Passed 1,2,3,4 stars of your hotel

Shall the hotel star system be different for town members?

• Yes

Votes: 176 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 43 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

VOTING: 2 weeks to vote yes or no. If poll reaches magic # of 80% of positive yes vote then it will be sent on to developers to decide.

No more changes will be allowed to post #1 unless authorized by Good Feather or other Mod.

Proposal:

implementing a way of using the current system of levels in an already existing hotel, so that the lower stars are not redundant for the town members.

Current Workaround:
People for now have to to manually stop their sleep (especially if the town your in doesn't have a fort) in order to get to the place where they have to be (forts, quest givers, foreign town..) by a certain time (be it when you will be online, when a fort battle begins, or some other deadline), and while this works perfectly if can afford to be online 24/7, there are certain (many) instances where one would wish this possible.

Details:
When you have a 5 star hotel built in your town, who of the town members is EVER going to sleep at one of the lower levels? and why would they when they can sleep at 5 stars?..
There has already been several threads on shorter sleeping, and I appreciate that fact, however, none of them (as far as I know) have made this suggestion, with an elaboration:

-the hotel stars remain the SAME for any NON town members (prices same, nothing changes).

-for the town members the stars represent shorter sleeping periods equal to the existing energy revival rate of the stars, in the time that it would be revived at 5 star sleeping:

so 1 star = 64 energy points = 5.12 hours sleep (approx.307 mins)
2 star = 72 energy points = 5.76 hours sleep (approx.345 mins)
3 star = 80 energy points = 6.40 hours sleep (exactly 384mins)
4 star = 88 energy points = 7.04 hours sleep (approx. 422 mins)
and of course
5 star = 100 energy points = 8.00 hours sleep

Premium system will also need to be made for 150 energy but it will be consistent with the 100 point scale as the game currently works, the mins of sleep is the real issue.

this way the hotel stars will actually have purpose for the the town members, who, lets face it, use it the most anyway.

Abuse Prevention:
o.k so what happens when you have a level 1,2 3,4 hotel?
1 star= 64 energy points = 8 hours (as usual)
2 star= 72 energy points = 8 hours (as usual) then 1 star would be 7.11 hours (426 mins)
3 star= 80 energy points = 8 hours 8as usual) then 2 star would be 7.20 hours (432 mins), and 1 star would be 6.40 hours (384 mins)
4 star= 88 energy points = 8 hours (as usual) then 3 star would be 7.27 hours (436 mins), and 2 star would be 6.45 hours (393 mins), and 1 star would be 5.81 hours (349 mins)
5 star is already stated above.

Visual Aids:

redundant hotel rooms.jpg

this is what a fully built hotel would look like.
(this character has a total health of 1540)
Summary:
Use of the current 1,2,3,4 stars of the already built 5 star hotel for a town member to ANY extent!
hm, Inno: It definitely adds to game-play as the current system is redundant, as for ways to profit off of this, I will leave that up to you guys;) (I can't see a way to make people pay for this advantage, but does that fact make it inadmissible?)

Administration
I'm pretty sure it meets the guidelines, and I didn't see anything on the list that remotely resembles this proposal.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26406

Nope I don't like it a bit and who cares if no one uses the 1,2,3,4 star hotels?

DeletedUser

OR you could just sleep in a 5 star hotel and cancel it when you hava the needed energy

DeletedUser26406

Thats what I always do and I don't really want it to change.

DeletedUser

I like it.
You have 30 energy left, you use the 2 star hotel and queue 2 jobs after it.
Using the 5 star means you are wasting 2.24 hrs sleep.

To those who say just cancel the normal 8hr sleep when you have enough energy, what if you can't get online at the time?

DeletedUser22575

When you have a 5 star hotel built in your town, who of the town members is EVER going to sleep at one of the lower levels? and why would they when they can sleep at 5 stars?..

There has already been several threads on shorter sleeping, and I appreciate that fact, however, none of them (as far as I know) have made this suggestion, with an elaboration:

-the hotel stars remain the SAME for any NON town members (prices same, nothing changes).

-for the town members the stars represent shorter sleeping periods equal to the existing energy revival rate of the stars, in the time that it would be revived at 5 star sleeping:

so 1 star = 64 energy points = 5.12 hours sleep (approx.307 mins)
2 star = 72 energy points = 5.76 hours sleep (approx.345 mins)
3 star = 80 energy points = 6.40 hours sleep (exactly 384mins)
4 star = 88 energy points = 7.04 hours sleep (approx. 422 mins)
and of course
5 star = 100 energy points = 8.00 hours sleep

this way the hotel stars will actually have purpose for the the town members, who, lets face it, use it the most anyway.

(maybe its a minor idea, not sure, you decide.. If there has been the EXACT same suggestion posted before, I apologize for not being able to find it in the sea of posts here)

Yeah...great idea...fantastic...lets create more work for the developers because players are to lazy to sleep what they need in the 5 star then cancel the sleep.

I like it.

To those who say just cancel the normal 8hr sleep when you have enough energy, what if you can't get online at the time?

Your still safe in the hotel for one thing instead of sitting around because hotel time has ran out and you have become a target..

DeletedUser

I like the idea simply because of timing. I can que up less than 8 hrs of sleep, then the walk over to a fort fight an make it there in time without having to be online just to press cancel.

DeletedUser9470

I like it.

i agree with cool.
i would love to have more options in terms of sleep time.
the more choice the better it is for the player.

