but you don't like the answer .. yes?

The first 99 on Briscoe was October 25th, 2010.The level cap was raised December 12th, 2010. Until the cap was raised, XP didn't accumulate at level 99. I don't know when you reached 99 because the Briscoe HoF only shows 2 pages, but you reached 100 January 2nd, 2011, so I guess you weren't 99 when the cap was raised (which isn't my fault). As for level 120, you hit it March 2nd, 2011. I made no effort to get to 120 quickly and wasn't using premium until 116 and I got 120 on April 16th, 2011. You've had more time to get XP after 120 than me and I've made no effort to get it. Most of my XP is from fort battles.

I believe everything has been said. ;)

DeletedUser

Besides time I think it is all in how you arrange what your character does.

I mean I could have had a character on world x doing all exp jobs
while I opened another character on world y doing all cash jobs

Why doesnt my wealthy character get a rank vs my exp job character get ranked higher?

yes time is a matter of opinion but I know people like Vitamin2002 from w9 worked his tail off to have all the quests, daily tasks, fort fights and get top rank on w9. And if I remember correctly he is against nugget use. Somehow he manged to get to the top of the charts.

So basically it all comes down to how you play the game wisely.

Try playing the game on hard now and see if you can still be #1 without the nuggets. Inno will survive without them.

You have a pretty high dueling level... this migration should give you new meat to beat up on.

Thanks for your response Good Feather but it doesn't cut the mustard in my humble opinion:

I have been playing the game "WISELY" but for some reason the developers have changed the BENCHMARK. How can you play and become an expert on the game and spend a lot of cash if they suddenly do this?

I am certain that Inno can survive without my nuggets and this is not the point. It is the principle of the whole matter that is under consideration here.

Thanks anyway for your response. It is a step well above to what the other chappie gives information on; where no answer is given and no view made except his/her own! I am currently discussing your issues with a lot of players and let us see how it pans out.

Ken, all I have to say is hush, is only a game and you're taking it too seriously. Omg omg, I lost rank 1, should I cry? Personally I stopped playing almost a year ago or so but migrating characters was a must, at least for .net version. If I stayed to play it's logical I would want for migration to happen, too many inactives and unbalanced worlds were laying around..

Also..

I believe everything has been said. ;)

No everything HAS NOT been said. Nor answered and Sorry to correct you there.

Its OK for players to migrate BUT NOT interfere with the current world.

So this Elmyr character can come to Briscoe and be gunned down by all and sundry but not take our stats! He/She is level 120 so therefore when joining Briscoe should be the bottom of the 120 ladder. I think this works well. If He/She was a level 119 then the same applies .. etc etc going down the whole range of levels.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I will NOT be putting any more money into the Inno coffers as from today.

I have kept the number 1 slot on Briscoe for months now (and in the top two for over 18 months!) which I have financed. I log in today and find another player has migrated from another world to the number 1 position. Ridiculous! A lot of this game has been about rankings but now it has just gone crazy. Servers hardly work these days anyway.

By all means let players migrate but do not take away rankings which have taken so long to get. That is my rant; i know some players here will have different views however it doesn't matter anymore to me as my bank account has closed to Inno games.

What are you talking?
If you pay to get 60 new skills and get ahead on the world, that´s good for you.
If someone got better than you (or it has 3 more years of game than you) since getting you out of 1 is because he/she has more experience than you.
On the long run you can get back to first, probably, because the other player have much much less atributes and skills than you do.
And getting people below because they are new... that´s not an option.

That´s the main problem on the premium worlds... people use 500 euros per month to get into first and just keep pounding money to stay there. Inno loves those players.

DeletedUser

...if i migrate on complete premium world is that means if a wanna migrate again for 3 months i cannot migrate on classic premium world or expanded premium world?......

DeletedUser8627

zitok:

You can have a look here - Migration Enabled!

This shows where and where you cannot go.

We don't allow full prem into enhanced or classic prem worlds.
However we do allow enhanced prem in classic prem worlds.

DeletedUser

No everything HAS NOT been said. Nor answered and Sorry to correct you there.

Its OK for players to migrate BUT NOT interfere with the current world.

So this Elmyr character can come to Briscoe and be gunned down by all and sundry but not take our stats! He/She is level 120 so therefore when joining Briscoe should be the bottom of the 120 ladder. I think this works well. If He/She was a level 119 then the same applies .. etc etc going down the whole range of levels.

