1.36 world migration - discussion

DeletedUser

i agree with backwards. there should be an alternative way to get key#2 for those of us that had no way of knowing what the consequences of choosing the wrong path was rather than spending bonds on chests or paying through the nose in the market

I am in a similar situation having a level 120 W3 character that i am hoping to migrate to a world for fort fighting.

On the plus side for inno - if I (and others) have a reasonable method of obtaining key #2, then we will all be spending nuggets to reskill for key #3 (and back), not to mention could be using character premium for fort fights. If I don't get key 2, i certainly won't be reskilling for key 3...

DeletedUser

One more vote in favor of this.

New quests don't have pitfalls like this and that is a good thing.
I missed the correct answers for Hernando's and while I did purchase one, I'd still like the chance to rectify things.

Obviously, key #2 is far more important than Hernando's...

DeletedUser8627

2.key and the paths of that particular quest has nothing to do with world migration.

If you chose the wrong path you could not get the key. After these complaints it was made available through chests.
The quest line won't change just because you have the opportunity to migrate to another world.

Further off topic posts will be deleted.

EDIT^^

Oh and backwards, posting on your town forum to get players to come spam this thread regarding 2.key will not work. I've already explained to you via ticket support the issue with this item.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How to use migration to get 2nd key again (example!):

1. create character on W15, spend 1 month to get 2nd key (or 3rd key as well if you want).
2. trade it to reliable friend on w15 (for minimum price)
3. delete character on W15
4. migrate from W3 (or whatever) to W15
5. your friend trades you key back (for minimum price)

Is it legit? Some may say it's trade pushing but i don't think so. It is borrowing an item similar as everyone is borrowing items for collector set.
However, moderators/developers have final word on this.

@DaTwista
I hope this is not spoiler or exploit or offtopic.

DeletedUser

2.key and the paths of that particular quest has nothing to do with world migration.

If you chose the wrong path you could not get the key. After these complaints it was made available through chests.
The quest line won't change just because you have the opportunity to migrate to another world.

Further off topic posts will be deleted.

EDIT^^

Oh and backwards, posting on your town forum to get players to come spam this thread regarding 2.key will not work. I've already explained to you via ticket support the issue with this item.

It has everything to do with migration. In W3, everyone who started at around the same time has the same chance of making the mistake as far as the quest line is concerned. If everyone was staying put, no problem!

It makes no sense for me to migrate this character to a newer world where potentially everybody will have a golden gun. That is a severe handicap.

As I've said, getting it via chests is not really viable because the chests are expensive and there is no guarantee. All I'm asking is to be kind to the people who have been playing this game since nearly the beginning - just hit the reset button and let us do that one quest from scratch. It doesn't cost you anything, does it?

DeletedUser8627

A new rule will follow when migration is enabled. Anyone lending items to a friend then deleting their character so they can migrate another character into the world to gain the items will be a bannable offense. This will not be allowed here on .net.

Same as people rushing to create characters that they will use for a long term farming account. Gain hundreds of products for instance and getting them transferred to their main account.

Migration is not being released so that players can abuse the system to better their characters with gross disadvantage to the rest of the players in their specific world.

-----------------------------------------

As I said earlier, just because you have the opportunity to migrate to another world does not mean you can redo the quest. Migration, quests and fort battles = 3 different features. If you think you will be handicapped in a new world, I hate to mention this but you are already not having the golden gun now. Having migration enabled doesn't change this fact at all.

DeletedUser

You are quite correct that backwards doesn't have the gold gun on W3. Neither do I, and I would venture that neither to quite a large percentage of the other level 120 players on W3.

this is exactly the point. we are NOT really handicapped in W3 as the GG is the exception not the norm for higher level fort fighters. If we choose to migrate to one of the newer worlds, NOT having a GG will be the exception, hence a greater disadvantage.

