1.28 bs?

DeletedUser

This just confuses people even more. I was under the impression after reading the devs comments on beta this year they were intending to fix the problem with duelers not being best at anything and soldiers being best at fortfigthing and dueling. So instead of making duelers good at dueling they make duelers good at fortfighting and keep soldiers good at dueling and make them worse at fortfighting (in comparison to the other classes). This wont help the poor souls who unnkowingly chose the dueler class to actually duel or the soldiers who chose soldiers class to fortfight.

DeletedUser9470

i think vengyr has a point, if you get down to basics it seems logical to make a dueller good at duelling and soldier good at fbs...

DeletedUser1121

well, i can agree on that one. But these things happen because of different decisions taken in the past which would be really hard to turn back without changing the things why people choose their character class in the past.

DeletedUser

your response says it all why they shouldnt add changes as drastic as these into old worlds

people like me have built their characters a certain way due to how things are

to just slam changes in there to completely negate things are just plain stupid

thats like oh u spent 250k to complete respec to fort fighter and oh now soldiers get to get blasted by over powered duelers

tbh devs should have asked around for the people that actually play to figure what was wrong with forts instead of just changing things

aand as i said before

fort battles should take into account the 4 major skill sets set forth before

aim, leadership, stamina + dodge
and
aim leadership hide, dodge

for off and def respectively, these skills should have more weight in fort battles

One Armed Ninja

Duelists are not overpowered.
Firstly, they have to hit you - and then be lucky enough to score a critical hit. Against most people that is just 100 or so extra damage

Also Generally duelists are the least played class, and the class you will not see very many of at fortbattles - so the chance of you being critted by one are a lot less than otherwise, because they have to shoot you rather than anyone else.

The soldiers hp bonus is still a great advantage in fortwars.
You say this is a drastic change?
How so?

All it does is influence fort battles, no more, and fortbattles where soldiers were all too obviously the best and most influential characters. Now in fort battles characters are slightly more evened out. YOU are only saying duelist is over powered because one hit you for high damage, if you were on the other side you'd be loving it.

DeletedUser

Totally agree OAN.

And fort battles now will be more attended by other chars. It will make them more fun to play.

GF

DeletedUser1121

yeah. Greatest reactions are only based on his own characters and that is his right.
But if you look at the complete picture i love the new fort advantages.
The even up the odds a bit.

DeletedUser

I hate the new adventurers' fort bonus and I've already said that in some other posts.
Soldiers were overpowered for too much time in both duels and forts, now the worker sector bonus and dueler's crits are a nice countermeasure to the japanese RPG style billion health points bosses.

for off and def respectively, these skills should have more weight in fort battles
Can't agree more. The current impact of aim/dodge/lead/hide/stamina in fort fights is too low when it comes to shooting. The system is heavily based on luck. We need more dependance on declared fort fighting skills and less on luck.

DeletedUser

in my previous post yea i am pissed but again

why break something more to fix it

as I said the devs dropped the ball

the fort skills should help determine how good someone is at fort fights not what class they are, thats what specific towers are for

well how about leave things the way they were eliminate character specific tower bonuses, jsut have them give bonuses to any character despite class, that way if someone decided to pump 200 pts into hp that would be there choice, high hp doesnt have any of the specific fort skills and there fore that would hinder them in that case

that would have been the best fix, not just jam stupid things like critcal hits and ability to not be damaged or some other stupid stuff

Diggo11

so can u explain to my why this came to be?

and soldiers got nothing and like it?
Because soldiers already have a 50% HP bonus plus 3 weapon level bonus. Seeing as HP is the most important skill in fort battles, according to Phil plus past experiences, I would say they've done alright.

Good. Duelers finally got a leg up on this game. Soldiers have always been the the best for forts AND duels now you must simply realize that they are no longer the absolute better choice for forts...too bad.
Yup, QFT.

The point is that duelers duel they need no so called fort fighting skills inorder to do a critical hit of this magnitude which is the bs
Great, from now on I decree soldiers are not allowed to duel as their tactics bonus means they need less points in tactics, which is totally unfair.

Silly logic to say the least.

This just confuses people even more. I was under the impression after reading the devs comments on beta this year they were intending to fix the problem with duelers not being best at anything and soldiers being best at fortfigthing and dueling. So instead of making duelers good at dueling they make duelers good at fortfighting and keep soldiers good at dueling and make them worse at fortfighting (in comparison to the other classes). This wont help the poor souls who unnkowingly chose the dueler class to actually duel or the soldiers who chose soldiers class to fortfight.
Tbh, I wouldn't be looking at cashing in my fort soldier for a fort duelist too soon. But yes you have a valid point. It is better than the current state however, in which duellers can basically do nothing. It is a foot in the right direction.

