1.27 update news

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Stolen from lokiju @ w1 forums... sorry man :p
this needed to be a more public discussion...

lokiju said:
Well as we get updated first on W1 new info concerning 1.27 update is most important to us. There is a blog on Beta forum where info on this update is being translated from german servers.

CHECK THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFORMATION

mickey1992:

"... And here are the first official information on 1.27:

- there will be some changes in the interface/ layout.

- the working system will be changed. Especially the working times will be influenced by 1.27

- new statistics of works will be collectable

- all fortfighters will be able to get to know their recruting status and who have recruted them

- bugfix: "reservist" and "traitor" status will be shown rightly now.

- some new premiumfeatures. Details are not confirmed yet, because the features become tested on the internal beta right now.

Tomorrow I will give you a precise overview on all the facts that the Germans know about the third key. If there is something missing when the overview is posted here, feel free to send me a PN with further additions on that topic.

About 1.27 there are no news since 2 days. But as it looks like, the Public Beta won't become updated next week.

- new non-premium-feature: NPC-Duels on the map and instantduels. Instantduels, that means, that you can duel everyone directly at the place where he is standing and not in the saloon of the otherone's town. Maybe this thing will be in 1.28, the devs don't know yet how fast they'll be able to develope it.

Source of information: http://forum.the-west.de/showthread.php?t=32756"

Further news concerning the 1.27 and its changes:

1) Works:
- 2 hours of work will be as effective as 1 hour is now (luck, money, xp, motivation, etc). Here's an example:
Old: 2 Hours need 24 Energypoints and give 120$ and 100 XP
New: 1 Hour needs 24 Energypoints and gives 120$ and 100 XP

- There won't be a 2-hours-work any more.

- You will be able to set 3 works in your activity queue without premium and with premium 8 works.

=> The game becomes a bit more time-consuming but if you are active, you'll be more effective than before.

2) Duels:
- Duelprotection will be still active as now (duels only possible, if you are a member of a town)

- The duelfeature is the last feature on the To-Do-List for 1.27. If there will occure some problems, this feature might become set back for an undefinite time.

- Duels will be possible, while standing quite close to your enemy. You needn't stand on the same field as him.

- There will be two new "areas" in the duelmenu
-> 1. NPC-Duels: There you will be able to choose an npc-opponent from a list of npcs. NPCs which you couldn't defeat will stay in the list. The ones which you defeat will get out of the list and become after some time replaced by another one (or the same, not sure right now).
-> 2. Regular Duels: This will be a list of about 10-20 players, which are nearly as strong as you. Its function is to find possible opponents fastly.

- If you started a duel and your opponent changes his position, this won't take any effect on the duel, so that the duel will take place even if your opponent is not nearby you.

----

Regarding the new "Working" system...

WTF IS THIS!?!?!? So you are telling me now all the time I've been playing 14 hours a day, I'll only be able to play for 7 hours a day? LAME!!! Not to mention the fact that this is so obviously aimed at getting more and more people to buy Premium Energy / Premium Automation it isn't even funny.

Regarding the new "Dueling" system...

+REP to the dev's... this one is definitely going to be a desirable update. I for one can't wait to get all these town campers the F away from towns. Make them come hunt you down, and if they do, you can have backup there waiting, rather then having to walk 5 hours to their town just to retalliate... by which time they will most likely be sleeping / protected.

+++REP 4 Dueling System
----REP 4 Working System

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Big deal. You queue 3h instead of 4h without premium and the same 8h with premium = not much encouragement for premium there.
I see the work feature positively, I like it. I get in 1h what I would get in 2h real life time. You can still schedule the same 2h and sleep if you need to go afk for a longer while and get double the money and the exp for the same 2h.
As for the dueling, now this will be so interesting. I hope they will make it so sleep won't interrupt the duel anymore, to get rid of this camping trend.

Edit: I remembered one more detail: working 1h with the same amount of energy taken, will require day naps and this is where fully built barracks and sleepyhead set come in handy. Makes forts a bit more desirable. :)

DeletedUser

One thing we're going to see is a flood in people complaining about the boosted amount of xp again... They just need to realize that you're time is cut shorter but your energy spent is the same so you'll still have to sleep a lot quicker.

