1.28 bs?

DeletedUser16008

So we should never update the game again because some people have already made their builds. Forts were unfair because no-one had fort builds and that was very unfair. In fact we should just revert to The West version 1.00 because every update has been unfair.

Curse those updates, making the classes somewhat more balanced!

Gee your comments are so adding to this thread I was both stunned and overawed by your wonderful contribution.:rolleyes:

Not saying that but dont you think this update could have or should have been made BEFORE the latest world was released not 3 weeks after ? Or god forbid at the SAME time.... now theres a shocking thought eh ?

Is it so hard for a professional company where updates are concerned to integrate them at the most logical time at the beginning of a world instead of a few weeks later ? Its just bad management nothing less and all for nothing more than rushing out a new world to suck in a few more bucks fast.

I mean i saw it coming so stayed greenhorn because im used to this kind of amateur planning but for crying out loud why cant these updates be done properly with a little forethought. ?

Try to come up with at least an intelligent argument or reason instead of sounding so sarcastically smug, or are you trying to say yea its a great piece of timing and stuff the few thousand players that are stuck yet again with a build they may have reconsidered had they known. Tough cookie huh ? they are only the mugs that pay the devs wages etc they should have read the dev blog and planned accordingly I suppose. THAT said

Higher character bonuses

Every character class should receive higher bonuses.

So thats nothing to go by either is it ? Then again reading the wording it said "should" not "will" so thats a nice little cop out anyway:dry:

I swear if it were a real roadmap wed all be in the desert in the middle of nowhere trying to figure out why wed bought the stupid thing from that blind guy in the first place. :razz:

DeletedUser

You should see how pure fortfighter workers hit now on towers, scary good on workers. I like it a ton =)

Diggo11

Try to come up with at least an intelligent argument or reason instead of sounding so sarcastically smug, or are you trying to say yea its a great piece of timing and stuff the few thousand players that are stuck yet again with a build they may have reconsidered had they known. Tough cookie huh ? they are only the mugs that pay the devs wages etc they should have read the dev blog and planned accordingly I suppose. THAT said

I am not saying it is great timing, in fact it is crap timing, I am sure you agree the right time to fix character classes would have been Version 1.10 ;) I am however saying it is good that they are finally becoming balanced and it is better late than never. Or, as I said earlier in my "useless" comments, would you prefer we just rollback to 1.27 because the update was late?

As it stands before the update, a premium soldier with 23 points in each fort skills then the rest of the points in HP was by far the best fort build. Now it is a good fort build. Just because there are other options, HP soldiers are not invalid, they are just a way of speccing a fort fighter. It is hardly drastically unfair to anybody - unless these other classes have skills behind the bonuses they will ultimately not be as good as the specced soldier. It just means I can now have four fort fighter builds to choose from instead of one, yippee.

So yeah, it was bad timing, but it's a good update. Build a bridge and let's get over it.

So thats nothing to go by either is it ? Then again reading the wording it said "should" not "will" so thats a nice little cop out anyway:dry:

I swear if it were a real roadmap wed all be in the desert in the middle of nowhere trying to figure out why wed bought the stupid thing from that blind guy in the first place. :razz:
Let me just say, the roadmap was a snapshot of planned changes standing at the beginning of 2010. It is not definite, it is not a promise, it is a rough forecast of what to expect. Some of the stuff we see on the roadmap has come, some of the stuff is coming, some of the stuff is delayed or discarded. I'm just as eager as you to see some of the stuff on there, but abusing the devs won't speed things up.

DeletedUser

its a good update, bull

its a piece of crap update

soldiers dont have just a fort only bonus, where is it?
just another way to shaft people blindside them and just be sarcastic and turned a blind eye to the people that are affected the most by this

gj, i wont be getting anymore premium for this stupid game anymore

DeletedUser

Their health and early weapon usage doesn't help in forts? Lets change that to only in duels, then you can go cry...

DeletedUser

early weapon usage?

im lvl 83 if theres a higher weapon i can use earlier let me know then itll actually be something useful

and sure u can remove the bonus hp in forts if u want

give us some ownage mod to then

DeletedUser5677

It alll boils down to the way they toss these "carefully tested" things out in contradiction to the almighty "roadmap", or any sense thereof .
They are consistently blowing a 7 P rule.
Prior Proper Planning Prevents Pis Poor Performance.
As Vengyr said, why would they give duelers a fort battle advantage that may outweigh soldier while giving them absolutely no duel advantage?
Its about as backwards as a hillbilly who married his sisters mothers daughter.
Let duelers duel and soldiers soldier.

One Armed Ninja

early weapon usage?

im lvl 83 if theres a higher weapon i can use earlier let me know then itll actually be something useful

and sure u can remove the bonus hp in forts if u want

give us some ownage mod to then

Amount of hp still plays a hugely large part in battles
You should be able to see that

And if one side vastly outmatches the other in terms of Hp, it's close to impossible for the smaller side to win. Just because you're scared of the dueler bonus doesn't make soldiers suck!

Imo, their hp is worth more by itself than any other class bonus, as it works EVERYWHERE and is constantly active, and is sooo God darn useful. Just because a tank might get critted every other battle, is not a reason to cry out how "unfair" everyone else now getting an advantage is.

Stop being so.... selfish!

