1.29 ruins dueling

DeletedUser

Maybe, but there is a Holy Bible of the west game called The Roadmap.
Inside it were numbered all future game changes, and one by one are being added to the game. One of those changes is dueling on the map spot. If someone expected it will never be added... Well... Noone can help him now.

fossil1999

I dont think this update ruined dueling,
its only made it a bit harder and fun.
they move, you follow them!:dastardly:

DeletedUser

Fresh and great update ! Camping in town saloons was stupid from the very beginnig. Now comes something different. Haven't tried dueling, but understand concerns related to chasing ghosts. Still I find so much better !
Certainly there is a place for improvements - like you could duel someone in a 5 minutes radius, so there will be no rabbits jumping around :p

DeletedUser25707

Inside it were numbered all future game changes, and one by one are being added to the game. One of those changes is dueling on the map spot. If someone expected it will never be added... Well... Noone can help him now.
Interesting... now I'm wondering if somewhere on that The Roadmap is change to the way sleeping protect from dueling.

A change that will make it so that ONLY sleeping in your own town and forts or allied towns and forts give you duel protection.

As for chasing ghosts... now duelers 10% speed bonus finally become usefull. But I do believe it should be increased to at least 20% [and 30 or 40% for premium].

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As for chasing ghosts... now duelers 10% speed bonus finally become usefull. But I do believe it should be increased to at least 20% [and 30 or 40% for premium].
+1

Only 10% is definetly rediculous.

DeletedUser

Latigo's 2 cents...

At first I saw this as a little more difficult to trying to find prey to kill with this update... I admit I am quite the camper ;)

But then I realized something more wonderful than camping a town!

Camping $oil drilling$... $silver mining$... $Charlatan$... $Stealing Horses$...

As another west legend has said...
...or at any job icon.

One thing that I remember being said (I think in the roadmap??) they would be adding a 'locator' some sort of GPS system that would let you be able to find targets easier. Especially with an update like this it is a little more work trying to find your targets you're use to attacking.

DeletedUser

I totaly agree.

In the past dueling was too simple and too hard to escape from now it fits reality more

DeletedUser

It's good if you have all day to sit here and just go to random spots and duel. It's bad for those of us that do things in the day and can't do it. It is very difficult to have wars between towns now as people can be so far away. I am done dueling after this update and it probably won't be long until the game comes to an end for me to. Not enough free time to try to chase people down.

DeletedUser

Well I just looked at people around my map area at jobs (I just scrolled in a radius of about 5 screens in random places) and I swear I only found 2 people working on shoe shining and 1 prospecting lol.

I am not a dueller and I don't intend to be one, I hate 0% motivation duellers more than anything else on this game but this is really harsh it seems to me (at the moment that is).

Maybe the part of the world where I am is just deserted or maybe everyone is sleeping?
Maybe people just need to adapt to a new tactic for getting people.
All said and done, I am quite happy at the moment been as chances are no one will hit me haha.

DeletedUser

That certainly is one of the many bad decisions the developers have made and will continue to make. Of course we are forced to put up with it. I got inactive because of not having the time to play The West any more, and after logging in now the update seems quite harsh. Dueling is a troublesome experience. Searching for players on the map is extremely dull, all you see on a job site is the number of players, then you have to click on it, see if there is anyone worth dueling. Then repeat to another place and stay in front of the computer constantly to keep traveling and looking for targets. The easiness of Saloon dueling is gone, where all you had to do is spend some time looking for a proper town and schedule duels a few times.

I have a fully built character, so all I care about is the duel itself. I can no longer pick the duelers/soldiers from the Saloon, instead I have to put up with the people in the town or job spot, who will probably be questers or job workers. While other soldiers travel around the map and stay in a town, to pick them I have to click on the other players' icon, then sort through a good number of people with information about their dueling level or town scattered around. Also part of them will be knocked out, sleeping, fort fighting, on a vacation. I have no way to know this until I click the duel button, because the comfort of the Saloon is gone. At the same time I am unable to judge how much experience they will yield.

Overall that would be 11 out of 10 on the bad update scale. Dueling will become a thing for players who have a lot of time on their hands. Thank god I am unable to play as I could before or this would make me mad for driving me way from the game.

DeletedUser

now imagine how much miles you must ride to get the master dueler medal, now the devs myby can put the miles counter into game.lol

DeletedUser

Just a quicky, when you get to a job to duel someone, do you still have to wait 10 minutes?
or is it instant?
As I said above I never duel so I wouldn't know.
I think it should be instant for the record.

DeletedUser

Hopefully people will really embrace the sheriff. Picking up $900 off of one duel was nicer than crossing my fingers and only getting ~$400 of of 7 duels.

Only 15 duels away from hitting gunslinger. After that will probably respec my character to a fort fighter.

Just a quicky, when you get to a job to duel someone, do you still have to wait 10 minutes?
or is it instant?
As I said above I never duel so I wouldn't know.
I think it should be instant for the record.

You still have to wait 10 minutes.

DeletedUser22575

The Road Map is nothing more than a future plan for possible change, some of which you might see in the future, some you may never see. And just because something is on the Road Map and put in effect does not mean it can't be removed, or changed again.

One possible change to go along with this "spot dueling" could be...once you are qued for a duel you could be locked in, unable to rabbit away.

That in fact would accomplish a couple of things...for one giving a "duel warning" to those online when they tried to run and couldn't :laugh:

The other thing it would accomplish once the found they were locked in is give their towns members time to work up the courage to be ready to attack back :eek:

DeletedUser

They way I see it, the life of questers and money makers just got a whole lot harder. The first place where I would search for a target is high paying job. As for duellers, Then I think that they just avoided about 50% of duels that could possibly happen to them.

DeletedUser

Also I wish they would lower the minimum bounty. I would hunt people for $100 or so.

DeletedUser

The min. bounty depends on the targeted player's level. So you can't make your multiacc just to set a target on some level 77 player just because.

DeletedUser

I knew it was a bad idea & I suggested they modify the map dueling to allow you you track players down via their town saloon ( you go to town find the player you want to duel but instead of 10 mins timer the timer would be how ever far away they are from town with your speed bonus + 10 mins ) but everybody , everybody who read the post said it was a bad idea & to just wait for the map dueling update. Bet you wish you had approved my foresight now.

Just proves the point that "its in the road map" doesn't mean we shouldn't attempt to improve them prior to release