Its kind of a bummer though, the 4 hour job times work perfect for me, start them right b4 I go to work, set 4 more on my lunch and they finish almost when I get off work. I'm not gonna complain though, as long as they dont mess with my luck% drops!!!! :mad::blink::mad:

DeletedUser

As a non-premium user, I have a hard enough time getting online to queue up jobs before going idle. Having to log in every 3 hours or risk getting left behind would just kill me physically if I even attempted to do so. Two hours then sleep, two hours then sleep. With enough days of that, eventually I'm just going to get too frustrated to continue.

I do look forward to the new duel setup though.

DeletedUser

They introduce the bad with the good, in an attempt to make us forget about the evil master plot behind the whole scheme.... $_$

DeletedUser

Fingers crossed who ever though of this update gets struck by a lightning before implementing it.

By the way I think you will be able to duel people in person, but also at towns. I don't think they are removing the saloons.

DeletedUser

1) Works:
- 2 hours of work will be as effective as 1 hour is now (luck, money, xp, motivation, etc). Here's an example:
Old: 2 Hours need 24 Energypoints and give 120$ and 100 XP
New: 1 Hour needs 24 Energypoints and gives 120$ and 100 XP

I've really NEVER EVER seen anyone proposing this, or even talking about it... Nobody needed it, the current system is fine as it is. I thought the devs had enough (more interesting) things to develop... :cool:

DeletedUser

The new working system is a huge change to game mechanics. Implementing such a thing without having a real discussion about it first is awful.

It will make the game more time consuming and even harder to work with real life. Very, very bad idea!

DeletedUser

something I would like to see is with this part
- Duels will be possible, while standing quite close to your enemy. You needn't stand on the same field as him.
I think there should be some kind of X factor with this ether if you are a melee fighter that it may cause you 1 or 2 rounds of a duel to get your first attack off. (to get up close) and if you are a ranged dueler. the odds of hitting a person are effected by the distance away from the person you are fighting.
this way it will be more realistic to a real duel.
and one thing that can be factored into the melee dueling is that if both people are melee it takes half the time to get to the duel because of the fact they are both running at each other.

DeletedUser

The "Work" update is a such a big mistake.
Yes, it has it's positive aspects, but it will make the game harder to play in real life.

DeletedUser

something I would like to see is with this part

I think there should be some kind of X factor with this ether if you are a melee fighter that it may cause you 1 or 2 rounds of a duel to get your first attack off. (to get up close) and if you are a ranged dueler. the odds of hitting a person are effected by the distance away from the person you are fighting.
this way it will be more realistic to a real duel.
and one thing that can be factored into the melee dueling is that if both people are melee it takes half the time to get to the duel because of the fact they are both running at each other.

Don't you think you are kind of going beyond the reasonable boundary? The update is more than awful and ruining the melee characters won't make it more pleasant.

DeletedUser

the evil master plot behind the whole scheme.... $_$
Right... why in the world would any company look for a way to make their product more profitable - PURE EVIL! Rather than typing it all over again, I'll ask you to please click here.

I'm not a big fan of the idea of "The game becomes a bit more time-consuming but if you are active, you'll be more effective than before." This is the reason I stopped playing Tribal Wars - no matter how fun it is to play a game, real life trumps it every time. If I fall too far behind because I enjoy fresh air and sunlight I'll have to quit and take my money elsewhere.

DeletedUser

Don't you think you are kind of going beyond the reasonable boundary? The update is more than awful and ruining the melee characters won't make it more pleasant.

it may "ruin" it as you say, but would it not be more rationalistic? it would promote more melee on melee dueling. and give it a more realistic feel to the game, which is drastically needed.

DeletedUser

It's like getting both your legs cut off, so you can have stronger hands. Not a fair trade, not at all. Why would we need more melee on melee dueling? As if melee people don't duel each other. I have never picked my targets based on their weapon of choice. We are looking for fun, not realism. Yes, people in the 19th century weren't wielding foils against guns but in this game it's a nice way for us to chose a different character path.

