1.27 update news

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I agree

The game absorbs more money than it used to and will absorb more and more and also the day will come when drops will be more rare but more valuable. So when is all put together, it does make sense.

I do agree with you, right now the drops give us ie... black hats, grey slouch hats ... and on the rare occasion a really nice drop.

Take a look at the WEST STATS on eligible drop items.

DeletedUser

I agree

Old

Time: 09:00
Start: 100 Energy
Schedule: 4 hours (52 Energy)
End: 4 hours ~ 64 Energy & 4 Productivity..... ie........

New (Hotel)

Schedule: 2 hours + 2 hours 5 star sleep (52 Energy)
End: 4 hours ~ 83 Energy & 4 Productivity..... ie........

New (Barracks)

Schedule: 2 hours + 2 hours 6 star sleep (52 Energy)
End: 4 hours ~ 88 Energy & 4 Productivity ..... ie........

More productivity, same time frame.

Sorry, Diggo11, I cut up really nice outline of the new Sleeping..

I'm one of the players that likes what she sees in the new 1.27 update.

Giving the builders something else to do after building a towns was a great idea.. So what people have done is some of your builders worn on the forts and the others go help build out you allies towns, because they help protect your fort.

As for the dueling, I believe they hit the nail on the head, and I believe once you begin working with the new system of dueling you will find a balance, that the Devs were trying to achieve.

Inventory, yes I too was looking forward to shopping at the forts, but think about it. In worlds 1-9, they are moving very slowly, as most players have moved on to worlds 10, 11 & 12. the older worlds, don't have as many fort fights, the introduction of players coming back into the older worlds is needed, because in reality, they are not doing much other than keeping your jobs going and doing the quests you couldn't do when the world was active. So, WHAT IS THE NEED FOR ITEMS IN THE FORTS IF PEOPLE ARE NOT IN 3/4's of the worlds playing, and thinking only of worlds 10-12?

I like that the Devs are introducing ideas that have not been suggested, reason why... Because it's business.

Business for innogames, to create and work and to the stockholders to make money. That is a good thing, because in the end, why would they put money into changing the game structure, if there was not a clear view of where they want to take the game.

Remember, it's their (innogames) game, we get the privileged to play their game(s).

DeletedUser15747

1 question...
Do you know quests where you have to do a certain amount of hours, (EG. Raid Quest - Robbing Trains 8 Hours.)
Will this now be shortened to 4 hours because if not, then it will require you doing 8 X 1 Hour, which also means 8 X 24 energy. This will take twice as much energy but the same time. Seems as if we are having to work harder, but still getting same rewards as before?

DeletedUser

1 question...
Do you know quests where you have to do a certain amount of hours, (EG. Raid Quest - Robbing Trains 8 Hours.)
Will this now be shortened to 4 hours because if not, then it will require you doing 8 X 1 Hour, which also means 8 X 24 energy. This will take twice as much energy but the same time. Seems as if we are having to work harder, but still getting same rewards as before?

that's a good point. The obvious and the sane thing would be to cut it to half.

DeletedUser

I do agree with you, right now the drops give us ie... black hats, grey slouch hats ... and on the rare occasion a really nice drop.

Take a look at the WEST STATS on eligible drop items.

Speaking of item drops, what happens to them? People with bad item luck and/or going for a low-luck item are gonna have it much harder with half the drop chances (and there I can admit self-interest, as I still need to find Aztec Gold from Treasure Hunt)

DeletedUser544

@Diggo

I am not going to argue with a MOD over these updates you are biased and the fact that you wade in and do your page long rant against what I am saying is bull, because the second I respond in kind I will get punished; I have seen this game played on me before and I will not rise to your bait

@ the others harping on me

I have a right to complain about the updates. its that simple. if you don't like it, get over it. the updates are unfair to older players; its that simple. and just because Duduie and a few other high level brown-nosers are happy for them doesn't exonerate Inno games from the poor way in which they treat us older players

DeletedUser

Roland you are such a crybaby its ridiculous. How is this unfair to level 99 people? That doesn't make sense looks to me like your pissed cause you didn't get what you want out of this update. This allows for more to be done in less amount of time. I don't see how this is unfair to older players since they can do the same. Im going to steal a quote from you now.
if you don't like it, get over it.

TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE!!

DeletedUser

One thing I'd like to ask here about this work system. How about motivation?
Will new 1 hour take as much motivation away as old 2 hours or the same as old 1 hour job?