I'm sure there are a lot of different opinions about the new migration feature, and some people might find some aspects of it that they don't like - but I think it is a fair system and a good idea. Players who are migrating to your world are leaving a lot behind. It might present a challenge to you if someone comes in who is ahead of you in some way - but isn't that good? The best part of the migration feature is that it shakes things up and puts in new challenges. How long would you be happy to play a game that gives you nothing new to strive for or achieve? I know my rank has dropped in the two worlds I have migrated to. Things will be different in all the worlds that are receiving new players - new duelers, new fort fighters - new questers.... the markets will change - they should become more interesting with more players to sell and buy things. There will be new people to duel and new duelers to compete against, and there will changes in the fort battles and numbers of participants there also. I guess it will take a while for everything to settle in - and since migration will continue for a time there will be a lot of adjusting and readjusting. Sounds fun to me :D

DeletedUser

...and since migration will continue for a time there will be a lot of adjusting and readjusting. Sounds fun to me :D

How long is it planned to stay? I hope long enough for people to go and return or go somewhere else, if they want to (so more than 3 months).

DeletedUser

How long is it planned to stay? I hope long enough for people to go and return or go somewhere else, if they want to (so more than 3 months).

There's no returning to old worlds regardless of the time length.

As for the whole rank 1 rant... sorry to be blunt, but who cares?

Red Falcon

Finally! World Migration came out a couple days ago! I thought this was going to be one of those things that would take forever and ever. Good thing I was wrong. Now my brother and I are on the same world but not in the same town. It's awesome!

DeletedUser32160

As i see it a lot of people do not like this migration and i am one of them.I will not spend any more money to make inno make this game worse than it already is.All the money inno makes off us ,you'de figure they could come up with something exciting , or work to make servers work better and not lag .This migration probably would have worked if it was done fairly but as i see it , it was not.instead of opening new worlds and such fix ones that are here.This is my favorite online game (only online game) I play and wish inno would just get their act together and fix the problems that occur.As i see it there is an issue here with the migration and inno needs to address it.

thanks
Sweatyguy

DeletedUser8627

I think it's time the whining about this ranking story stops now. There may be some small time advantages between worlds and players migrating but that doesn't warrant a mob of players to come here and run havoc amongst players trying to enjoy this new feature.

Before you complain about fairness, did you ever consider that players whom were here in worlds long before you had the possibility that they could lose their character? Worlds were going to close if nothing was done, hence the world migration option. And it's certainly not Elmyr's fault he has beaten anyone in number 1 ranking so I don't see a need for anyone to be hostile towards him. Do you also think it's fair that players in older worlds just lose their stats because you don't like them interfering with yours?

All these issue that have been mentioned here have been addressed and this is the final outcome. In other words you either make peace with the fact that players from other worlds will be joining you or you leave your world for another or you leave the game completely. Threatening you are going to leave the game or not buy any more premium is like water of a ducks back. Most players playing this game don't buy premium yet they're still satisfied with the product. You get regular features added to this game not only because Innogames wants to make money but also to broaden the gaming you experience.

One thing you must also realize, Innogames cannot make everyone happy. That is a hard, cold fact and there will always be someone that will be upset about something no matter what is done. Feel free to air your views, but do it in a constructive manner. No one likes hearing a baby cry.

And a word of warning, if you are going to bad mouth my moderators or moderation on this forum in general you will end up with the consequences to your actions. Moderation is a volunteer position and they do not need flack from the public because Innogames has done something that brings you some discomfort.

DeletedUser16008

By the time this migration is over I think W1 is probably going to have the biggest "real"population.

I don't think much will change and in a few months it'll be like it never happened. Apart from less players on all worlds as boredom sets in again on both forts and dueling.

If you don't fix the symptoms you dont fix the problems, migration was needed a year ago before colorado even began. The result is colorado never really got off the ground like previous worlds and thats not going to change anytime soon. but at least its being tried at last.

As to the ranking etc ? well as others have said who cares, so someone can overtake you when they migrate... they also put in the effort and who is to say they dont deserve to be top on a world they go to when they were certainly top in the world they left ?