DeletedUser

It's about time they evened this stuff out. I always liked the pictures better for my player to be a dueler but they were never equal with the other classes.

Thanks Inno :)

DeletedUser5677

It's about time they evened this stuff out.
Show your math when you are giving mathematical statements. How even is it? Do you even know? More even? Less even? Even stupider?
Some other rocket scientist said "well there are so few duelers it does not matter", or some such fox news-ish drivel. They broke the roadmap and lied to your faces.

DeletedUser

Lol

I cant get over how worked up people are about this. The roadmap isn't the holy bible, its was never something set in stone. They've said that and showed it since day 1. If you dont like the new bonuses, then think of new ones and suggest thing. All your whining wont fix anything, it just makes you seem stupid. Try being constructive instead of destructive. If you dont like it, go the hell home, the game would be better without you anyways.

DeletedUser5677

I always like the fanboi suggestions. 3 lines of nothing. Very constructive.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The roadmap isn't the holy bible, its was never something set in stone.
Yes it is a Bible. But inside it, it's written that some things are just a sketch and further details will be determined in the future. So far, the "prophecies" from the "Bible" are proving true. It's not Roadmap's problem that some players expected something else. :)
And I still wait for the duel system change which IMO should be a priority. :)

If you dont like the new bonuses, then think of new ones and suggest thing.
I don't like new adventurer fort bonus. But bonuses for a dueler and a worker are awsome. What should people like me do now? I like two bonuses, but dislike the third one? I mean... If I suggest something about one bad bonus, devs could change those two bonuses I adore, and I wouldn't want that. :)

If you dont like it, go the hell home, the game would be better without you anyways.
Ouch! :D

DeletedUser

I like the new perverted santa claus character who eyes me up when i open my inventory, he has had 2 items i wanted so far.

- Anyone know what that meadow does yet????

DeletedUser

And I still wait for the duel system change which IMO should be a priority. :)

From your posts I have found out that you dislike dueling and have never dueled "professionally". Why are you so eager for the dueling system to change? This is very egoistic, because you obviously expect it will become more difficult.

A lot of players complain how duelers don't care about anybody else, yet the questers and job workers are the ones who are most biased people. All they talk about is how duelers should be nerfed and they prefer the game is more difficult and time consuming for us.

I have played as both adventurer and fort fighter and I lost duels, but that was ordinary. I chose to level quickly or to enjoy battles, so I had to put up with the fact that from time to time someone will come and play around with me. Sometimes when dueling with my zero motivation soldier I wish I could level up as fast as possible or work on some high luck job for a fancy item. But that does not make me go around and ask for the job system to be changed so people work for more and earn less, or that items should not be found because I am unable to find any while dueling.

I am sick of people complaining about how unfair dueling is. This game is built on it. It is the backbone. Without duels this is nothing but a single player grind fest. Fort fighting is the other thing that keeps it competitive and exciting. Thank god the fort fighters can accept losing a duel, because they know they will rule the battle field.

DeletedUser5677

I like the new perverted santa claus character who eyes me up when i open my inventory, he has had 2 items i wanted so far.
Nice observation. He does look like the poster boy for child molesters. I didn't read about his design concept in the road map.

DeletedUser

b00k, I've never said that dueling is generally unfair. It is not. If you mean my posts about dueling defenseless builders, then yes, I do mean dueling defenseless builders is not fair. But then again, I've said in number of posts how to avoid duels at all if your character build sucks at duels. :)

Also I never said I dislike dueling. Where did you read that? For god's sake b00k, at least 20% of my XP on Arizona comes from the duels against NPCs. Yes, I said I don't care for duels and explained it a few times why. I simply want a team game. You're a part of a town, so the town should use you. Just like they use you to bring cash for buildings or to bring items for forts.
The new system, if implemented as the Roadmap stated, would mean an end to the solo dueling and would make town membership more important than it's now.

Just a few quotes from the new duel system plans, perhaps then you'll learn why do I want that change so badly and quick as possible:
1. Better chances to protect yourself even for a worker
A system that gets more and more complex over time

3. A very simple system for new players
Towns can stand strong against duels by protecting each other
5. Builders can protect each other

6. Strong players can help their weaker friends

Now would this actually make duels more important and more interesting than they are now? I belive it would. ;)
So a so called "dueling town" will not pump it's ranking on builders but will now have to be consisted of quality duelists who know their job.

But it's not determined yet if everything will be exactly the same as Roadmap suggests. You mustn't skip this sentence there:
An exact version oft he new fighting system will be announced with due notice!

Can't wait for that notice, honestly. :)

DeletedUser5677

So now we have in fort battles:
Adventurer: of dubious ability?, the rusher
Worker: stalwart of the fort with big hp usually
dueler: fort sniper/assault trooper
Soldier: still the Dueler outside of fort battles.

Nice job. I applaud the thought put in. [insert huge if not greater sarcasm].
I cant say re tar ded, but that is what it amounts to. It fits the definition.

DeletedUser9470

i think the adventurer bonus is great, at last something that gives adventurers something to smile about.
i think the builders tower bonus is also great, 9 peeps will be lucky on a lot of battles.

where i dont get it is the mismatch between soldiers and duellers.
duellers should have a tactics bonus, and soldiers should have the hp and critical hit bonus.