DeletedUser544

I think the bigger question is once again, how are they prioritizing features?

the 2009 roadmap (LAST YEAR's ROADMAP) had all sorts of feature additions that have been ignored once again; where are the fort shops? it just seems so backwards the way they develop things here. they introduce forts last year, then promise an update soon to put the fort shops in so that FORTS ACTUALLY HAVE A REASON TO EXIST
and instead, what do we get in updates? they change the work system, obviously to force people to pay more premium. and once again, if you are a lvl99 capped player? well this update doesn't do a SINGLE THING for you

is it really too much to ask for new features to be actually implemented in the order that Inno told us they would a year ago? why are these latest game updates MORE IMPORTANT then updates promised to us last year, that people have all been waiting for (while they continue to pay premium no less)? is it so hard to get the fort shops introduced? is it really that hard to lift the lvl99 cap? but no, we need to introduce a completely systematic change to both the dueling and working subsystems, for NO REASON other then to try to encourage new players to spend more money on premium, and to further screw over lvl99 capped players who have literally NOTHING LEFT TO DO IN THIS GAME

and while I like having the ability to challenge those who camp in my town without having to go find them... I think the dueling system changes are completely unfair because it is a huge systematic change to all facets of how duels work; it will change the strategies and tactics people use. it will make certain player's duel builds OBSOLETE. so once again, OLDER players who have been working on their duel build for months or years get to watch the entire rules they have adhered to in building their character change out from underneath them. meanwhile, new players who are just joining integrate into the new system seamlessly because they dind't waste 30 levels of skill points and attributes going down a path with their character build that has now been rendered obsolete and worthless because Inno thought it was important to change EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME instead of delivering on a single thing they have promised since forts were introduced in 2009

DeletedUser

The moment I saw Roland posted here, I knew is going to be a complaint. I am a level 99 DUELER and I am happy with this update. The promised changes will come sooner or later (or not at all, nobody said they will definitely be implemented). The duel on spot was desired as much as fort shops, so one out of 2 is not so bad.
And until you become a game developer and know "how hard" it is to do one thing or another and "how hard" it is to please everybody in the same time, please shut up.
You have to have in mind that they are people, not gods, with lives just like ours. They don't work 24/7 to make sure Roland Deschain has nothing else to complain about. You would complain anyway, no matter what. (sorry for my conclusion, but I never saw any happy posts from you, all you do is whine).

DeletedUser15747

Wow, mixed feelings!
Good dueling, sorta good work but more time spent on game. i like to queue a job and then only have to go on every two hours. now i am gonna effectively doubling my time on the game. not many peopl are gonna do this, so people are gonna be doing nothing for so long in the game!

DeletedUser

Umm, the work change is not bad if you think about it. Take Lord Melnkor's situation for example: he used to schedule 2+2h then during lunch schedule some more 2+2h and be good by the time he gets home from work. That means 8h of work with no sleep. Now lets see what he can do after the update: schedule 1+1h and sleep, at lunch cancel sleep schedule some more 1+1h then sleep. So after 8h of RL work, he would have 4h of game work and 4h of sleep. Those 4h of work are the equivalent of 8h of work now, before the update, so he can work the same, but catch some sleep too. Now I think the situation will be getting better for him.
Nobody notices it means more work, more results in one day?!?!

Edit: Here, I will put it mathematically!
100 energy = 4h of work after the update
In one day you can work 4h, sleep 6h (in fully built barracks) then work 4h more (I am not including regeneration during work)
That means 8h of work daily, the equivalent of 16h of work right now.
You can schedule 3h of work or 2h of work and sleep, so why the big fuss? It doesn't change all that much, it just means more work in one day WITHOUT PREMIUM and without needing to be online all the time. Instead of just 4h of work, you can get the same results in 2h and use the other 2h to regenerate some energy.

DeletedUser15747

Ah when you put it like that it sounds pretty darn good!

What I don't get is why they say:
'oh there is too much money in game, boo hoo :('
Then they go and make it easier to get money and quicker, and also people will be finding items hourly instead of 2 hour blocks. so people will be able get money faster and yet the people who run the game say there is too much?
Don't make sense :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.