The ones moving have lost pretty much everything and had to leave it behind, not to mention either possibly losing toons, losing all the money invested in them or staying in a ghost world for as long as it lasts, woohoo.

delldell56

none of my business, but i'd like to say that time has been overestimated here as a major factor for your (or anybody's) spot in the ranking. as someone stated, how you choose to play the game is more important in how well you fare. this is not my personal opinion, this is a fact.

i've been playing this game for about 28 months now. i started on w11 and have been basically a quester there. 2 months later, i joined w12 where i've been a team player (i gathered products to build forts, i've helped friends get quest products, i fight battles on a daily basis and sleep a lot after dying there). my "younger" w12 has twice the experience accumulated by my w11, all thanks to battles, because i have completed less quests on w12.

while fort fighting on w12, i met slipery elm, who at the time was a much higher level player than me. he deleted all his worlds a long while ago. one day i was helping in a battle on w11 when i saw a tiny slipery next to me, as he had just restarted. now i am about 100 spots behind him in ranking. something similar applies to manfromsnowyriver.

i've seen gaga go from greenhorn to level 78 in 27 days, heavily using nuggets. and i've seen her go from greenhorn to level 81 in 3 weeks, where she only activated premium during her last week, while she was after the golden gun. all this without the aid of daily quests or the bond shop. given how aggressively she plays the game, i'd think that if she kept playing instead of deleting all the time, she could easily top the ranking on any world in 2-3 months. especially on a world like briscoe, where i've heard some days several battles are fought. especially with today's buffs. less aggressive but equally a terrific power level player, derek could challenge top rankers too.

most recently, about 100 players started from scratch on w8 to fight level 120 players who have been there for 3 years. one of our guys, mattaus2, started in january, has played limited time, and is level 115. elmyr started there in february, has been semi-active, and is level 105.

in other words, time is overranked when talking about experience rankings. if you were talking about dueling ranking, i may have agreed with you because more time does play a factor there, as you would find hard to squeeze the same amount of duels to match someone who has been dueling for 3 more years.

Deleted User - 1278415

Well now I can't see w2,3,5,6,7,8 number of players anymore since the select game world screen has now changed and blocked off the worlds Im not apart of.

Guess someone else who plays all worlds will have to report on how many migrated now.

DeletedUser15641

W1=5148,W2=1082,W3=1050,W4=1033,W5=1015,W6=6167(This is weird :blink:~Ingame ranking=6136),W7=????,W8=????,W9=1081,W10=????,W11=3601,W12=4709,W13=15415(arizona),W14=4801(Briscoe) and colorado=5940(w15).Than why did they close down w6:blink:

Deleted User - 1278415

W1=5148,W2=1082,W3=1050,W4=1033,W5=1015,W6=6167(This is weird :blink:~Ingame ranking=6136),W7=????,W8=????,W9=1081,W10=????,W11=3601,W12=4709,W13=15415(arizona),W14=4801(Briscoe) and colorado=5940(w15).Than why did they close down w6:blink:

They just closed down the old worlds so no new characters can be created on worlds that they are trying to close.

The worlds still exist.

As for the 6000+ population on World 6.. well it had a recent population boom because of the Games Mastered event last year, "Scoundrels". The same thing happened on w4 with the Tex Vs Mex event. The world population expanded... and then died off when the event ended. w15 Colorado will be getting a lot of old world players soon and that 5940 will go up I assume.

DeletedUser15641

I am surprised its not tried to consider migrating to....even if Western force took all the forts i don't think everyone would use the cowards path(gone to western force) but most would join a resistance...via taking a lot of forts before trying to balance things up.

DeletedUser1121

Migration has been active for a few days now and I would like to share some numbers with you all to give a small insight on how it is going so far:

Total number of players migrated
--------------------------------
-
Number of players left per world
world | left
|
Arizona|15
Briscoe|9
Colorado|36
World 1|13
World 10|62
World 11|13
World 12|12
World 2|27
World 3|11
World 4|46
World 5|32
World 6|25
World 7|44
World 8|54
World 9|61
-
Number of players joined per world
world | joined
|
Arizona|76
Briscoe|88
Colorado|133
World 1|84
World 11|45
World 12|34
-
Where they went per world
-
Old world|New World|number
||
Arizona|Briscoe|8
Arizona|World 11|5
Arizona|World 12|2
Briscoe|Arizona|8
Briscoe|World 11|1
Colorado|Arizona|6
Colorado|Briscoe|8
Colorado|World 1|16
Colorado|World 11|1
Colorado|World 12|5
World 1|Arizona|1
World 1|Colorado|8
World 1|World 11|3
World 1|World 12|1
World 10|Arizona|3
World 10|Briscoe|16
World 10|Colorado|17
World 10|World 1|16
World 10|World 11|3
World 10|World 12|7
World 11|Arizona|2
World 11|Briscoe|8
World 11|World 12|3
World 12|Arizona|4
World 12|Briscoe|5
World 12|World 11|3
World 2|Arizona|3
World 2|Briscoe|1
World 2|Colorado|15
World 2|World 1|3
World 2|World 11|2
World 2|World 12|3
World 3|Arizona|1
World 3|Briscoe|4
World 3|Colorado|2
World 3|World 11|2
World 3|World 12|2
World 4|Arizona|5
World 4|Briscoe|7
World 4|Colorado|30
World 4|World 1|1
World 4|World 11|2
World 4|World 12|1
World 5|Arizona|3
World 5|Briscoe|4
World 5|Colorado|19
World 5|World 1|3
World 5|World 11|2
World 5|World 12|1
World 6|Arizona|5
World 6|Colorado|6
World 6|World 1|3
World 6|World 11|7
World 6|World 12|4
World 7|Arizona|3
World 7|Briscoe|5
World 7|Colorado|9
World 7|World 1|22
World 7|World 11|3
World 7|World 12|2
World 8|Arizona|6
World 8|Briscoe|15
World 8|Colorado|7
World 8|World 1|17
World 8|World 11|7
World 8|World 12|2
World 9|Arizona|26
World 9|Briscoe|7
World 9|Colorado|20
World 9|World 1|3
World 9|World 11|4
World 9|World 12|1
-
Where they came from per world
New world|Old World|number
||
Arizona|Briscoe|8
Arizona|Colorado|6
Arizona|World 1|1
Arizona|World 10|3
Arizona|World 11|2
Arizona|World 12|4
Arizona|World 2|3
Arizona|World 3|1
Arizona|World 4|5
Arizona|World 5|3
Arizona|World 6|5
Arizona|World 7|3
Arizona|World 8|6
Arizona|World 9|26
Briscoe|Arizona|8
Briscoe|Colorado|8
Briscoe|World 10|16
Briscoe|World 11|8
Briscoe|World 12|5
Briscoe|World 2|1
Briscoe|World 3|4
Briscoe|World 4|7
Briscoe|World 5|4
Briscoe|World 7|5
Briscoe|World 8|15
Briscoe|World 9|7
Colorado|World 1|8
Colorado|World 10|17
Colorado|World 2|15
Colorado|World 3|2
Colorado|World 4|30
Colorado|World 5|19
Colorado|World 6|6
Colorado|World 7|9
Colorado|World 8|7
Colorado|World 9|20
World 1|Colorado|16
World 1|World 10|16
World 1|World 2|3
World 1|World 4|1
World 1|World 5|3
World 1|World 6|3
World 1|World 7|22
World 1|World 8|17
World 1|World 9|3
World 11|Arizona|5
World 11|Briscoe|1
World 11|Colorado|1
World 11|World 1|3
World 11|World 10|3
World 11|World 12|3
World 11|World 2|2
World 11|World 3|2
World 11|World 4|2
World 11|World 5|2
World 11|World 6|7
World 11|World 7|3
World 11|World 8|7
World 11|World 9|4
World 12|Arizona|2
World 12|Colorado|5
World 12|World 1|1
World 12|World 10|7
World 12|World 11|3
World 12|World 2|3
World 12|World 3|2
World 12|World 4|1
World 12|World 5|1
World 12|World 6|4
World 12|World 7|2
World 12|World 8|2
World 12|World 9|1

DeletedUser

just wondering, before we had a poll abt west figures ingame, heck even some other announcement something popped up ingame, sorry to say but 90% of the people don't read forums of themselves, so they won't know migration is going on, and that small notification on the log in page is also not really something you look at, i really believe if you do an announcement ingame, that when you log in a message pops up like with the questionnaire much more people will actually be aware of migration

DeletedUser6752

I totally agree with Zeta-Navy.

As an example - I logged in today to world 9, and found a telegram asking if I was active and if I was interested in joining a newly-formed alliance that was established to oppose another alliance, specifically for fort battles. The person is a level 45 and belongs to a town with 14 people in it, ranging from level level 120 down to level 9.

So yes, I'd say there are a number of people who are eligible to migrate, who simply don't know anything about it. You can post all you want in the game forums, or in the town forums - there will always be someone who plays the game their own way and tends to ignore the forums unless they're looking for some specific information.

A login announcement is a very good idea.