Deleted User - 1278415

I like the idea simply because of timing. I can que up less than 8 hrs of sleep, then the walk over to a fort fight an make it there in time without having to be online just to press cancel.

That would be the only reason I like this idea. I've always dislike the fact that the least you can sleep in the game is 6 hours if you have a fort.... but if I wanted to time everything exactly while I was sleeping I couldn't work and do a 3 hour sleep and time the fort battle exactly. And where this has hurt me in the past is if I canceled a sleep that was planned to move me to a fort battle after-wards and now im in a pickle as I cant do it exactly in 8/6 hours.

Maybe this way i could walk to the battle and sleep for a 1 star time and still make the battle on time.

This adds an interesting concept to the idea... not sure my priority on it... maybe 2-3 stars (I'll decide in a minute) as it is a nice concept if the devs were asking for what should be changed... but should it... probably not.

DeletedUser3543

Why not just add a drop down box to the hotel, so you can queue up either 2,4,6 or 8 hours of sleep.

DeletedUser

Why not just add a drop down box to the hotel, so you can queue up either 2,4,6 or 8 hours of sleep.

i like the idea...but as MG says above you should be able to queue the ammount of hrs of sleep required to suit your current energy stats....

:whistle:

DeletedUser

I would really like those who have dismissed the idea so readily to add some constructive criticism to their post instead of " I really don't like the idea "fullstop" or why should we change 1,2,3,4 stars in hotel even though no-one uses them. Also a reason like "the devs are too busy" really doesn't cut it, coz this is part of the devs job- to improve the game and gameplay, and to rid it of redundant options.

Perhaps someone can find a way that this could be ill-used, for example.. (coz I can't), no-one even mentioned the the times that don't end on a full nor even half hour but a certain strange and partial minute (I could understand why some wouldn't like it just because of that). Or can someone think of a way to make it profitable to inno for eample?

Dissing ideas without an explanation as simply as some have done here isn't just redundant, it's plain rude. At least let us know why YOU are so closed to the idea.
I'm open to any ideas that would make the 1,2,3,4 stars in ANY WAY worth someone's while to use..
I'm certain that a good idea using these redundant stars would pass, and I'm aware of certain flaws in mine, but I'm hoping that we could all come to a better solution. Together.
I really don't care who takes credit for it in the end, I would just like to the game to improve. That's all.

here I've made a visual aid, so that it's more understandable:

redundant hotel rooms.jpg

this is what a fully built hotel would look like.

(this is for a character that has 1540 health points)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Great Idea Kengur.And all the part with the timing,really great thoughts! I hope this will come soon in the server as additional option in the hotel! Cheers mate! ;)

DeletedUser22575

I still don't like this idea.

When players start playing a game they know what their RL schedule is..and how often they are going to be able to play usually.

Some players live on line..some log on frequently..and some just do the best they can.

This game is like many, progression is directly liked to activity level.

What this does is reward those who are less active by allowing the queing of X many hours of sleep and then queing jobs to follow. As such it also penalizes those who are more active by making the time they spend playing less rewarding for them since those who can spend less time now can accomplish just as much through this new "automation".

So if this is going to be effective it should be just that...you want the same reward as those who spend the time playing you should have to pay for it through a new premium automation.

DeletedUser

So Tj your afraid that the nonpayers will get an advantage over the premium payers? that's just rediculous. Not to mention that the time difference between sleeping in the fort (which is the better option, no matter what level) and sleeping at level1 with this option is around 50 mins. This just alloows the option to sleep less to people that are not in a fort.
Well fine, let's make it that this is a premium only feature, I just want to see that screen used for something! Coz like this it has no function whatsoever, might aswell just put a button on the screen someplace with bold letters "sleep in own town", and it automatically sends you to sleep at highest level..
None of you would EVER use this feature if it were implemented? come on.

The reason I didn't post something along the lines of Mistergadilfs suggestion is that I believe that the developers wouldn't swallow something like that, and according to TJ a lot of players too.. Especially the paying sort!

I must admit the lack of interest for this topic surprises me somewhat. Oh well, might as well delete this thread as it looks like nobody wants it.

DeletedUser22575

So Tj your afraid that the nonpayers will get an advantage over the premium payers? that's just rediculous. Not to mention that the time difference between sleeping in the fort (which is the better option, no matter what level) and sleeping at level1 with this option is around 50 mins. This just alloows the option to sleep less to people that are not in a fort.
Well fine, let's make it that this is a premium only feature, I just want to see that screen used for something! Coz like this it has no function whatsoever, might aswell just put a button on the screen someplace with bold letters "sleep in own town", and it automatically sends you to sleep at highest level..
None of you would EVER use this feature if it were implemented? come on.

The reason I didn't post something along the lines of Mistergadilfs suggestion is that I believe that the developers wouldn't swallow something like that, and according to TJ a lot of players too.. Especially the paying sort!

I must admit the lack of interest for this topic surprises me somewhat. Oh well, might as well delete this thread as it looks like nobody wants it.

No, what i said was that you can't expect the same results as some one more active without matching their activity.

And if you can't be online as much as they can and want to be able que jobs like this based on shorter hotel stays to compensate for your lack of being online the active players should not be penalized for your situation by you being able to work the same as them.

DeletedUser

I think this is a good Idea and already stated why. I would love to see this go to vote. I am a very active player but would still love to see this implemented, or you might as well at least make the 5 star default when you open the hotel screen. But I think your Idea is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.