As backie said - all we would be looking for is a more realistic method of getting the key rather than spending loads of bonds on chests. As I mentioned, this is actually good long term for inno because if I get the chance to get key 2, I (and other players) will be quite likely to spend nuggets reskilling for key 3 as well as using premium longer term for fort fights. On, I might add, a character that I currently spend almost 0 nuggets on as the fort fights in W3 are hardly worth premium...

DeletedUser

If you have a PW and you're online, you shouldn't have any trouble getting a rank in a medium or large battle on a new world, or even in smalls if you have decent hp. I think more active old world FFs will have trouble getting ranked because of hp than because of their gun.

DeletedUser

Elmyr, this is not about getting rank. This is about fort battle performance. The GG sector bonuses are very strong, not to mention the LP and HP bonus.

This being a game, why are the devs so stingy over some digital asset? The GG is common in newer worlds for anyone who puts enough effort into getting them. Make this game fun for people. I for one do not intend to start over from zero just because of the GG. I would be willing to do what Fafer proposed, but even that is not allowed. I don't even want to merge inventories. Just give me the key!! Is that too much to ask? I invested 4 years building that character.

DeletedUser15641

So if you stay in any world of the list w2-9 you would get deleted right?

DeletedUser27845

only if there is so few players left, that innogames dont want to keep the world open.

DeletedUser

The world won't be closed right away and I'm hoping for one last chance to save someone I've left behind before they do close.

DeletedUser

And as time ticks by, we .net players still find ourselves twiddling our thumbs as we continue to sit in a holding pattern awaiting the opening of migration. Any word on a date yet?

DeletedUser

And as time ticks by, we .net players still find ourselves twiddling our thumbs as we continue to sit in a holding pattern awaiting the opening of migration. Any word on a date yet?
Is this an update you really want rushed? When it's something that affects an entire account, I really don't want bugs. Judging by the way on Beta some accounts were duplicated so that they existed on w1 and w3, it apparently doesn't change the account, but copies it and deletes the original. A bug involving your account being deleted could cause some serious problems.

DeletedUser

Is this an update you really want rushed? When it's something that affects an entire account, I really don't want bugs. Judging by the way on Beta some accounts were duplicated so that they existed on w1 and w3, it apparently doesn't change the account, but copies it and deletes the original. A bug involving your account being deleted could cause some serious problems.

On beta that problem was because you could return on the next day to the old world.
In here that problem won´t happen since you can only get to a world and you can only migrate somewhere else after 120 days. So plenty of time for you to check your account and, if anything happens, your original account is still blocked on the world where you where. Then, 5 days after you migrate, the other world account will be gone forever.

For what i could see on Beta it´s like this:
Migration to world 65 from world 44. They copy your account from w44 and move it to w65. The one on w44 is blocked and activated the deletion procedures. If you are ok after logging into w65, the one on w44 will be gone in 5 days. If something happens, they can copy the things again from w44 during that time.

There where the problems with the avatars, since people that stayed with the old avatars would get a "strange" avatar after migration and the support would need to get you the old one manually. (with 400 players wouldn´t be a problem... but with 4000... it could take weeks to make it)
And there where those strange things with the chat that stayed with the blocks you had... when the players wouldn´t exist on the new world.

DeletedUser

On beta that problem was because you could return on the next day to the old world.
In here that problem won´t happen since you can only get to a world and you can only migrate somewhere else after 120 days. So plenty of time for you to check your account and, if anything happens, your original account is still blocked on the world where you where. Then, 5 days after you migrate, the other world account will be gone forever.

but on beta, you could log in to both copies on original world and migrated world. so while waiting to delete on original world, i could duplicate all items by trading them to another player.

DeletedUser16008

Time isnt an issue as so much knowing what the options are, we can wait as long as we have something to plan and organise for... im concerned they will release migration the same time they say what the options are and half will be gone before its arranged where their co players are going and the result will be a load of people in the wrong place without the groups they wished to continue playing with.