DeletedUser16008

TBH I think its not so much about the fact that soldiers have no bonus in this update.... sure its always been overbalanced in game with the soldiers bonus and duelers have always had a raw deal...

But quite honestly an awful lot of players have gone pure fort build for near on a year now... Soldier being the obvious choice and rightly so at the time...

So now all of a sudden all those people who have invested the time, money and effort for fort builds have once again been shafted ... will they have a chance to change their class ? no.... so thats a lot of fort fighters left high and dry and a lot of money they may well feel has been wasted. How fair is that to them ?

How many of them would have chosen a different class had they known ? Quite a lot Ill bet. Not the HP monsters maybe but a lot of the the others with spread fort skills.

And to make the dueler the fort god yet still leave him out on dueling ability is ridiculous. Sure theres not many duelers out there but really it makes no sense to make the supposed "dueler" the fort guy and still crap for dueling...:nowink:

Its not been really thought out as usual imo & the regularity of this kind of thing is no longer a surprise :dry:

Before anyone flames me btw i don't really care as im not set up for forts specifically anyway on any world, I realized long ago that forts are so random luck there really isnt any point skilling specially for them, the trade off just isnt worth it given it makes so little difference, not if you want to duel and win anyway.

I also have a greenhorn sat waiting for this as I was well aware the usual Nerf was coming, high hp dueler fort fighter monster anyone ? :razz:

DeletedUser

Yea right, if they knew this was coming, soldiers would choose to be a worker - the class those same soldiers were tormenting in duels for years. And now soldiers ate shafted?
Get serious. This is not a flame, but if you expected that the game will never change and that the soldiers will be the only overpowered class forever - you were not realistic.

Besides... Soldiers lost nothing. It's just that other classes got something.

DeletedUser

Even though it could be seen as counter-intuitive that soldiers are often the best at duels while duelers now could be the best at battles, I think this is a good thing. Duelers finally have a a trait that is actually worth something.

Besides, the dueler characters in W10 can more or less be counted on one hand, so I'd say Greatest is greatly overreacting. ;)

DeletedUser16008

Yea right, if they knew this was coming, soldiers would choose to be a worker - the class those same soldiers were tormenting in duels for years. And now soldiers ate shafted?
Get serious. This is not a flame, but if you expected that the game will never change and that the soldiers will be the only overpowered class forever - you were not realistic.

Besides... Soldiers lost nothing. It's just that other classes got something.

Your not really getting it are you ? It has nothing to do with dueling at all so try to stay on topic theres a good chap. :nowink:

Yes I expect plenty would have chosen different if specializing in forts had they known. Why ? because a lot of the old pros have been there and done it so much that anything different would be a blessing.

Like i said I feel sorry for those who have invested time & money into a specific build when they very well may have done otherwise thats all. Of course I don't expect one class to dominate but would it have been so hard to say here before w13 came out or even 14 that "hey better be aware theres an update to classes coming out so if you want to do just forts as theres a change coming to balance up the other classes apart from soldier.

There now that wouldnt be so hard now would it ? and dont tell me its not been in the pipeline for at least a few months. :razz:

DeletedUser

There now that wouldnt be so hard now would it ? and dont tell me its not been in the pipeline for at least a few months. :razz:
Beats me... I don't know anything about devs' plans except those bits posted in the Roadmap :)

DeletedUser5677

Heres what it says in the "Roadmap".
Higher character bonuses
Every character classe should revceive higher bonuses.

Horse plop pies straight from the horses mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you think im over reacting, nah

like victor said, a lot of people have put in a lot of time to their builds and to be shafted like that its just wrong

soldiers can be good duelers yes, but pure fort fighters arent really the best except the tacts advantage which is minimal if u dont have any other duel skills

but hey break it more before they try to fix it, good policy

Diggo11

So we should never update the game again because some people have already made their builds. Forts were unfair because no-one had fort builds and that was very unfair. In fact we should just revert to The West version 1.00 because every update has been unfair.

Curse those updates, making the classes somewhat more balanced!

DeletedUser5677

Agree 100%. It makes little sense, and off the roadmap. We shall see it all put to the test on w1 tomorrow. I do like the worker and adventurer bonuses.
:nowink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Seriously...Would you pick a dueler instead of a soldier now?

humm ..somehow i doubt that,soldiers still shine in every way in TheWest it just that you don't get immediately blinded when you look at them in fort battles now,still to be on the safe side you might want to wear shades anyways :laugh:

Slight bump on the road,let the carnage continue..