Sorry if have been asked already or told, don't want to suffle through all this ranting and whining in this topic to find out ;)

DeletedUser

Does this effect dueling motivation in any way?
It has nothing to do with the change of dueling motivation. The fact that you don't have to travel to a guy's town who's in your town attacking makes it easier for you to duel him.

As for work motivation 1h in the new system = 2h in now's system, so I am pretty sure the motivation is no exception, so 1h of work will take motivation down as much as 2h of work does now and gives you exactly the same reward.

DeletedUser

Damn i was hoping it would duel right now motivation regenerates to slow for my taste. :unsure:

DeletedUser

I meant to ask before Professor Noobypants completely derailed this thread with his teardrop soaked keyboard...

Sorry if this has already been addressed, I skipped a lot of malarkey to get here.

Product drops: as I understand it, there are currently 4 checks in a 2 hour stretch of work to see if you found a product (whiskey while doing Mercenary Work) = every 1/2 hour you do a job, you have a chance of finding a product. Will it now be changed to a check for every 15 minutes of work?

And on that note, will you be able to schedule work in 15/30/60 minute increments?

How (if at all) will this effect item drops?

Diggo11

That's a ridiculous amount of sleeping. A PC shouldn't have to sleep that much just to make the sums work. What happens if they either don't have access to or can't afford a 5 star hotel?
If you don't have a level 5 hotel then you will maintain the current rate of productivity until you do gain access to a level 5 hotel, at which point it will increase as I showed ;)

@Diggo

I am not going to argue with a MOD over these updates you are biased and the fact that you wade in and do your page long rant against what I am saying is bull, because the second I respond in kind I will get punished; I have seen this game played on me before and I will not rise to your bait

@ the others harping on me

I have a right to complain about the updates. its that simple. if you don't like it, get over it. the updates are unfair to older players; its that simple. and just because Duduie and a few other high level brown-nosers are happy for them doesn't exonerate Inno games from the poor way in which they treat us older players
Erm yeah I'm a volunteer picked from the player base, of course I will have my own opinion about it, which I am entitled to express seeing as I am not involved with the moderation of this forum. So let's not try pull the bias mod card out, it'll only end in tears for both of us ;) On that, if you still have something to say to me personally let's take it to a PM so we can get back to the discussion at hand.

----------

Remember the first part of the update said "work" will be affected. It did not mention duelling, prayer, sleep, items or any other aspect. Things like chances to find an item or product should remain the same. As for the changes to quest requirements, nothing was mentioned, rather than speculating we'll wait for the update to arrive on beta and give our thoughts then :)

DeletedUser

Product drops: as I understand it, there are currently 4 checks in a 2 hour stretch of work to see if you found a product (whiskey while doing Mercenary Work) = every 1/2 hour you do a job, you have a chance of finding a product. Will it now be changed to a check for every 15 minutes of work?

Zet said, product drops will be checked every 15 minutes
(http://forum.the-west.de/showpost.php?p=419872&postcount=79)

I suppose, that will result in different job times as well.

DeletedUser

Are the Saloons still going to work as they are now? I mean, I have nothing against people wasting their energy losing against me on the spot, but I prefer to be able to access all my targets at one nifty screen. And also to be able to duel them for 10 minutes each, not 40-50 minutes around for a duel that might not yield enough cash.

DeletedUser

If you don't have a level 5 hotel then you will maintain the current rate of productivity until you do gain access to a level 5 hotel, at which point it will increase as I showed ;)

And, unless someone's heard different, the amount of inactivity (sleeping) required has more that doubled... possibly even tripled if you're not an Adventurer and can only afford a Level 1 hotel.

Zet said, product drops will be checked every 15 minutes
(http://forum.the-west.de/showpost.php?p=419872&postcount=79)

I suppose, that will result in different job times as well.

Well, that helps that, then. Did he say anything about energy regen?

EDIT:
devzet (via Google treanslate) said:
Practically, this means that more needs to sleep on the day in order to continue operating at full capacity to work through, because the energy must indeed come in again somehow.

Ah, so no change there. Oh, dear...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

One thing that will work in the favor of workers/adventurers (generally my style of character) is that with all the extra sleep that players like me will be requiring, we won't be sitting around as much for the duelers to attack :) (I will probably go from sleeping around 10 hours per day to sleeping around 14 hours per day)

Also, with the ability to duel at any location on the map, what is the last 30 minutes before a fort fight gonna be like? Will everyone be trying to take out the opposition before the battle begins....

Status
Not open for further replies.